Weirdest reasons for not liking Muse..

Liron

God yeah! Akon brings me out in a rash. Ugh..

Did you see him at Live Earth? He thinks he's god. Wrong! Bellamy is god, and Madonna is satan. But I still like Satan.

It is actually really stupid, if you think about all this big 'buff' rapper dudes with their bling that is so heavy just carrying around is a talent, all on it's own. They're all so mean and macho, but they're all scared of Madonna. Not sure why. She's a little 1.64m Italian/American lady that's nearing 50. But when she walks down the red-carpet, they all flee, and run away like little pittiful dogs with their tales between their legs. Shame. :LOL:

This thread is absolutely hilarious! I literally "LOL'ed" many times! It's interesting to hear dissent from "the other side", those who don't care for Muse, though on the whole, imho, most have given rather weak reasons ---sort of random, out of left field, grabbing at straws, jive-talkin' types of reasons. Very entertaining, especially some of the stuff published by actual music critics, though it seemed like some of them were writing just to get a rise out of people. :rolleyes::LOL:

In the end, though, everyone is entitled to their own tastes and opinions.

I have turned a lot of different types of people, of varying age groups as well, on to Muse and have never had anyone say they dislike them. In fact, it's been the total opposite. My Muse-evangelizing has worked!!! :D Maybe people are more open-minded in California? Who knows?

I think there's a lot of warmth in their music, a lot of heart and soul, even the really hard-driving stuff, and I think that separates Muse, in a good way, from a lot of other stuff out there. They really give it their all in their live shows, too, the real-ness and raw-ness of which I find very exhilarating. I don't see how people can find their music depressing. Again, though, it either resonates with you, or it doesn't.

:) :) :)

So far, I haven't had any real negative responses to them. This could be due to the fact that lots of my friends already liked them. My boyfriend isn't as into them as I am, but he went to the concert with me and respects Matt for his mad guitar skills. My friend Jen now loves them because her boyfriend is way into them (of course lol). My brother doesn't love them, but he finally admitted he likes them. He had only liked one song before, Micro Cuts, because he'd seen it in a skate video (he's SUCH a skater kid). Anyways, just recently I was OH so proud and excited to hear him say, "Ok, Muse is pretty good," or something along those lines. (He's still a teenager, so he's in that "I'm too cool to like anything different" stage...or something)

Either way, he finally came to his senses and admitted he likes them. Hazaa!

"You not a fan of Muse then?"

"I've never heard any of there songs actually, but I reckon they're shit"

THERE'S NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW MUSE BUT JUST DECIDE NOT TO LIKE THEM EITHER TO PISS YOU OFF, TO SHOW THEIR IGNORANCE, OR BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HEARD THEM!

"Muse are too quiet and boring. Not like MCR."

-_-

MCR is just a less intelligent, noisier, bruter, more death-obsessed Muse, anyway.

So far, I haven't had any real negative responses to them. This could be due to the fact that lots of my friends already liked them. My boyfriend isn't as into them as I am, but he went to the concert with me and respects Matt for his mad guitar skills. My friend Jen now loves them because her boyfriend is way into them (of course lol). My brother doesn't love them, but he finally admitted he likes them. He had only liked one song before, Micro Cuts, because he'd seen it in a skate video (he's SUCH a skater kid). Anyways, just recently I was OH so proud and excited to hear him say, "Ok, Muse is pretty good," or something along those lines. (He's still a teenager, so he's in that "I'm too cool to like anything different" stage...or something)

Either way, he finally came to his senses and admitted he likes them. Hazaa!

I haven't had negative responses to Muse either. What usually happens to me is I say to someone: "I love/like Muse."

They're like: "I hate them, they're shit!"

"Have you ever heard them?"

"No, but they're still shit!"

Then I start my Muse playlist for them with the more commercial stuff, TIRO, SMBH, etc. They say that they've heard that on the radio, then I play the less common stuff, and they're like: "Oh my god! They're excellent!"

And that's how I convert ignorant people into Musers.But obviously I'm very careful in picking who I convert, I don't want to convert any old chav. But if someone has a cool taste in music, but hasn't heard Muse, I prey on them.

Has anyone noticed it's mainly idiots and people with shit music taste who don't like Muse? :LOL:

Yes. It's amazing. It just shows Muse's superiority.

This girl was like i dont like muse cause they dress like dorks. idiot since when has fashion got to do with music anyway muse dress good, well in my eyes.

Muse re-invents themselves all the time, so one can't actually say that. When they started hinting into the BHAR era, they started dress more apropriately. My sister calls them: "The Rocking Office Dudes" Coz they are often in suits and stuff, lately anyway. But I played TOADA from the Abso Tour DVD, when Matt still wore those terrible zip-up, tight shirt things, with all the grafiti on the front that just showed how thin he is she was like: "What the fuck?" You should've seen her face. :LOL:

THERE'S NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW MUSE BUT JUST DECIDE NOT TO LIKE THEM EITHER TO PISS YOU OFF, TO SHOW THEIR IGNORANCE, OR BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HEARD THEM!

Are you BOD hacking into another account? :stunned:

I cant remember the whole convo too well.... But heres somebody who dislikes Muse

a SMBH Commercial or something for BH&R or something was on TV

"Muse are rubbish. they just say ooooaaaaah ooooo" Or something just Mocking Matt I guess lol

o.O

~Ran

Omgosh this dude doesnt like muse, because he says that thom yorke hate them cause. And says that their just copying radiohead. thats so not true

{Albin} The thrills- [Teenager] says:

thom yorke hates muse

{Albin} The thrills- [Teenager] says:

he thinks they copy radiohead

does thom yorke hate muse and think that? i seriously dont know sorry i dont know much. but does he hate muse?

And muse do not sound like radiohead

My friend hates Muse because Matt sings in falscetto. However, whenever my friend sings along with a song he likes...he also sings in falscetto. I just think that he doesn't like Muse for the fact that Matt can, uh,...sing?

My friend said during a conversation the other day

Regarding Muse, I've heard a few songs by them (as in real life, Marissa really likes them as well), and I just find them...unremarkable? I dunno, they just don't click with me. A bit too melodramatic, perhaps. But yet I sort of feel compelled to defend them since you like them, and you have great taste, yet weirdly, all these nu-metal kids like them.

:stunned:

Archived