• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Were all the performances of Glorious live before Muse started using Morgan? I can't tell if it's just the recordings of it on YouTube are bad and aren't picking up much besides Matt, Chris, and Dom or if there just simply isn't a backing track/Morgan playing anything.

It's too bad the live version sounds so empty and rough compared to the studio version (which doesn't sound the best either but is definitely cleaner than the live recordings).

(Sorry for the really huge bump but I figured it was better to just continue this thread rather than starting a new one.)

It's too bad the live version sounds so empty and rough

:supersad:

live version sounded insaaaaaaaane. But yeah, no Morgan

When did they start using Morgan actually? I know it was in the BH&R tour but was it right from the first gig or a few gigs in?

Straight away I think in Dundee

"Glorious" has been my favorite Muse song from the first time I heard it-actually I listened to it about ten times in a row when I discovered it exists. It deserves to be played live. In a stadium it would be amazing, It'll never happen, but it's fun to think about.

Well according to Chris it seems like they were planning to do like a B-sides/rarities gig before they decided to do Origin at R/L, so I guess there was a brief moment where Glorious might have been played. Dunno if a proper B-sides/rarities gig is something they would consider again though.

Really?

Yeah, it was mentioned in some interview leading up to R/L. I think it might have been in that big NME/Q/whatever special. Lemme find it.

EDIT:

Chris: .... "So we've been thinking for a long time about what we can do - we were talking for a while about doing some sort of B-sides set, or playing stuff that we haven't played for a long time. There are a lot of older songs that never get a look in."

When did they start using Morgan actually? I know it was in the BH&R tour but was it right from the first gig or a few gigs in?

(Muse met him during the Absolution tour when they asked him to replace Chris for one gig and then) while doing BHaR they decided to ask him to become a regular live member in order to be able to cut down on all the backing tracks, as they thought that on the Absolution tour they relied too much on them.

Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure.

They had him in 2004 to replace chris when he broke his hand

(Muse met him during the Absolution tour when they asked him to replace Chris for one gig and then) while doing BHaR they decided to ask him to become a regular live member in order to be able to cut down on all the backing tracks, as they thought that on the Absolution tour they relied too much on them.

Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure.

I know the thing about how they met him and why they hired him and all, I just didn't know when he actually began touring with them or how often.

Yeah the Absolution point is completely irrelevant to Morgan and Glorious

That's why I used brackets for that part :phu:

But anyways...Kueller, I think Morgan was there right from the very start of the BHaR tour, since Muse apparently asked him to become a regular live member before they started the tour. But as I said, not 100% sure.

Yeah, it was mentioned in some interview leading up to R/L. I think it might have been in that big NME/Q/whatever special. Lemme find it.

EDIT:

Chris: .... "So we've been thinking for a long time about what we can do - we were talking for a while about doing some sort of B-sides set, or playing stuff that we haven't played for a long time. There are a lot of older songs that never get a look in."

Oh that sounds awesome! I guess they don't plan on doing that anymore though... Shame.

And never playing Glorious since its release is one of the worst decisions Muse have ever made.

Yes. Glorious has been my favourite Muse song and one of my all time favourite songs ever since the moment I heard it live under the name of DES in 2004. Shame on you, Muse, shame on you. :(

Glorious has never been one of my faves but it's clearly one of the better non-album tracks.

People complain about BH&R production issues and Glorious is actually one song where the production does bother me (whether or not it was recorded/mixed at the same sessions I do not know). It sounds cacophonic and weirdly muddled to me, like it the production was never quite finished. It's a little hard to enjoy as a listening experience even if the chorus melody is quite nice.

Glorious has never been one of my faves but it's clearly one of the better non-album tracks.

People complain about BH&R production issues and Glorious is actually one song where the production does bother me (whether or not it was recorded/mixed at the same sessions I do not know). It sounds cacophonic and weirdly muddled to me, like it the production was never quite finished. It's a little hard to enjoy as a listening experience even if the chorus melody is quite nice.

You complain too much

Archived