Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

my hubby hates MUSE or 'THE Muse' as he likes to call them... I swear it takes all my time and patience NOT to bop him one when he does...

I think he hates them simply because I love them... he's a bit weird like that, still it does keep things interesting!!

my brothers keep offending Muse just because I love them (but they like their music)!!!

and some days ago I made my father listen to Knights of Cydonia telling him it was a wonderful song, and after he listened to it he said:" It's not so bad, but it is a little too much ROCOCO' "

"what?" I said, laughing

"it has too much doodles"

I thought this is really weird!!

ROCOCO is a branch of the ancient baroque style,I know it 'cos my art teacher tormented us with italian churches,italian monuments etc etc...your Dad used this word in the metaphorical sense.:)

A friend of mine said they're too "whiny",but however he admitted they're good artists.

Ah...he's a lover of USA too,he hates England.

Asked my dad what he thought of Muse and he said "they are too waaahhh for me"! He now likes to start wailing and waaahhhing everytime I mention them! He did once say their songs sound the same and their music has no beat you can dance to! But he does admit that he likes "some of their stuff" and was actually singing and whistling along to Starlight the other day!

ROCOCO is a branch of the ancient baroque style,I know it 'cos my art teacher tormented us with italian churches,italian monuments etc etc...your Dad used this word in the metaphorical sense.:)]

...I know...In fact my father's an architect and uses a lot of words from art and architecture to mean something else :) and makes me visit a lot of churches, monuments, galleries and so on...but after all I think that Muse songs are a little rococo...just think about Megalomania. In a certain way this term fits them :LOL:

'The singer sounds like whale giving birth'

'There songs are all the same, too whiny'

I can't stand it when people say they like the odd Muse song but couldn't listen to a whole album. You need to listen to a Muse album 4 or 5 times before you start to appreciate the genius.

Someone I know didn't go to a gig for an odd reason.

Me and my friends were going and the emo/death metal guy didn't go to Muse as he said we were all NEDs (that's chavs in case some don't know). He literally refused to go as we were all NEDs apparently.

The only reason he said we were NEDs was because we don't like "real" music like Cradle of Filth, etc.

Hmm, yes we like Jimi Hendrix, The Strokes, The Beatles, Cribs, Muse, Editors and Cream to name but a few.....they're all shit though:rolleyes:

'The singer sounds like whale giving birth'

'There songs are all the same, too whiny'

I can't stand it when people say they like the odd Muse song but couldn't listen to a whole album. You need to listen to a Muse album 4 or 5 times before you start to appreciate the genius.

Try 'The singer sounds like a ghost. I estimate that Matthew Bellamy died around...umm, lets see, the 13th century?'

This was my mate after hearing a live version of KOC. He loves it now, though, so it's ok. :happy:

And I totally agree about the need for a re-listen of Muse albums to appreciate them. With every one (apart from the first one I heard, which was BHAR) I was like meehhh. Then I listened again and again and it got more and more awesome!! :D

Not necessarily true. I got hooked on many songs on each album at first hear. The others did have to grow on me, though.

I though I was met with a miracle when I heard Bliss.

• 11 months later...

"matts voice is too whiny and his lyrics dont make sense."

weird, how thats exactly what i was thinking before i got into rock music..

i hated rock music for so long but then one day i heard my sister listening to TIRO and i was like hmmmm thats cool.... and then before i knew it my whole room was covered with muses posters.... :stunned:

"it's wierd"

:eek: OF COURSE IT IS.

/sarcasm

anyway the other day my friend who loves radiohead (and muse:happy:) was talking about radiohead and i told him to stop talking because i dont like radiohead he said "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE RADIOHEAD AND LIKE MUSE?!? THEY SOUND SO MUCH ALIKE. YOU DO LIKE RADIOHEAD YOU JUST DONT KNOW IT."

:stunned:

dfrjfrdjnkrfd

btw... sorry the word 'like' came up so much in that post.

i live in socal, ITS NOT MY FAULT.

I played Micro Cuts to a girl and she said it made her want to kill herself, and this was only a couple of weeks after a friend of hers had killed himself.

Another friend of mine seems to think Matt just repeats the words "Bury it" over and over again, and that everything sounds the same...

Ah someone who listened to TIRO a tad much?

Supermassive black hole comes on in the car.

All of my friends react with outbursts of laughter and one in particular said

"this guy sounds so gay, he sounds like a screaming girl"

:facepalm:

just because not many people have the balls or talent to sing falsetto nowadays doesn't make them gay or a screaming girl. :phu:

Because they're not as good as Dragonforce.

... and then the guy goes ahead and says that Dragonforce are shit live.

He doesn't really appreciate live music for what it's worth.

Dragonforce are shit live and in the studio.

Archived