I honestly don't mind the song or their fans.

It's when it's constantly pushed as the best song for stupid reasons over and over again when there are quite obviously better songs is what annoys me. And usually, it's me who's hated on my opinions. Like if you don't think CE is the best song, you're not a true Muse fan and should get a life.

:erm:

Rather odd, really.

I really don't think any song is their best song, because music is so subjective. Yeah, I know, you can argue about complexity and song structure and all that but in the end it comes down to personal taste.

But anyways, I do understand where you are coming from, I was just trying to make the counter-point. :)

:LOL:

The CE hate on the board really does crack me up.

It seems like such a crime to actually like Citizen Erased or to find it emotional.

Haha. :p

I actually never said that I hated CE I like it but it's nowhere in my top 10 but I have to admit that I sometimes get tired of people saying it is the best thing since slide bread :LOL:

That's pretty much the definition of CE for me: it starts with *RAWRRAWRRAWR* then goes soft for the second verse and chorus then back to *RAWRRAWRRAWR* and final soft for the outro.

Best build-up songs imo are Conscience / HCM and Spiral Static.

I do prefer Muse's build up songs. HCM, Showbiz, etc. All amazing.

Hoodoo (yes I'm throwing Hoodoo in here again) isn't really a build-up or a roller coaster, it just kinda smacks you in the face and leaves you to recover. :p

Best Muse songs:

Exogenesis

Citizen Erased

Hyperchodriac Music

Eternally missed

Buterflies and hurricanes

New born

Hoodoo

Space Dementia

Favourite Muse songs:

Stockholm Syndrome

New Born

Dead Star

The Small Print

Exo..

CE

Map of the Problematique

MK Ultra

I really don't think any song is their best song, because music is so subjective. Yeah, I know, you can argue about complexity and song structure and all that but in the end it comes down to personal taste.

But anyways, I do understand where you are coming from, I was just trying to make the counter-point. :)

True. Some people love it to death, and some people don't. Just the people who love it to death need to understand that. :LOL:

It does seriously annoy me when people say songs like B&H are more emotional than CE. Because it just isn't true. :(

We're all not subjective to your personal opinion. Quite honestly, it annoys me when you bring up the songs that I think are good and compare them to CE like they're garbage in comparison.

I actually never said that I hated CE I like it but it's nowhere in my top 10 but I have to admit that I sometimes get tired of people saying it is the best thing since slide bread :LOL:

Fair enough. :)

I'm just a sucker for guitar solos and the CE guitar solo at Glastonbury makes my face :awesome:

I do prefer Muse's build up songs. HCM, Showbiz, etc. All amazing.

Hoodoo (yes I'm throwing Hoodoo in here again) isn't really a build-up or a roller coaster, it just kinda smacks you in the face and leaves you to recover. :p

I understand where you are coming from... I personally see it as a build up a bit like a storm builds up (1st/3 song), explodes (2nd/3) and then afterwards you are left with almost silence (3rd/3) compared the raging you had on just before.

That's the great thing with music: everybody sees something different in it.

We're all not subjective to your personal opinion. Quite honestly, it annoys me when you bring up the songs that I think are good and compare them to CE like they're garbage in comparison.

Let me make this perfectly clear: I love B&H. It's definitely somewhere in my top 20. I was never comparing it to CE like it's garbage, I was just comparing it to CE, saying that it's not quite as emotional. That's it. :stunned:

Let me make this perfectly clear: I love B&H. It's definitely somewhere in my top 20. I was never comparing it to CE like it's garbage, I was just comparing it to CE, saying that it's not quite as emotional. That's it. :stunned:

although I prefer CE, just.... I would say that B&H is equally emotional

Erase all the memories, they'll only bring us pain, and I've seen all I'll ever need > Don't let yourself go, don't let your self down, your last chance has arrived

:awesome:

SS is more emotional:

the screaming noises in the prechorus are what do it for me and the "this is the last time I'll WAAAAAABBAAAAAANNNDON YOUUUUUU!!!"

Fair enough. :)

I'm just a sucker for guitar solos and the CE guitar solo at Glastonbury makes my face :awesome:

Glad to hear it has that effect on you!

I am a sucker for the Dead Star riff and the Micro Cuts outro.

Erase all the memories, they'll only bring us pain, and I've seen all I'll ever need > Don't let yourself go, don't let your self down, your last chance has arrived

For some people it's more than just the words that makes a song emotional.

SS is more emotional:

the screaming noises in the prechorus are what do it for me and the "this is the last time I'll WAAAAAABBAAAAAANNNDON YOUUUUUU!!!"

For one MOMMEEENNNNNNTT, I wish you'd hold your stage, with no feelings at all, open mindEEEDDDDDD, I'm sure I used to be so free.

Sorry, I just had to do that. I'm in a really stupid mood right now. I can't stop watching this.

For some people it's more than just the words that makes a song emotional

Like me. :stunned: CE, musically, seems more emotional than B&H. To me, at least.

I mean like the way you said Hoodoo should never be compared to CE. Found that a bit pretentious. My mentioning of Butterflies was 4 pages back and you still had to bring it up?

Erase all the memories, they'll only bring us pain, and I've seen all I'll ever need > Don't let yourself down, don't let yourself go, your last chance has arrived

Butterflies and Hurricanes piano solo > Origin of Symmetry.

imo

Glad to hear it has that effect on you!

I am a sucker for the Dead Star riff and the Micro Cuts outro.

I was so happy when they played the Micro Cuts outro after New Born at my gig in Portland!

Love it.

For some people it's more than just the words that makes a song emotional.

Twuth.

SS is more emotional:

I actually agree, in a way. CE has more meaning, but SS has brought loads out of me. Especially at that 'this is the last time i'll WAAAAAAABAAAAAAANDOOOOOON YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!! AND THIS IIIIIIS', etc. etc. That part totally gets me worked up.

For one MOMMEEENNNNNNTT, I wish you'd hold your stage, with no feelings at all, open mindEEEDDDDDD, I'm sure I used to be so free.

Sorry, I just had to do that. I'm in a really stupid mood right now. I can't stop watching this.

Like me. :stunned: CE, musically, seems more emotional than B&H. To me, at least.

I will vote for CE against bliss if you vote for SS against Exo..... please ;)

It has more meaning than that behind it, if you know about the chaos theory. I find the lyrics particularly moving and motivational. Not directed at one person, but at the world itself.

I don't feel that I ought to be in the know about chaos theory when I listen to a song. Even if I understood I don't think I'd engage with the lyrics much at all, they're really rather bland. :LOL:

I mean like the way you said Hoodoo should never be compared to CE. Found that a bit pretentious. My mentioning of Butterflies was 4 pages back and you still had to bring it up?

Butterflies and Hurricanes piano solo > Origin of Symmetry.

imo

Okay, sorry if that looked rude. I meant they couldn't really be compared because they're so different, when I said that.

Final minute of CE's emotional value > All of Absolution's emotional value

IMO.

Naw, jokes. That would be impossible. IMPOSSIBLE.

:LOL:

I love that you two are actually having a singing war on the board. For some reason I can't stop laughing at that. :facepalm:

Archived