In terms of content of lyrics and vocal quality, what song or album...

In terms of content of lyrics and vocal quality, what song or album would you say has the best singing from Matt...

For song I would probably have to go with something along the lines of Sing For Absolution, Meglomania, Hoodoo/Soldiers Poem or Overture. And for album, I think I'd have to say Resistance...

Thoughts?

I never judge Muse songs based on Matt's vocal solely, for example I like Microcuts not only because of Matt's unique voice, but also its melody and music. I like Matt's screams in Showbiz, Time is Running Out, Plug In Baby, Crying Shame, Shrinking Universe, Hyper Music.

Muse melody, music, lyric, and Matt's vocal are magnetism for me to like Muse songs. All of which is a single package that can not be separated. About lyric, well I like all of them. It's easier to me to mention the least favorite lyric than the most favorite. The least favorite are Undisclosed Desires, NSC, Resistance, I Belong to You (except "I traveled half the world to say you are my muse" line).

I never judge Muse songs based on Matt's vocal solely, for example I like Microcuts not only because of Matt's unique voice, but also its melody and music. I like Matt's screams in Showbiz, Time is Running Out, Plug In Baby, Crying Shame, Shrinking Universe, Hyper Music.

Shrinking Universe screams= :D

I find Matts voice to be beautiful in Screenager and Unintended. But I also love it in USoE when it sounds so mature and effortless. I just love listening to how his vocal style/technique changes starting from Showbiz right through to Resistance, a bit like their music.

To be honest, I like Matt's 'old voice' better than his 'new voice', so I'd say Showbiz. (the album and the song)

I don't know whether or not I agree with you... I mean, I feel like there are kind of two ways to look at it -- his "old voice" had kind of a "raw" quality to it (if you know what I mean) -- he really just kind of threw himself into the music and there was some great emotions there! (Even though it was, unknowingly, probably not great for his voice haha).

But his voice now is a lot more refined and mature-sounding. You can tell that he's had years of experience and that he uses a bit more technique than he did before. Yes, he uses less falsetto now (which I DO miss from time to time) but I actually love a lot of his chest-voice vocals on TR... I feel like over-all they display his vocal qualities better.

But I'm gonna be lame and say that I simply can't decide on any one song that I feel he sings the best :p

Maybe I'll think about it and come back later with an answer ;)

To be honest, I like Matt's 'old voice' better than his 'new voice', so I'd say Showbiz. (the album and the song)

I MISS his old voice! :( His new voice is awesome because it shows that he has experience vocally (someone said something like this in another post, I think), but I miss his falsetto and stuff! I've always liked Hyper Music as a song and the way Matt sings in it, because I think it's bloody incredible! :yesey:

I love the way he belts out Absolution. A very emotional performance by Mr Bellamy in most of the songs off the album. The way he sings Stockholm Syndrome, Endlessly, Falling Away With You and Ruled By Secrecy are the most heartfelt he's been, in my opinion. Redemption, although from a different album, has a similar feel.

Of course, Microcuts and Overture, and of course SMBH are great displays of his falsetto.

Then we've got the powerful chest voice in CoD, CE and Megalomania, which are simply epic.

I CAN'T DECIDE!

I find both of matts voices (that sounds weird ;)) to be great in different ways, whereas the old one was raw and emotional, the newer sound is more mature an powerful.

Map of the Problematique i would say vocally, i just find it so powerful.

Bliss and Sing For Absolution lyrically. :D

What hasn't been done before?:LOL:

Reggae crossed with a Welsh male voice choir?

Choirboy fronting a death metal band?

Miserable Radiohead indie crossed with Glamrock?

Drunk Gregorian monk chanting?

Edited by haze015