Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

I got really mad at my kind-of-sort-of-drifting friend who said Muse sucked. I don't even know what songs she's heard because she's so stubborn and just says "It doesn't matter, they still suck." As far as I know, she's only heard SMBH, which is NOT a good song to judge them by (in my opinion).

I hate it when people don't give good things a chance.

I hate it when people don't give good things a chance.

Pft. There usually comes a time where they're forced to sit down and give a second opinion (usually years later, my experience) and then they realize that whatever they said was shit actually turns out to be awesome.

'Til then, their loss. That's the way I see it.

I've got a friend that's only heard Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole and she "just doesn't like them." Since I actually think the songs are decent, I don't try to fight her to listen to more... one day though. One day. :happy:

A Radiohead fan said to me:

"YOU LIKE MUSE??!! MUSE IS JUST A COVER BAND OF RADIOHEAD!!!!!!"

He got seriously mad.

I was just sitting there, laughing, and wondering if he was going to start crying. He sure looked like he was about to :LOL:

And then he left :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

And this is a 20 year old guy, we're talking 'bout :p

i hate how people say that, Muse does not play Radiohead covers. The only similarity is that they had the same producer for a while John Leckie.

Pft. There usually comes a time where they're forced to sit down and give a second opinion (usually years later, my experience) and then they realize that whatever they said was shit actually turns out to be awesome.

'Til then, their loss. That's the way I see it.

I've got a friend that's only heard Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole and she "just doesn't like them." Since I actually think the songs are decent, I don't try to fight her to listen to more... one day though. One day. :happy:

I would force her...but then I would be being mean, and I'm far too nice for my own good. :D

My friend likes SMBH (it's her favorite song), but she hates Starlight. I'll give her some credit there, but I've been telling her to listen to New Born and stuff like that, and she thinks that's good too. I'm just converting people all over the place.

i hate how people say that, Muse does not play Radiohead covers. The only similarity is that they had the same producer for a while John Leckie.

There's also falsetto and Some of The Bends influence that can be heard on Showbiz, but they're really nothing alike.

• 2 months later...
apparently, matt sounds like he's having some sorta ashthma attack when he sings, due the the gasps. stupid people

I agree. Stupid people. Let's kick them.

My friend said that her Dad looks like Chris, when I tried to make her watch HAARP. An automatic dislike for her, she thinks her parents are uncool:rolleyes:

:LOL:

haha when i first heard muse i didnt want to see what they looked like

i guess i thought that would somehow ruin their pure :awesome:-ness

Same! I'm always wary when I want to research a band, author, etc because I'm afraid it will ruin my awesome first impression of them. Muse is one of the only interests that I've found has gotten a million times better over time:awesome::happy:

i heard a real good one just yesterday.

"because that fucking guy [matthew] is so damn cocky. he acts like he's the shit onstage. like, all rockstar. it's so annoying. THAT'S why i hate muse."

:D

seriously?! but that's why muse is FUCKING AWESOME! no one has live presence like they do...it's pure sex i tell you! :yesey:

Same! I'm always wary when I want to research a band, author, etc because I'm afraid it will ruin my awesome first impression of them. Muse is one of the only interests that I've found has gotten a million times better over time:awesome::happy:

+9823486912834945 :LOL:

haha i totally agree with the post a few pages back.. muse definatly have some of the most creative and intelligent lyrics out there. Of course they're often quite ambiguous so everyone has their own interpretation... but thats part of their amazing-ness;)

:stunned:I dont care if Invincible has cliched lyrics I LOVE THAT SONG!:D ...surely muse are allowed one cliched song? haha they've earned it with all their original, inventive material.

Anyway back on topic, my friend listen to hysteria and claimed the singing was too 'whiny'

PSST! I like a singer who uses their voice as an instrument and is not afraid to sound wierd for the sake of the overall sound and emotion in the song... the voice is part of an ensemble of other instruments that make up the band...this is a reason why I DO love muse:happy:

One of my friends doesn't like them because they have guitars. =\

And apparently Matt's red suit is emo.

:wtf:

One of my "friends" says that he don't like Muse because they're famous and I like them..:stunned:

One of my friends don't like them because...:erm: she have a weird music taste

and one says that NEW BORN was to "heavy" :wtf:

Yeah ive heard a few people say that matt is cocky, i honestly dont see it though, It just feels like he doesnt put on any act and is himself on stage, and it just so happens that 'himself' is a seriously spasticated guy.

If you want to see cocky, just look at ANY american punk rock band.

1/ "Well it sounds like movie soundtrack..." and after seeing my angry face "But cool mental movies such as XXX":mad::eek:

2/ "hugh! But this guy (Matt) is complete junky or what ?" (only when he composes on mush but I don't tell a word about it of course!:D)

3/ I think my mates are bummed because I adore Muse so they feel that I don't love them the same way and that irritates them. :p:p And of course they're right!:LOL::LOL:

Someone once told me on a Muse topic I started on another forum, and I quote,

I find Muse too pop-ish, uncreative, and boring. Flame me all you want, but it's my opinion and Muse just isn't my thing. For one thing, their guitar sucks (in my opinion) cuz not one of their songs that I listened to had a solo. Just gay mumbling and orgasmic sounds coming from the singer and the same riffs repeating over and OVER again from the guitar. Only the drummer is decent.

Of course I argued against him, especially the thing about solos, as the following songs have solos:

Citizen Erased

Dark Shines

Exo-Politics

Dead Star

Hate This and I'll Love You

Hyper Chondriac Music

Hysteria

Invincible

Knights of Cydonia

Micro Cuts

New Born

Recess

Showbiz

Shrinking Universe

Stockholm Syndrome

Sunburn

Supermassive Black Hole

Take a Bow

The Groove

The Small Print

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

So yeah. I had a crazy fan moment there. :LOL:

I find Muse too pop-ish, uncreative, and boring. Flame me all you want, but it's my opinion and Muse just isn't my thing. For one thing, their guitar sucks (in my opinion) cuz not one of their songs that I listened to had a solo. Just gay mumbling and orgasmic sounds coming from the singer and the same riffs repeating over and OVER again from the guitar. Only the drummer is decent.

:wtf:

Someone once said Muse were posers because they complained about all this angst that they don't have.

Well if that's your problem with them, that eliminates about half the industry for you. :rolleyes:

Yeah ive heard a few people say that matt is cocky, i honestly dont see it though, It just feels like he doesnt put on any act and is himself on stage, and it just so happens that 'himself' is a seriously spasticated guy.

If you want to see cocky, just look at ANY american punk rock band.

:LOL: that bit made me laugh

and yeah I agree with you... 'cocky' is not the word to describe Matt onstage... I can't even think of a word to describe him onstage... maybe just... eccentric? :chuckle:

+9823486912834945 :LOL:

Points for me? :awesome:

I once put on Micro-Cuts in the car with my dad, he said, and I quote, "Dear god, what is this, it sounds like a guy on helium getting stabbed"

But other than that, he likes Muse XD

:LOL: I never get tired of people saying what Micro Cuts sounds like to them. When I first got the song I couldn't be arsed to look up the lyrics so I thought he was singing 'sounds like frogs multiplying' rather than 'sounds like forks on a plate.':LOL:

My friend was driving me home a few months ago and I put on KoC and she was like 'Is the actual song going to start soon?:fear: Some people just don't give themselves time to appreciate:noey: so she's not a fan. Her loss though:p

i heard a real good one just yesterday.

"because that fucking guy [matthew] is so damn cocky. he acts like he's the shit onstage. like, all rockstar. it's so annoying. THAT'S why i hate muse."

:D

I know this is a bit late now, but that's just ridiculous!

That's whats good about MUSE, they really feel their concert. Most of the bands just look like they want to be somewhere else, they are the opposite of that and I think that's great...

Archived