No, they did three Stadium shows. We're talking about a full tour here (more than three shows).

Ah, fair enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, though...

There's also talk of The Killers doing a stadium tour next year... Possibilities of them doing a double headline tour together?

Ah, fair enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens, though...

There's also talk of The Killers doing a stadium tour next year... Possibilities of them doing a double headline tour together?

I think The Killers will do festivals, although I could see them trying a show like MK Bowl or another Hyde Park one.

Muse probably will do 4/5 shows, depending on whether or not Newton Abbot will allow them to play the big show they want. We should find out soon though - Stone Roses have put 2013 dates on sale and other stadium shows are normally announced around this time.

Just did a quick search for UK Stadium tours in 2013 and came up with this Bon Jovi tour:

June 8th - Manchester, Etihad Stadium

June 9th - Birmingham, Villa Park

June 12th - Cardiff, Cardiff City Stadium

June 13th - Sunderland, Stadium Of Light

June 15th - Dublin, Slane Castle

July 3rd - Glasgow, Hampden Park[/Quote]

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Muse's tour wasn't far off this considering the dates are roughly the same which would mean the stadiums are all set up for concerts.

I would be surprised if they didn't play a London show though.

Just did a quick search for UK Stadium tours in 2013 and came up with this Bon Jovi tour:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Muse's tour wasn't far off this considering the dates are roughly the same which would mean the stadiums are all set up for concerts.

I would be surprised if they didn't play a London show though.

Muse won't play Slane. It's the Aviva or Croke Park and they said the Aviva after Saturday night.

They won't play Finsbury Park, just won't happen.

Like I've said several times, if they play London then it'll be Emirates.

I wouldn't be so sure... Green Day are doing that, so Muse might want to do something that nobody else has next year... (Plus, it's Arsenal, and fuck them)

I'm hoping Knebworth. It's so fucking awesome there.

I'm expecting an announcement in the next week or two.

EDIT: Just realised Green Day and Muse both did Wembley in 2010, so i may be wrong... But still, fuck The Emirates.

EDIT 2: Don't see why they would do Emirates over Wembley, unless they did 3 dates, rather than 2... Emirates holds 60K (+12k on the pich), yet Wembley has 90k (+15k on the pitch)

Edited by tomwells94

The tour announcement should arrive next sunday or next monday. Muse's italian promoter posted on facebook that they're playing at the EMAs this sunday and added "put this day on your agenda because incredible news will be announced..."

Interesting... Would be a good move, too, as it's a few days after a lot of people get paid (15th :p)

One of my friends' neighbours is a roadie for Muse this tour, and he's got a list of all the dates, so my friend is trying to get the dates out of him... But the guy is too strong, and won't tell :(

Muse won't play Slane. It's the Aviva or Croke Park and they said the Aviva after Saturday night.

I saw a Tweet from an Irish arts paper saying that they have an interview where he confirms they're not doing Slane. If they said they're playing the Aviva then chances are they probably will - I assumed the only lot willing to try Croke is U2.

Considering Live Nation have confirmed they won't be doing gigs at Hyde Park, I wouldn't be surprised

AEG Live, who currently run the O2 and booked the Bon Jovi tour Frak posted, now do Hyde Park shows, while Live Nation is looking for somewhere else to do Wireless and Hard Rock Calling.

The tour announcement should arrive next sunday or next monday. Muse's italian promoter posted on facebook that they're playing at the EMAs this sunday and added "put this day on your agenda because incredible news will be announced..."

Interesting... worth keeping an eye out for.

Why are people so hung up on capacity?

Bands don't play venues because of the amount of people they're playing to the third go round (for Stadiums). It'll be about playing more (usually different) venues, especially on a full tour.

Do you really think they could sell out Wembley twice AND sell out an entire UK stadium tour?

They couldn't. You're talking about somewhere north of 300,000 people here and there's not a chance of that happening in the UK alone.

Why are people so hung up on capacity?

Bands don't play venues because of the amount of people they're playing to the third go round (for Stadiums). It'll be about playing more (usually different) venues, especially on a full tour.

Do you really think they could sell out Wembley twice AND sell out an entire UK stadium tour?

They couldn't. You're talking about somewhere north of 300,000 people here and there's not a chance of that happening in the UK alone.

I reckon they could do that... Remember there are a hell of a lot of people that go to multiple gigs, and travel from abroad... I'm confident that they could sell out 6 stadiums + 2 nights at Wembley in UK/Ireland.

And I bet fans will still fell hard done by because they couldn't get a ticket, due to it being sold out (Granted, a fair deal of tickets end up in touts' hands.)

They had around 60-70,000 people at each night for Wembley and I reckon about 10,000 of those people went on both nights. That's a maximum of 130,000 people. Factor in that a lot of those people travelled from abroad for the special Wembley show, that probably account for a good 30,000 of those people leaving around 100,000 people from the UK.

If they're doing a full tour, far less people will go to multiple shows and most people will focus on the London shows so they'll definitely sell out. A lot of people who went to any of the first four Wembley shows won't get tickets so won't go to any show at all.

Some people will go to other shows but they will not sell out the full tour unless they play less than 6 shows.

If they're doing a full tour, far less people will go to multiple shows and most people will focus on the London shows so they'll definitely sell out. A lot of people who went to any of the first four Wembley shows won't get tickets so won't go to any show at all.

Why?

Because the London shows are the 'big shows'. It was why everyone wanted to go the O2 shows and people who actually live in London (like myself) had a hard time getting tickets of any kind.

Yeah but I don't know if Manchester people will go to the Emirates if they're playing at the Old Trafford too (two random stadiums)