WHAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING DEAL WITH THE BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES PIANO SOLO? I ALWAYS SKIP IT TO GO TO THE PART WHEN MATT STARTS SINGING AGAIN. IT BORES ME. AM I MENTALLY IMPAIRED? NO.

Sorry caps.

:noey::noey: :noey:

It is a beautiful piano solo,more entertaining than anything on The Resistance.

:noey::noey: :noey:

It is a beautiful piano solo,more entertaining than anything on The Resistance.

It's not that impressive and doesn't really belong with the rest of the song, I think Matt just wanted to show off a bit.

Even though it's easy.

Also, I really hate it when everyone hates on The Resistance so much, I love it. :(

WHAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING DEAL WITH THE BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES PIANO SOLO? I ALWAYS SKIP IT TO GO TO THE PART WHEN MATT STARTS SINGING AGAIN. IT BORES ME. AM I MENTALLY IMPAIRED? NO.

Sorry caps.

Calm down please? I'm getting really offended by your 'overriding opinion'.

Because it is a really difficult solo and very beatiful and well executed ! Try to play it (if you play piano) and you will died 1000000 times before to succeed in play(ing?) this as well as Matt.

But, i love this song and (and solo) since the first time i've heard it (09/14/2003?, i don't remember the date release of Absolution).

To me, matt is the best pianist in the world of rock music. :happy:

+1 :happy:

It's not that impressive and doesn't really belong with the rest of the song, I think Matt just wanted to show off a bit.

Even though it's easy.

Also, I really hate it when everyone hates on The Resistance so much, I love it. :(

I think it does fit with the song, being related to the chaos theory and all. It's the butterflies of the hurricanes. :happy:

I hate when people hate on TR too. :mad: All of the tracks are brilliant and it brings me back to memories of Absolution. :happy:

I think it does fit with the song, being related to the chaos theory and all. It's the butterflies of the hurricanes. :happy:

I hate when people hate on TR too. :mad: All of the tracks are brilliant and it brings me back to memories of Absolution. :happy:

It just doesn't make sense in the song for me. You've got a basic thing going, suddenly PIANO SOLO, okay back to normal. :wtf:

I mean, it would be different if they were trying to make another OoS or Absolution, but they're not.

Switches ALOT. There's many that I consider above others though, such as:

Bliss

Showbiz

Sunburn

Micro Cuts

MOTP

New Born

Blackout

B&H (Amazing piano solo!)

I mostly like the songs with the epic basslines. Right now bliss would have to be my fav.

Good list. :yesey:

Forgot about Take a Bow...it's a defining Muse song after all. The spacey tune to it is just fantastic and can work as either an opener or a closer just as well.

Switches ALOT. There's many that I consider above others though, such as:

Bliss

Showbiz

Sunburn

Micro Cuts

MOTP

New Born

Blackout

B&H (Amazing piano solo!)

I mostly like the songs with the epic basslines. Right now bliss would have to be my fav.

True with the piano solo but it would be much better had Matt actually wrote that piece himself. still amazing to work it into the song though.

I will try to stay away from my favs because that doesn't mean they are necessarily their best songs. i can't narrow these down to just one either.

Best Lyrically- I have to give it to Invincible, Resistance, Unintended

Best Musically- Plug In Baby, New Born, MK Ultra, Space Dementia

Best Overall- Bliss, Fillip, Stockholm Syndrome, Map of the Problematique, Sing for Absolution..

I know many of you will probably disagree with me on many of those but that's what i think..

Hi, I'm new :)

I think my favorite Muse song is Exogenesis: Part 3 Redemption (as you can tell by my screen name) because I love how hopeful it is. It's such a beautiful piece. But at a close second are Ruled by Secrecy and Sing for Absolution (also in my screen name). It's really tough to choose though because on some days I like the more upbeat Muse songs like Map of the Problematique and some days I like the slower songs like Exogenesis Symphony. Muse is just so awesome that they have a song for all my moods :D

For the spacey songs, I must say Space Dementia > TaB

Preferences are preferences though

Also my love for CE has decreased amazing for some reason. I skip it every time it plays on iTunes.

VOTE FOR BLISS AGAINST CE IT WILL SAVE YOUR SOUL!

It's also the battle of the overrated songs, yet Bliss is my fav.

• 3 weeks later...

I wOuLd ToTaLlY SaY My FaV MoOsE SoNgS ArE

-sUpErMaSsIvE BlAcK HoLe (U c Teh WaY EdWaRd cAtcHeS ThE BaLl??!??!? SooOoOoOoO HaWt!!!)

-I BeLoNg To YoU

-neUTRon StAr cOlLiSiOn-(sEeiNg EdWaRds BoOtYiFuL FaCe Is SO FREAKIN ORGASMIC IN THAT VIDEO!!!@$@t%^$%%$@q^@$%&)

TeAm EdWaRd EvErYOnE!!!!!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good lord, what a difficult question. The one Muse song I've always gravitated towards and play the most often is Space Dementia, probably because beginning at 0:36, every hair on my body stands on end.

After that are probably (for now, at least) Muscle Museum, Sing for Absolution, Apocalypse Please, Megalomania, Uno, Micro Cuts, and Assassin.

Whew. That was hard.

Archived