Ah, I like a bit of metal, me. I'd love to see Metallica again.

I don't generally like seeing Muse at festivals :( I prefer seeing them do their own gigs, but a tour isn't likely till 2013 I suppose.

Don't really fancy V as the lineup last year was odd, mis-matched and chavvy, as I recall.

T might be OK but I think people were unenthusiastic about their performance last time they were there. They don't seem to 'do' Scotland much, I guess they're less likely to get as many of their fans at T than at V.

Sonisphere might be OK. The heavy metal might be interesting for a change :chuckle:

I don't get this assumption that metal fans can't tolerate any song that's not pure balls-out metal. Really.

I can think of a few people I know that would fit that stereotype. They really bug me. Of course there will always be a few that are different

Is Sonisphere a heavy sort of festival then? Could be a test of endurance waiting for Muse to come on if you're not generally into heavy metal :unsure:

I think it's sort of in the middle between Reading and Download in terms of heaviness

Sonisphere might be OK. The heavy metal might be interesting for a change :chuckle:

It'll certainly be very different from Florence and Rihanna :LOL:

I can think of a few people I know that would fit that stereotype. They really bug me. Of course there will always be a few that are different

Well those kind of idiots don't deserve to be catered for. But I know the type you mean.

I imagine if they did do Sonisphere though they would try and bring out a slightly rockier set. They said last year for Rock AM Ring that because it was a slightly heavier festival their set was a little heavier. It still had stuff like UD and Resistance etc. but they also included MK Ultra and US among others, at a festival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjkTqPkHZ8

2:50

Edited by Dominic.

I imagine if they did do Sonisphere though they would try and bring out a slightly rockier set. They said last year for Rock AM Ring that because it was a slightly heavier festival their set was a little heavier. It still had stuff like UD and Resistance etc. but they also included MK Ultra and US among others, at a festival

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjkTqPkHZ8

2:50

It would be a good opportunity to bring back Showbiz, I reckon. :happy:

Reading was a good oppurtinity to bring back Showbiz....

Dead Star, Sunburn, Cave, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Butterflies and Hurricanes, MK Ultra, Map of the Problematique, Unnatural Selection....

All perfectly valid songs they could've played at Reading/Leeds.

Yeah, but they were putting themselves out enough playing the rarities from OoS, they weren't gonna do any more than that.

This so much. I don't really get how you can expect a headline band at a festival to just go out and for the most part play a bunch of rarer songs that half the crowd don't really know. I mean there are songs that most people won't know about but will still get the crowd going like Dead Star at V, but they already played all of OoS and the encore wasn't at all bad.

I swear, if they hadn't done this OoS thing then people would be saying "oh they could've chucked in MK Ultra, US and MotP to make it amazing". The only other song other than a 'greatest hit' I could've imagined them doing was Dead Star

Dead Star, Sunburn, Cave, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Butterflies and Hurricanes, MK Ultra, Map of the Problematique, Unnatural Selection....

All perfectly valid songs they could've played at Reading/Leeds.

They were too nervous not to play 'the hits'. Although, I say Darkshines went down loads better than Undisclosed Desires, which is a recent single and you'd think more recognisable to the casual fans. So, they could have afforded to take one or two more risks.

This so much. I don't really get how you can expect a headline band at a festival to just go out and for the most part play a bunch of rarer songs that half the crowd don't really know. I mean there are songs that most people won't know about but will still get the crowd going like Dead Star at V, but they already played all of OoS and the encore wasn't at all bad.

I swear, if they hadn't done this OoS thing then people would be saying "oh they could've chucked in MK Ultra, US and MotP to make it amazing". The only other song other than a 'greatest hit' I could've imagined them doing was Dead Star

I wasn't saying I agreed with what they did, just that it was inevitable that they wouldn't risk playing more rarities as they seem to lack confidence in their earlier stuff, sadly. Just 2 more rarities (Dead Star and Showbiz or Sunburn) would have been pretty amazing, in place of UD/Starlight.

They were too nervous not to play 'the hits'. Although, I say Darkshines went down loads better than Undisclosed Desires, which is a recent single and you'd think more recognisable to the casual fans. So, they could have afforded to take one or two more risks.

I wasn't saying I agreed with what they did, just that it was inevitable that they wouldn't risk playing more rarities as they seem to lack confidence in their earlier stuff, sadly. Just 2 more rarities (Dead Star and Showbiz or Sunburn) would have been pretty amazing, in place of UD/Starlight.

Ah crap, that's put a downer on my whole post :LOL: Oh well, I still stand by it

Well if they do play Sonaphier next year this had better be on the set list;

MK Ultra with School outro is amazing, it really finishes the song off perfectly, just what it needed :).

P.S. I don't have a YouTube account so can't embed the video :(.

Edited by ExogenesisP1

MK Ultra with School outro is amazing, it really finishes the song off perfectly, just what it needed :).

I don't think you need a YouTube account to do it :erm:

Sonaphier has to be the best spelling of Sonisphere that I've seen :LOL:

And also, to embed, you just use (yt)link(/yt)

replace () with []

I can't decide which I like more for the visuals; the one big screen at the back like Leeds/Reading or the "Ministry" style with the numerous screens on top of the stage.

Big screens definitely. Allows more room for the band and the visuals are clearer without being broken up.

Muse were great at those festivals. Love the scream in this :happy: And the performance of Bliss is ace

And Unnatural Selection...why did they drop it? :'( This is the best performance I've seen of it, simply immense. I loved Newborn when I saw it but I can now see Dee's point that it would be a much better live song.

Edited by Riveon