Well, your opinion is that we should stop expression our opinions, because it won't give results anyway :p

And exactly, you haven't been on the board, and when you get back you instantly start again, JUST like the "complainers". I don't see how you are any different :p

The difference is, I come on here to enjoy Muse, likely many other people on here who don't dare comment. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

And btw, I did see the thread before, just didn't have time to comment, just felt like it tonight, and my comment is just as valid as anyone's. Why should a thread be full of people having a go, and then when someone more positive comes on, they are shot down?

The difference is, I come on here to enjoy Muse, likely many other people on here who don't dare comment. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

And btw, I did see the thread before, just didn't have time to comment, just felt like it tonight, and my comment is just as valid as anyone's. Why should a thread be full of people having a go, and then when someone more positive comes on, they are shot down?

Because the more positive ones rarely have a better argument than "stop complaining, this is how it is and it won't change because opinions are overrated anyway".

EDIT: There is also a difference between being positive and accepting everything Muse do no matter how stupid/illogical/unfair.

I wouldn't say I lose too much sleep over it. I have too many more important things in my life to think about, and I can always listen to the songs on CDs. It doesn't make any difference to my enjoyment of Muse which songs they play at gigs.

It does to others and makes going to more than one gig pointless and it is pointless, which is a shame.

I love how Citizen Erased is seen as a "rarity" these days, I've only been to one Muse gig where it hasn't been played. :LOL:

You aren't shot down. Stop looking at yourself as a victim. This is a discussion. We can't help if there's more people on "our side". I have never said you can't say your opinion. But I just feel that it's a bit hypocritical of you to say that we should stop complaining. We are telling our opinion, and I don't care if I'm being negative about a band on their own forum, a forum isn't just for 100% love and positivity.

But yes, I can definitely see that it's getting a bit much for the people who don't see a problem, since every thread ends up in complains about todays Muse. But it's not like (most of us) are doing this on purpose. I guess there's just a lot of people who are having negative comments at the moment.

Just because we complain doesn't mean we aren't Muse fans.

EDIT: And btw, if you enter a discussion with better arguments than basically "stop complaining, I'm sure they have their reasons" sometime, maybe you shouldn't get so much counter-arguments.

You aren't shot down. Stop looking at yourself as a victim. This is a discussion. We can't help if there's more people on "our side". I have never said you can't say your opinion. But I just feel that it's a bit hypocritical of you to say that we should stop complaining. We are telling our opinion, and I don't care if I'm being negative about a band on their own forum, a forum isn't just for 100% love and positivity.

She always comes out with that nonsense to look like a victim. :)

Just because we complain doesn't mean we aren't Muse fans.

As has been pointed out in this thread. Go to a football/rugby stadium in the UK on the weekend and you'll hear more complaining by the die hard fans than positivity.

Because the more positive ones rarely have a better argument than "stop complaining, this is how it is and it won't change because opinions are overrated anyway".

I'm going to defend Carrie here on the basis that since this is the fan forum for the band you would assume the default state for a person would be that they enjoyed what Muse do. These don't have anything to say on the matter because they don't have any points to be argued, they're happy and don't really feel the need to justify it. This is why these threads get filled with negative people, because they have a lot more to say on the matter.

That wasn't my argument. My argument was there's no point starting to moan about the next tour that will have new songs which we haven't even heard yet. Surely that is something to look forward to, rather than just take it as an opportunity to once again moan about the fact that the past is no longer here.

Future Setlist

1. Popular single- new album

2. Soon to be single-new album

3. Resistance Song + time consuming riff

4. "rock" song- new album + cover riff

5. Resistance Song

6. Absolution song

7. Slow song- new album

8. Resistance song

9. Poppy song- new album

10. Time consuming instrumental

11. New song no one likes

12. Absolution song (interchangeable with decent song from new album) + cover

13. Love song- new album (interchangeable with two other songs)

14. Plug in Baby

Encore:

15. Stockholm/ Symphony song

16. Random song+ riff

17. KoC or similar replacement

Edit: Not a complaint, just prediction.

Edited by xXabombXx

I'm going to defend Carrie here on the basis that since this is the fan forum for the band you would assume the default state for a person would be that they enjoyed what Muse do. These don't have anything to say on the matter because they don't have any points to be argued, they're happy and don't really feel the need to justify it. This is why these threads get filled with negative people, because they have a lot more to say on the matter.

Yeah, we enjoyed what Muse do. But we don't enjoy it anymore because it's bullshit.

You are basically saying that this is a place for people who like everything that Muse does. Guess what, you CAN be a fan and still dislike something about the band,

And no, a lot of people don't have anything to say, so they don't post. Therefore the threads gets filled with negativity. What is your point?

There's a difference between admiration and love. The people who continue to moan on here truly love the band and if you love something, you don't let it turn into you something you despise.

Yeah, we enjoyed what Muse do. But we don't enjoy it anymore because it's bullshit.

Yeah you don't have to enjoy it, but all I'm saying is there's little point in trying to argue against the people who are happy as they don't have anything to say about it except that they're happy with it. I think some people think that most forum users are unhappy but I think it's just that the people who aren't happy have a lot more to say.

For the record, feel free to express your opinion, but don't expect a a series of of reasoned rebuttals, a lot of people are just happy with it because they don't think some things are as important as others do a lot of the time.

That wasn't my argument. My argument was there's no point starting to moan about the next tour that will have new songs which we haven't even heard yet. Surely that is something to look forward to, rather than just take it as an opportunity to once again moan about the fact that the past is no longer here.

No, but it does seem to be the general message in all your posts. I have never seen anyone ignore so many arguments before in any forum. No matter what the argument is I usually see you post something like

"GTFO if you don't like it" <-- "Should Muse split up?"-thread.

"This is how it is, don't complain."

etc.

I'm sure the next album will have songs that are more pleasing to hardcore fans and that I will like, but I'm also very sure that those songs won't get played during the tour, or just rarely (á lá MK Ultra).

There I agree. This thread is way off topic.

But what if I don't believe that Muse will magically just become a lot better than they are today? Sure you can be positive about the future, but my personal view is that they won't. I believe that they will be just as lazy on the next tour, new songs or not.

Yeah you don't have to enjoy it, but all I'm saying is there's little point in trying to argue against the people who are happy as they don't have anything to say about it except that they're happy with it. I think some people think that most forum users are unhappy but I think it's just that the people who aren't happy have a lot more to say.

Another reason this forum lacks positivity is that lots of people have stopped coming on the boards because they were becoming so negative. I've noticed a lot of musers on tumblr, twitter and livejournal absolutely hate these boards.

For the record, feel free to express your opinion, but don't expect a a series of of reasoned rebuttals, a lot of people are just happy with it because they don't think some things are as important as others do a lot of the time.

We can't start arguments with people who doesn't post, so it's not like we are attacking people. They get in the discussions of their own free will.

There's a difference between admiration and love. The people who continue to moan on here truly love the band and if you love something, you don't let it turn into you something you despise.

I think that what many people in this forum truly love is Muse from 7-10 years ago. That band is no longer around.

Another reason this forum lacks positivity is that lots of people have stopped coming on the boards because they were becoming so negative. I've noticed a lot of musers on tumblr, twitter and livejournal absolutely hate these boards.

I once again want to express that I don't want to stifle peoples feelings if they are unhappy, but I can really understand this. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but I think there are some on here who feel the unhappy people are the 'true fans'.

:LOL:

Scary!

I reckon the majority of people who truly love a band or artist, accept that they need to develop in a way that they want.

I once again want to express that I don't want to stifle peoples feelings if they are unhappy, but I can really understand this. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but I think there are some on here who feel the unhappy people are the 'true fans'.

I don't believe that there are "real" fans and "fake" fans (unless you mean boardies and Twitards), but I firmly believe that it takes more devotion to complain about the band not using their full potential, rather than just blindly following along with everything they do.

I don't believe that there are "real" fans and "fake" fans (unless you mean boardies and Twitards), but I firmly believe that it takes more devotion to complain about the band not using their full potential, rather than just blindly following along with everything they do.

But some people are genuinely happy with everything Muse do so complaining wouldn't make sense. It's not always a case of blindly following the band.

:LOL:

Scary!

I reckon the majority of people who truly love a band or artist, accept that they need to develop in a way that they want.

It is. But I think certain people want people to love Muse for the reasons they love Muse and when Muse don't live up to that, it would be frustrating.

Try being a Llanelli Scarlets fan. Beating Leeds Carnegie today 52-13 was still poor (In all fairness, it was). :LOL:

What to endlessly insult them? It seems weird to me that devoted fans wouldn't at least try to be tactful.