>2012

Are people still being naive enough to actually go to the first nights?

Are you perhaps forgetting that the second night often goes on sale some time after the first? One could take a chance and wait for the second night to be added but what if it doesn't happen?

Has there ever been an occasion where the first night's been better? Apart from Wembley '07, apparently that one's debatable.

Yeah, Earls Court (ok, I only went to the first night but it was better! :p:LOL: ). Also went to the first Wembley '07 gig.

I never understand why people want big gigs? :erm:.

I'd much rather Muse did some small warm up gigs and fight for tickets. I'd rather try for those and miss out than go and see Muse again at another enormous gig. They're boring.

Festivals, fine, but please no more O2 arena shite - they were awful back in November 2009 compared with say Reading last year.

Brixton Academy would be awesome for some warm ups. 2/3 nights there :awesome:.

This this this so much!

And not just with Muse, but with most bands/artists. Gigs in smaller venues are just better in general.

This this this so much!

And not just with Muse, but with most bands/artists. Gigs in smaller venues are just better in general.

But at the end of the day with smaller gigs don't more people get disappointed that they couldn't go.

I don't disagree that they be better but I'd rather go to a big gig that not go to a smaller one.

But at the end of the day with smaller gigs don't more people get disappointed that they couldn't go.

I don't disagree that they be better but I'd rather go to a big gig that not go to a smaller one.

And? Tough shit for them :phu:.

Sick of bands hawking their latest wares at every big venue under the sun at every conceivable opportunity. How about coming up with a quirky or original idea for a tour? That's why the two Teignmouth gigs were so good - they were unique.

I've seen Muse eight times now in last eight years and the two worst by a country mile were the two bog-standard arena gigs - Manchester MEN 2006 and London O2 Arena 2009. Both dull as dishwater compared with Eden Project 2006, Teignmouth 2009 and Reading 2011. Those gigs stick with me because they were special.

Tbh, I rarely go to gigs these days unless there is a very compelling reason to do so. Otherwise, they just become a mulch in my brain, especially if you see the same band over and over again.

I'd love to see them in smaller venues if they ever played them around here. The one time I got to see the band up close was much more special than a standard arena set.

Prudential Center, Newark, NJ.

They only played there once though :erm:

I hope people like you know how freaking lucky you are. I've been a fan for 3 years and yet to see them live :(

Once a year for the last eight is NOTHING compared with a lot of people here :LOL:. Plus, any more and it would feel like overkill.

It's just worked out quite well in terms of locations/dates and having a student loan to blow.

Location is a big part. I'm pretty lucky that they've been in the area 3 times last tour, but I know if I were in one of the boring states where no bands ever come I'd probably only see them once after begging to travel far.

I think the reason for all that is why there are big venues. Each stop can get more people in that small venues couldn't. I don't think the band, for many reasons, would just want to say "tough shit" to their fans that couldn't get a ticket.

Billie went to a gig where they played CE the first night , and then GL instead on the second, though. Where was that?

She went to Prudential Center instead of the New York gig. Seeing as you only need to cross a bridge to get into New Jersey they're both accessible.

And anyways, they played NY before NJ so even if you count them as one it's still a second night thing

Once a year for the last eight is NOTHING compared with a lot of people here :LOL:. Plus, any more and it would feel like overkill.

It's just worked out quite well in terms of locations/dates and having a student loan to blow.

It's still incredibly lucky compared to me :supersad:

Then again 8 years ago I was 8

Hehe. I was 14 I think when I first saw them, my second ever gig and probably to this day the greatest set I've seen from them. Just wish it was fresher in my mind... eight years ago, jeez :stunned:.

I wish I'd seen them in the Abso tour. I'd never even heard of them back then.

Hehe. I was 14 I think when I first saw them, my second ever gig and probably to this day the greatest set I've seen from them. Just wish it was fresher in my mind... eight years ago, jeez :stunned:.

They were my first gig, needless to say I was amazed. It was a pretty damn good set for TR Tour as well, I doubt I'll forget it. However, I've only seen them (albeit, just twice) in settings with large crowds. I would really like to see them at a more intimate venue, with less of the glitter and sparkles and just the crowd and the band.

It seems very rare that they perform in venues like that other than one-offs in recent years.

I would really like to see them at a more intimate venue, with less of the glitter and sparkles and just the crowd and the band.

Is that really Muse though?

They are known for their stage production and for being OTT. Maybe they did that back in 1999 but I don't think they have consistently done that in a while.

Maybe the college campus tour but even then I'm not sure.

I'd say the Absolution tour was pretty basic. Sure they had lights and effects but it didn't go over the top with the exception of overusing backing tracks at first.

Even the BH&R tour, which is more like today's Muse, was still energetic and did well at balancing performance with having a big stage. 2008 could be considered one of their best tour legs.

I guess what I mean is toning down the theatrics (at least for me) doesn't necessarily mean going back to Showbiz era styles.

Is that really Muse though?

They are known for their stage production and for being OTT. Maybe they did that back in 1999 but I don't think they have consistently done that in a while.

They may be known for it but that doesn't mean that's always their best environment. I'm not saying they should play small gigs too often, just more often than they did on TR Tour. Muse playing theatres would suit them well, I think.