Muse didn't win best live act at the ema's which is good because they don't deserve it... Although it was linkin park that won :/ should of gone to green day

Yeah, well, considering Katy Perry and Justin Bieber also won awards.... :p

Maybe if they don't worry about the elaborate stage for next tour and just did something like their festival stage at every gig. That should decrease ticket prices for a start, and they can be more mobile on the stage so they don't have to worry about not being able to get the piano on or whatever the problem is. Muse are good enough live to not need an elaborate stage.

This.

But y'know, I actually like that they put so much effort into the light show. It's nice when you're way in the back and can't see the band anyway. It's only the fact that the light show seems to have taken priority over the music that I have a beef with. I'd actually love the elaborate stage sets if they bring back variety.

I hope that Matt gets a piano that stands up again, then we can cut this "I can't see the crowd" shit that we've been getting all tour. And I hope they finally play a god damn decent piano song - IBTY and FG are two of Muse's easiest piano songs and Cave, he didn't even play half the time :facepalm:

Plus, Space Dementia is totes an awesome opener/closer. No more of this 'MUST PLAY PIANO SECTION IN MIDDLE SET' shit either. Plus, standing piano means less awkward NB piano to guitar transition :awesome:

Ah, how we all hope, but we know Muse will just scrap the piano altogether next tour and Morgan will play everything.

The future tour will go either one of two ways, depending on whether the next album (if it actually happens, no guarantees it will) is any good or not.

1: If it's brilliant and full of rocking tunes then people will be a lot happier. It doesn't have to be like OoS or Absolution, it just has to be packed with actual rock songs rather than the chart-lite shite of the last two albums. The tour will go well, Muse will reclaim their live band throne and velvet robes will part across the land.

2: If it's another chart-oriented album with not enough rock in it then it will be a disappointing tour and the board will implode with complainants, because the good material will be further diluted by another set of disappointing songs.

Seeing this seems to be the 'tour' thread at the moment...

http://www.musewiki.org/images/thumb/Birmingham_2006-11-15_setlist.jpg/449px-Birmingham_2006-11-15_setlist.jpg

That is possibly the weirdest/worst encore I've ever seen Muse do, but it's the only time I've ever seen Muse close any kind of set/encore/show with a slow song. I'd like to see more of this next tour - closing an encore with a slower song. Problem is, you don't get intimate at a Muse gig these days, they're just too big.

I don't know what Muse themselves feel, but perhaps they prefer to play their new stuff.

I think it's quite possible that Muse do prefer to play their newer stuff, rather than the songs they've written 7-10 years ago. The bands/artists don't necessarily relate to their own material the same way fans do. People may say whatever they want about Black Holes/The Resistance, but that's where the band themselves are, at the moment. Not their past sound.

And the vast majority of the gigs I've been, by any band/artist, usually veers towards the newer material plus a few more popular tracks from the older albums.

I hope that Matt gets a piano that stands up again, then we can cut this "I can't see the crowd" shit that we've been getting all tour. And I hope they finally play a god damn decent piano song - IBTY and FG are two of Muse's easiest piano songs and Cave, he didn't even play half the time :facepalm:

Plus, Space Dementia is totes an awesome opener/closer. No more of this 'MUST PLAY PIANO SECTION IN MIDDLE SET' shit either. Plus, standing piano means less awkward NB piano to guitar transition :awesome:

Ah, how we all hope, but we know Muse will just scrap the piano altogether next tour and Morgan will play everything.

I am actually worried that the piano section might go altogether for the next tour as bellamy doesn't seem to be interested in playing that instrument live anymore... or that they will do what they did during this tour which 1 piano song from the new album + FG. It will be a real shame when you think of all the amazing piano songs they have in their catalogue.

I wish I could be proven wrong but I am not holding out my breath for it.

I am actually worried that the piano section might go altogether for the next tour as bellamy doesn't seem to be interested in playing that instrument live anymore... or that they will do what they did during this tour which 1 piano song from the new album + FG. It will be a real shame when you think of all the amazing piano songs they have in their catalogue.

I wish I could be proven wrong but I am not holding out my breath for it.

It sucks how much Muse change in only 3 years, eh? 90% of the BH&R gigs didn't have more than 2/3 piano songs either, compared to the Abso era where most of the gigs had a minimum of about 3 songs + B&H solo + CE/TaB. Quite sad :(

In their defence, yeah, it's hard to get a crowd going with a piano, but a slow section of Starlight, UD, Resistance, GL, FG etc. ain't exactly mosh material either (despite what Muse seem to think of Starlight). It's much easier to impress people with a piano than a guitar, though.

It sucks how much Muse change in only 3 years, eh? 90% of the BH&R gigs didn't have more than 2/3 piano songs either, compared to the Abso era where most of the gigs had a minimum of about 3 songs + B&H solo + CE/TaB. Quite sad :(

In their defence, yeah, it's hard to get a crowd going with a piano, but a slow section of Starlight, UD, Resistance, GL, FG etc. ain't exactly mosh material either (despite what Muse seem to think of Starlight). It's much easier to impress people with a piano than a guitar, though.

That's the problem with having such short gigs for the amount of materials and back catalogue they have... Short setlist means having to cut stuff out and being the resistance tour songs like GL, UD and Resistance are being choosen for the slower section and the piano songs that could have fitted in a longer setlist where given the axe... So with one more album for the next tour if the setlist doesn't increase dramatically I fear that more will go.

He doesn't play a grand piano, it's a Kawai keyboard built to look like a grand piano.

Then even less reason for him to have it. It's big and unwieldy and just causes a logistical hassle which results in the shortchanging of probably the best "set" of Muse songs you could come up with based on a overarching trait.

Oh I knew that he didn't before, but didn't realise that wasn't a real piano.

As I said, it would partially explain why his playing is so brutal. Never played an electric piano/keyboard which felt right and hence could be played in the same way.