Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

I've never met someone who didn't like them sooo...

Really?!? I've hardly met anyone who likes them? At least not in the 'real' world outside us boardies. They're either hated or just totally off most people's radar really.

You don't really go out much, do you? :p

:LOL:

Agnostic has the same meaning as atheistic

Nope, athiests consciously don't believe in anything, agnostics are sitting on the fence and aren't sure about the whole God thing.

Weirdest Reason?

I have quite a few:

1. because you like them :rolleyes:

2. he sounds like a girl

3. They all sound the same

4. Because they are an American Band.. (someone did say that)

5. I already like enough bands, I don't want to like another.

:LOL:

Uh? Now that is weird. Saying that, I knew this girl once who said she 'had to decide' to either like Pulp or Blur. Surely if you like it then you like it, it shouldn't be something you have to make a conscious decision about, right?

- They're BORING! (From my Jamiroquai-loving MUM for christ's sake!)

- Because you're into them and quite frankly, you're a loser.

- Matt's too short/pretentious/whiny/obsessed with conspiracies to be taken seriously (I almost kill people who personally insult Matt)

- Matt has a rat-face (See above)

- They're too stadium rock

- They're so mainstream (In Australia they're only played on alt radio stations, mind you)

- They're really pretentious

- If I want Brit neo prog I'll listen to Radiohead.

- Radiohead are better

- I'm sick of hearing you go on about them all the time

- Matt sounds like a girl

- Matt's voice turns me on

- Matt might turn me gay

- They leave Chris out too much

- They're too heavy

- They're too soft

- They're emo

- Their music makes me want to kill myself

- They've gone too electronic

- I get really paranoid after listening to them

- I'm worried they'll influence you to take drugs/have sex (Thanks, Dad!)

- Dom wears fucking ridiculous pants

- They all wear stupid outfits

- Their video clips suck the big one (Excuse me?!)

- They take themselves far to seriously (See above post)

- The way Matt wears open-necked tops and you can see his ribs/collarbone on his chest freaks me out/gives me nightmares.

I've got some really nice friends, don't I? And I don't see how all these reasons directly impede them from appreciating Muse...

I must say, I do talk about them a lot, so I probably piss people off with random facts about them. I've tried to convert all my friends, only being successful with my boyfriend. I won't give up though.

And by the way, Matt identifies himself as atheist, not agnostic, as has been stated in many interviews. He sings about "God" with a sense of irony.

:LOL: Well, let's see:

- You can't dance to their music! (said my my friend)

- They make terrible music (my friend said who heard just one song...) :stunned:

- They're ugly! (a mate who just saw one pic of them) :stunned:

- The songs titles has no sense, (my friend said: smbh?! what the fuck does it mean?! Well she just doesn't get the lyric :stunned:)

- They're old!! (:rolleyes:)

- They make rock music...

- They're crazy...

- Their concerts are boring (said my friend who's never seen a Muse concert)

- They're not sexy...

- They're disgusing! (said my friend who saw Dom's pic on a toilet)

- US5 are better :stunned: (it's a german gay-boyband, almost all my friends fav band...)

- Their videos has no sense, looks terrible

- Lyrics are the worst in the world, without any message in it (said my friend who doesn't speak English :stunned: + who listens to dance/techno music with one word or sentence of the lyric...)

- You can hardly understand them in interviews! (said the same friend who doesn't speak English)

- They wear weird clothes

- They got ulgy names

- They have no make up, they're ugly! (said a friend - fan of US5 (this band always got make up, once when she saw a guy from that band without a make up she didn't believe that's him :LOL:) after seeing Dom's pics...)

- They don't dance in their videos...(said by my friend)

- They're boring...(by my friend who heard one song...)

I'm sure there's something more but now I can't think of anything more...

"the end of this song sounds like a distorted orgasm" - space dementia

"cardboard is not an instrument" - after hearing fury

but... i like the "distorted orgasm" sound :LOL:

some people say it takes too long to build up

Slow orgasms with a long build up?

And what is wrong with that exactly? Err hello?!

Space Dementia is one of my favourite songs ever!

I got this off wikipedia. From the BH&R page

Frankly, this is a little insulting.

Well, it's hardly insulting. It's the guy's opinion and if he genuinely feels so, he can say it. Then again, everyone knows that Pitchfork is made of shit.

the only one i heard was:

"they are way overrated"...

i think that one is a weird one...b/c they really aren't that overrated...at least in the US they aren't...

and after i saw them at the April gig he asked me if i thought they sucked :rolleyes: ...

and that was said by a guy that loves taking back sunday...

Me: "Heard of Muse?"

Friend:"Yep, don't like them, they sound emo"

Me::eek:"Have you even listen to their music before?!?!?!?!?!?"

Friend: "Nope, but the fact that they called Muse makes them sound emo"

Well I showed her, I gave her a sample of SMBH and then she's like yeah they're not bad

Few weeks later, this is actually quite recent, and the aftermath of the concert, because I can't stop raving on about them atm, same friend her reason this time:

"Because they're too mainstream, and by the time they release the next album they'll be like Green Day":stunned:

Me: "Heard of Muse?"

Friend:"Yep, don't like them, they sound emo"

Me::eek:"Have you even listen to their music before?"

Friend: "Nope, but the fact that they called Muse makes them sound emo"

Well I showed her, I gave her a sample of SMBH and then she's like yeah they not bad

Few weeks later, this is actually quite recent, and the aftermath of the concert, because I can't stop raving on about them atm, same friend her reason this time:

"Because they're too mainstream, and by the time they release the next album they'll be like Green Day":stunned:

:eek:noooooooooo and they aren't mainstream..i don't see people wearing muse t-shirt anywhere and i don't hear their music anywhere...except rarely i'll hear starlight but that song doesn't really count...lol...and if i say muse...people would look at me funny. and if i wear a muse t-shirt they'll think i am referring to myself as being a muse and not think that it could stand for the name of a band...lol...maybe one or two would know but that is not much..now mention green day or nsync everyone knows who they are...maybe in Australia or parts of Europe, they may be "mainstream" ...but eh.. [/end rant]

:eek:noooooooooo and they aren't mainstream..i don't see people wearing muse t-shirt anywhere and i don't hear their music anywhere...except rarely i'll hear starlight but that song doesn't really count...lol...and if i say muse...people would look at me funny. and if i wear a muse t-shirt they'll think i am referring to myself as being a muse and not think that it could stand for the name of a band...lol...maybe one or two would know but that is not much..now mention green day or nsync everyone knows who they are...maybe in Australia or parts of Europe, they may be "mainstream" ...but eh.. [/end rant]

They're still not mainstream in Australia. The headlined the Big Day Out this year (Massive music festival) which really raised their profile, but people also went for the Killers and Tool who were also playing there. They only get real airtime on Triple J (Our more alternative music station). Nothing like what they are in Europe. Here people have heard of them, but don't know who they are, let alone heard their music.

But stopping listening to bands or not listening to them in the first place because they are "mainstream" is stupid and pointless. If they're good they deserve the recognition. Look at how big they are in the UK and other regions in Europe. As well as being hailed as "Britain's Biggest Band" in various media they are just as often called "Britain's Best Band" and rightly so.

• 2 weeks later...

guy: What band is that on your shirt?

me: Muse.

guy: What? No, what band is that?

me: I just told you, Muse.

guy: Oh. Who are they.

me: A really amazing rock band.

guy: (scowling as if I'm hiding something from him) I don't know them.

me: I could tell. They're British.

guy: Oh. Ewww. :LOL:

me: Fine. What bands do you like.

guy: Plain White T's and Fall Out Boy.:rolleyes:

me: Oh. I'm sorry.

later that day a girl sees my shirt and says "Muse? Wow, I didn't know you were so emo. They make me want to slit my wrists." I asked her what songs she had heard and she said "Umm, star bright or something?" Yes, emos love the soft singing and sweet lyrics of starlight. Something about it makes you want to dye your pants and hair black.

later that day a girl sees my shirt and says "Muse? Wow, I didn't know you were so emo. They make me want to slit my wrists." I asked her what songs she had heard and she said "Umm, star bright or something?" Yes, emos love the soft singing and sweet lyrics of starlight. Something about it makes you want to dye your pants and hair black.

That bit made me crack up.

At my school one day I was wearing a muse shirt and this girl in my 5th period class that sits next to me tells me and I quote. "I hate that band I meet the singer once Julian and he was such a ahole". And I ask if she meant Matt and so was like no his name is Julian. :confused:

Then I said matt is the singer and their is no one named Julian in the band.

And the next 2minutes after that she was trying to convince me his name was Julian.

This is my photography class so I google muse showed her the main page all she said was ohh. And she said that she has never meet matt so it was probably someone else.

But she still said she hated muse. She's one odd person, :LOL:

A Radiohead fan said to me:

"YOU LIKE MUSE??!! MUSE IS JUST A COVER BAND OF RADIOHEAD!!!!!!"

He got seriously mad.

I was just sitting there, laughing, and wondering if he was going to start crying. He sure looked like he was about to :LOL:

And then he left :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

And this is a 20 year old guy, we're talking 'bout :p

Archived