Then why keep playing songs like UD, GL and Resistance that barely gets any reactions at all?

Well maybe they just like them. I think they do get a reaction, they're just not rocking out songs and of course they're new songs, so Muse are more likely to play them this tour.

I laughed the first time he asked, thinking he was joking. I forget some people don't know that muse have forgotten that showbiz was actually their album and not radioheads.

Hell, Muse have forgotten that they made 3 albums before BHaR.

Songs like TIRO, Hysteria and PiB were just random songs that appeared out of nowhere.

Well maybe they just like them. I think they do get a reaction, they're just not rocking out songs and of course they're new songs, so Muse are more likely to play them this tour.

You keep changing you arguments/defending statements all the time.

So they DON'T just go after crowd reactions? Well, Matt has said several times that he really likes Bliss. And also that Space Dementia is his favorite from OoS.

Hell, Muse have forgotten that they made 3 albums before BHaR.

Songs like TIRO, Hysteria and PiB were just random songs that appeared out of nowhere.

Nah, Hysteria, TIRO, SS, RBS, Interlude and B&H. That's okay for a 7 year old album.

Though, it's a bit sad when you think of these songs that has been dropped. They are a LOT. Really, even you Carrie. Just think about all those songs that they don't play anymore, and then say it doesn't make you a bit sad. :(

Nah, Hysteria, TIRO, SS, RBS, Interlude and B&H. That's okay for a 7 year old album.

Though, it's a bit sad when you think of these songs that has been dropped. They are a LOT. Really, even you Carrie. Just think about all those songs that they don't play anymore, and then say it doesn't make you a bit sad. :(

Just watch her! :rolleyes:

Personally I feel as though Matt is probably in a position where he feels as though he has gained a lot of new fans for his for recent work. He most likely thinks that the majority of the people attending their gigs are new fans that are content on hearing the cheese song that got them there. As a result, he doesn't want to leave out the songs the new fans want to hear (considering most of the new fans do not know muse's rarer songs). I think this is the wrong approach. If your going to a Muse concert you should know all of their songs already. And if he is so worried about connecting with the crowd throw em a bone and give them a rare song that'll get everyone into it. Granted I attended my first Muse concert six months or so ago, I am quite happy they played all of their normal songs so I could hear them live once, but now that Ive heard them, I know longer need to hear them live. It's all a matter of what kind of fan you are. Newer fans what to hear the regulars, and longer time fans like myself are bored of the same songs. I'm sure Matt just wants to please everyone. However, I think its safe for them to go back to older songs. Reasons being, they would no longer have to cater to the new fans anymore considering everyone who likes Muse because of twilight already knows about them.

Personally I feel as though Matt is probably in a position where he feels as though he has gained a lot of new fans for his for recent work. He most likely thinks that the majority of the people attending their gigs are new fans that are content on hearing the cheese song that got them there. As a result, he doesn't want to leave out the songs the new fans want to hear (considering most of the new fans do not know muse's rarer songs). I think this is the wrong approach. If your going to a Muse concert you should know all of their songs already. And if he is so worried about connecting with the crowd throw em a bone and give them a rare song that'll get everyone into it. Granted I attended my first Muse concert six months or so ago, I am quite happy they played all of their normal songs so I could hear them live once, but now that Ive heard them, I know longer need to hear them live. It's all a matter of what kind of fan you are. Newer fans what to hear the regulars, and longer time fans like myself are bored of the same songs. I'm sure Matt just wants to please everyone. However, I think its safe for them to go back to older songs. Reasons being, they would no longer have to cater to the new fans anymore considering everyone who likes Muse because of twilight already knows about them.

1. No, just because you go to a gig you shouldn't know all the songs. BUT, you shouldn't expect the band to only play the songs you know.

2. The thing is that people say that old songs doesn't get the crowd going if they don't know them, so throwing in a rare and old song to get the crowd going doesn't really work :p

3. "Newer fans what to hear the regulars", not true.

1. No, just because you go to a gig you shouldn't know all the songs. BUT, you shouldn't expect the band to only play the songs you know.

2. The thing is that people say that old songs doesn't get the crowd going if they don't know them, so throwing in a rare and old song to get the crowd going doesn't really work :p

3. "Newer fans what to hear the regulars", not true.

True. So pretty much the problem is people not knowing the rare songs because a lot of fans are/were new this tour. And personally, having been a Muse fan for a while now, I would have been extremely mad if I missed Hysteria, TIRO and other common songs for my first concert.

True. So pretty much the problem is people not knowing the rare songs because a lot of fans are/were new this tour.

No, the problem is that people THINK that new fans doesn't know the old songs. Something that I find to be completely bullshit until it's proven.

Occasionally someone comes in here at says "oh now that muse have done this tour and played all the hits they wont need to next tour now that they have new proper fans", this it not true as there will ALWAYS be new fans, and depending on what type of new album they make there could be even more.

Occasionally someone comes in here at says "oh now that muse have done this tour and played all the hits they wont need to next tour now that they have new proper fans", this it not true as there will ALWAYS be new fans, and depending on what type of new album they make there could be even more.

Though, they may have lost more fans during this tour than any of the earlier ones :p

But probably gained more than they lost, so I doubt they care.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. Who says you can't enjoy a song just because you haven't heard it before? If it's a rock song, just jump the fuck around, it's not that hard. You don't need to know the lyrics to rock out.

Its kind of a double edged sword. I want more people to know about Muse, but then again I want to hear rarer songs and to me it seems like they dont work well together.

Though, they may have lost more fans during this tour than any of the earlier ones :p

But probably gained more than they lost, so I doubt they care.

EDIT: Oh and another thing. Who says you can't enjoy a song just because you haven't heard it before? If it's a rock song, just jump the fuck around, it's not that hard. You don't need to know the lyrics to rock out.

Fair enough. As impossible as this idea is I say Muse have normal set list venues and then have predesignated "oldies" concerts for all the older Muse fans. (or for anyone who just wants to hear other songs.)

I mean really for me, my idea of what a good tour would be is if they cut down all the riffs(that arent even theirs) and used that extra time to play more songs. Obviously adding a bit of extra time wouldnt go amiss, so if they really wanted to know they could be playing all their current staples and then have a couple of slots open to rotate songs in.

So, I post about what I think about the setlists, and I get attacked with a "This thread is meant to be about what we can expect from future gigs, please keep on topic."

Um, guys, I read this whole thread, and it's now basically just moaning about the setlists during the Resistance tour. Please keep on topic.

I wouldn't say I lose too much sleep over it. I have too many more important things in my life to think about, and I can always listen to the songs on CDs. It doesn't make any difference to my enjoyment of Muse which songs they play at gigs.

Nor am I changing my argument. Things aren't black and white, just one thing or another, it's a mixture of considerations. Who knows Muse's reasons for what they do, I only go by what they say and attempt to be logical about the rest, but I seriously doubt whether endless moaning is going to get anyone anywhere.

So, I post about what I think about the setlists, and I get attacked with a "This thread is meant to be about what we can expect from future gigs, please keep on topic."

Um, guys, I read this whole thread, and it's now basically just moaning about the setlists during the Resistance tour. Please keep on topic.

Actually, I think it has gone like this.

1. People rant about setlists

2. Mod tells them to keep on topic

3. People keep on topic

4. A new person enters, disagreeing with rants

5. Rants starts again.

Evil circle :noey:

I wouldn't say I lose too much sleep over it. I have too many more important things in my life to think about, and I can always listen to the songs on CDs. It doesn't make any difference to my enjoyment of Muse which songs they play at gigs.

Nor am I changing my argument. Things aren't black and white, just one thing or another, it's a mixture of considerations. Who knows Muse's reasons for what they do, I only go by what they say and attempt to be logical about the rest, but I seriously doubt whether endless moaning is going to get anyone anywhere.

Endless defending won't get anywhere either.

Called it!

And tbh Carrie, when someone comes with a reasonable argument against Muse/Matt, you just respond with "I'm sure they have their reasons."

It's not so much about being logical, it's more about finding reasons to defend them.

(And before you say it, YES, I find reasons to complain, because I like to discuss what can get better, rather than being stuck at "this is what we got, let's settle". That's just how I am)

C'mon, I've barely been on this board last couple of weeks. But I come back to same old so I thought I'd add an opinion if that's okay! :)

Well, your opinion is that we should stop expression our opinions, because it won't give results anyway :p

And exactly, you haven't been on the board, and when you get back you instantly start again, JUST like the "complainers". I don't see how you are any different :p