LP9: WOTP Discussion/Speculation Thread

Jobby

On 3/28/2022 at 9:50 AM, That Little Animal said:

Stop whining about people whining or I'll whine about it! 

We need a new single stat. This place is a desert again and the remaining dwellers are getting restless. Our attention spans haven't improved over the years. 

Another forgettable single won't do much to improve attention spans and fan engagement.

any one else still not received their downloads of Compliance and WSD yet?  Also I love this direction they've taken with the artwork.  I loved Sim Theory art and having their faces on the cover was a nice change, I just hope the final version of the album cover comes with logos or text on it cause it looks a bit weird to me without it.  

On 3/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, lurkinglurkerlurksagain said:

It is time for me to get excited about Muse albums again, listen to it five times at once when it drops, then probably not listen to it much again. Let's goooo!

I do like the two songs tho. The sound of Compliance seems to do Simulation Theory type things better than Simulation Theory

I love compliance!!! So catchy!! Cant wait for Muse Album tbh!!! 4 months and some more days… 🥲 to go… 

On 4/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, That Little Animal said:

Looking at the set list of today’s show, I wonder if they ever deliberately try to write a song fit to replace KoC as a set closer, or if they’ve just accepted they’re stuck with it forever. 

I guess will see if We’re fucking fucked qualifies. 

It's definitely one of their best options when choosing a closer. Better than Starlight a la Live At Rome Olympic Stadium.

9 hours ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

It's definitely one of their best options when choosing a closer. Better than Starlight a la Live At Rome Olympic Stadium.

For sure, it's the best they have. But I imagine they might feel stuck after 16 years of closing with it. That's why I wonder if they ever try to write their way out of it by deliberately creating a new closer. 

11 hours ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

Oh wow I’d almost forgotten about when they started closing with Starlight. I think I’d pushed it out of my mind!! I remember the anti-climax at the Emirates Stadium after what had been a great gig *shudders*

As resident unpopular opinion guy, I actually don't mind Starlight as a closer so long as they put some umph into it. I believe I recall them closing with Survival at one of the shows I saw in 2013. Wasn't bad but felt like a transitional track rather than a closer. CE would make a great closer, I will die on this hill!

4 hours ago, Bohemian-Cygnus-Running-Out said:

If you watch the video you can see the crowd is loving the big sing along to end the night with Starlight in Rome

It's a great closer if you want to do some smoochin' with that special someone  👀

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 8:28 AM, Claudia O said:

It feels that Compliance got drowned, maybe released too quickly after Won‘t stand down? But maybe it‘s only ecause there‘s not much talking about it atm, no wonder without interviews, tv appearances, PR in general. 

But, it‘s climbing on the indiecharts in Austria … http://indiecharts.at

We could be like redditors and try to keep the conversation going about absolutely nothing…

ED54181F-3398-4ADB-81E6-6319E8DA3D30.jpeg.d84381166f4459723bb036c6b7e5e75f.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

We could be like redditors and try to keep the conversation going about absolutely nothing…

ED54181F-3398-4ADB-81E6-6319E8DA3D30.jpeg.d84381166f4459723bb036c6b7e5e75f.jpeg

It's honestly kind of adorable how hopelessly desperate r/muse is for content to talk about.