CoS and others.... Guardian.co.uk Blog: "No women like Muse"

Natalia

Consequence of Sound were rather nice in their description of 'Where The Streets Have No Name':

"Many words can be used to describe what follows — if you’re looking for a U2 related pun, try “Magnificent”? Matt Bellamy’s vocal performance is only exceeded by The Edge’s top notch guitar playing and the result is something you’ll likely be watching on DVDs 20 years from now."

The Link

But CoS is not what got me reading and thinking tonight... look at this here:

"Oh bloody hell Muse. Muse and their limitless array of eight-minute-long 'Hey man lose yourself in the spacerock' noodlethons. I can't comprehend how there are so many women there. No women like Muse. None. If your girlfriend says she's going to a Muse concert without you, she is beyond doubt having sex with her tennis coach. I can only imagine all these women watching Muse are the same women who bought first-night cinema tickets for Sex and the City 2, and they actually misheard Muse as 'Shoes'. Yes, that's it. 'Shoes'."

That gem of wisdom was from HERE

As a woman in my 30's who hasn't seen 'Sex in the City', should I feel slightly insulted for having the brain-capacity to appreciate many different styles of rock? I just thought that the above was a tad narrow-minded...

As a woman in my 30's who hasn't seen 'Sex in the City', should I feel slightly insulted for having the brain-capacity to appreciate many different styles of rock? I just thought that the above was a tad narrow-minded...

Don't you just love it when the self-appointed spokeswomen of the gender tell you no women ever think/do/like "______" while all women think/do/like "________"

:facepalm:

I've seen a couple of episodes of Sex and the City but it doesn't really interest me... I'd much rather watch action movies and crappy horror flicks :$

But I guess we're just weird ;)

:p As a young woman that only owns 5 pairs of shoes, 4 of them chucks and one pair of sandals for when it's too hot out... I'm insulted too. :LOL:

But the guy didn't really seem to have anything positive to say either. I'll just leave him be.

edit: I just noticed that that person is a woman. :LOL::facepalm:

I already told you what I think of that quote, Nat! Utter bollocks! :wtf: I'm not sure what planet that woman is living on.

Edit: I like shoes AND Muse. Like, that rhymes.

I have so many pairs of shoes it isn't right :$ I have pairs of shoes I've never worn :facepalm:

Just for fun, I have a thing by my front door that I use for shoe storage, I just counted them and this doesn't count all the shoes that are in my closet.... there's 20pairs there :$ Now, granted, they're mostly random flops in assorted colors, but.... :$

Don't you just love it when the self-appointed spokeswomen of the gender tell you no women ever think/do/like "______" while all women think/do/like "________"

:facepalm:

I've seen a couple of episodes of Sex and the City but it doesn't really interest me... I'd much rather watch action movies and crappy horror flicks :$

But I guess we're just weird ;)

Weird or not, we like our rock proper! ;)

I was pissed after reading that... I thought that she should have a look at my playlist and STFD.

Women can't like Muse..... what total and utter shite. I guess women can't like Nirvana, Rage, Led, (insert a good band's name here) either?

:noey:

Weird or not, we like our rock proper! ;)

I was pissed after reading that... I thought that she should have a look at my playlist and STFD.

Women can't like Muse..... what total and utter shite. I guess women can't like Nirvana, Rage, Led, (insert a good band's name here) either?

:noey:

Women are supposed to like Jason Mraz and Sara McLachlin :yesey:

:chuckle:

:chuckle: i like the quotes

"Also will all the Muse fans be devastated about missing the last episode of Doctor Who?"

"What is wrong with me I am liking Muse a lot (well a bit anyway) at least Matt Bellamy recognise a note when he hits one" :fear:

"Matthew Bellamy looks like Billy Corgan channelling Esio Trot" :(:LOL:

"Muse are the Band Radiohead could have been"

"Me and my vajayjay are going to see Muse in September. No tennis coached was fondled in the purchasing of the tickets.":LOL: that was so someone from here

and some rude ones :phu: well not really a loss if theyre reading that bitches stuff :noey:

im gonna go post!:ninja:

"Oh bloody hell Muse. Muse and their limitless array of eight-minute-long 'Hey man lose yourself in the spacerock' noodlethons. I can't comprehend how there are so many women there. No women like Muse. None. If your girlfriend says she's going to a Muse concert without you, she is beyond doubt having sex with her tennis coach. I can only imagine all these women watching Muse are the same women who bought first-night cinema tickets for Sex and the City 2, and they actually misheard Muse as 'Shoes'. Yes, that's it. 'Shoes'."

:wtf:

No. I haven't seen Sex and the City 2. (I only saw the first one after it came out on DVD) and the only shoes I like are the comfy ones. :mad: I love Muse...its my hubby who dont like them. :p

Yes, all women have shit taste in music and love shoes more than anything else on Earth. You'd have to pay me to watch 'SATC2'. The reviews were atrocious.

No one's told this harpie that Muse audiences are almost a 50/50 split between the sexes these days, has she? Surely that can't be an average of 5,000+ women a gig (arenas, not stadiums) who can't differentiate between the words 'shoes' and 'Muse'? Seems pretty unlikely to me...

Okay, I do have a lot of shoes, but it's just because Chucks come in so many pretty colours and patterns and are so comfy. I don't own any heels. Mainly because I'd be about 6'2" tall if I wore them. And would fall over a lot more.

I feel the need to put this here...

roflbot_shews.jpg

:shifty:

This made me LOL!

Well, she couldn't possibly understand... Muse is rock for clever people or so I've heard

somewhere...

Plus I am pretty sure most female Muser prefer socks to shoes for some reason! :)

Archived