I know this arguement is over but I wanna get this in :p

The chorus starts on a weak beat, therefore it's anacrusis, which means there are enough beats in the line to get "believes" in.

(Caps mean the first beat in the bar)

"it ROckets through the UUUNiverse,

It FUUUEEls the lies and FEEEds the curse

beLIIIves we COUld be GLOOOOOOOOriOOOOOUUUUUS"

I should know, I just finished my Music GCSE :happy:

+1

and according to the muse website it's believes :)

Lyrics: the misheard, misinterpreted and misunderstood.

Yea I know what topic I'm in, but that doesn't mean I can't actually give people the right lyrics.

Oh and: 'Believes we could be glorious' doesn't sound like it really makes sense. I mean; 'Believes'? What/who believes? I don't get what the meaning of it would be. At least 'We too could be glorious.' is a sentence :wtf:

Yea I know what topic I'm in, but that doesn't mean I can't actually give people the right lyrics.

Oh and: 'Believes we could be glorious' doesn't sound like it really makes sense. I mean; 'Believes'? What/who believes? I don't get what the meaning of it would be. At least 'We too could be glorious.' is a sentence :wtf:

+1 "believes" doesn't make any sense.

Oh well, if those are the lyrics. :rolleyes:

I used to think in Cave that it wen, "Call me my cave." That's honestly what I heard, and although 'Come in my' makes a world more of sense, I still sometimes hear call me, especially the first time its sang.

(Yes, I was a bit sick of the Glorious argument. :p)

If you listen to the rest of the song the "what/who" shouldn't be an issue.

Faith, it drives me away

But it turns me on

Like a strangers love

It rockets through the universe

It fuels the lies, it feeds the curse

(It) Believes we could be glorious

If you listen to the rest of the song the "what/who" shouldn't be an issue.

Faith, it drives me away

But it turns me on

Like a strangers love

It rockets through the universe

It fuels the lies, it feeds the curse

(It) Believes we could be glorious

That's what I meant, didn't have all the lyrics stuck in my brain. It just refers back to "Faith". I'm one of the few deluded people who love Matt's lyrics and think they make sense.;)

Ok, so i was posting in the Pictionary thread, and i was searching for ideas...and i thought about Micro Cuts...and i started googling pictures that fitted the lyrics...

finally i ended up with these... :LOL:

Fox_on_a_plane_1.jpg

Fox_on_a_plane_2.jpg

Fox_on_a_plane_3.jpg

Fox_on_a_plane_4.jpg

But i didn't post them, because I wass't sure whether you can do misheard lyrics or not :chuckle:

Sorry, this post is pointless...guess i'm trying to find excuses not to work on my thesis report :(

Ok, this might need some imagination, but I always thought in Dead Star:

You used to be everything to me

And now you're tired of fighting

Tired of fighting

Fighting yourself

was:

You used to be everything to me,

But now you're retarded

So awfully retarded,

I'll fart in your face

Hey! i'm new to this thread, so I was looking back a little to see what was being said...and i have to admit that this is really good stuff....just laughing so much i'm crying

Ok, this might need some imagination, but I always thought in Dead Star:

You used to be everything to me

And now you're tired of fighting

Tired of fighting

Fighting yourself

was:

You used to be everything to me,

But now you're retarded

So awfully retarded,

I'll fart in your face

Hey! i'm new to this thread, so I was looking back a little to see what was being said...and i have to admit that this is really good stuff....just laughing so much i'm crying

Imagination needed indeed, but certainly funny enough!:LOL:

Okay, one comment on this over-blown "Glorious" debate -- I honestly think the lyrics in that song are much easier to understand than lots of their other ones, so I really can't understand all the arguing. I hear "Believes" clear as day.

Oh, and :LOL: at the "Fox on a plane" pictionary. You should have posted it! I would have guessed ;)

haha ok so in Map of the Problematique where he's saying

"Lonliness be over..." I thought he was saying

"And lesbians be over..."

I was seriously thinking that Matt was hating on the gays...I was rather upset until I decided to look at the lyrics finally ;)

In Map of the Problematique, when he says "no one thinks they are to blame." I thought he was saying "...and the world thinks they are to blame." xD

I thought he said "and the world thinks they are to blame" also :chuckle:

WOAH! :eek::eek: it isn't "the world thinks they are to blame"? What?

:facepalm:

I've been thinking it's that ever since i first heard it...

I thought it was that too! What is it? :$:(

If all of you guys think the lyrics in CoD are "And the world thinks they are to blame" then it just HAS to be! I thought the same thing!

And for the record, I always thought it was "believes" in Glorious....

I hear "the world", not "no one" in MotP and I think it makes more sense with the line "why can't we see that when we bleed we bleed the same" as well.

It just refers back to "Faith".

:yesey:

I'm one of the few deluded people who love Matt's lyrics and think they make sense.;)

:yesey:

Are you counting the little "be" apparently before the long notes? Because if not, it's definitely 7. lol.

Yeah, there are 8 syllables, 7 of which are long notes. But I definitely hear 8, so when I try to hear "we too" the closest I can get is "be weeeeeeee tweeeeeee" because I'm hearing that little "be" and a definite "eee", not "ooo".

Archived