i'm sorry but i have to say it sounds a bit cheesy atm

but it's the lead track of the eclipse movie and it's about the kind of 'i will die for you' love,

so i guess we should be optimistic and hope the whole thing will be amazing :unsure:

and ... i lol-ed at matt singing 'love is fowwwwwever' :LOL::LOL::LOL:

meh. i don't know how i feel about this. i too am shocked that the chorus lyrics are so direct and cheesy. "love is forever... blah blah.... we'll die together?":shifty:

idk. i don't wanna judge the 30 second clip... buuuuttttt... i don't think i'm gonna like it too much.

lord, i hope they don't make it a staple in the 2nd half of their tour.

They used to be my favorite band, now they are just a generic pop band that has three great albums and then all went wrong no one knows why. It could be wrong, said Matt, but it is already wrong.:LOL:

Hope they save themselves with this summer tour or with a new album, otherwise I'll move on. It's dramatic, but they are going through a crappy way, right now.

Matt, Dom, Chris... Come on guys... If you are reading this, you are in time to continue the great work you were doing! Why doing this to your loyal fans?

meh. i don't know how i feel about this. i too am shocked that the chorus lyrics are so direct and cheesy. "love is forever... blah blah.... we'll die together?":shifty:

idk. i don't wanna judge the 30 second clip... buuuuttttt... i don't think i'm gonna like it too much.

lord, i hope they don't make it a staple in the 2nd half of their tour.

ah but based on what you've heard...would you rather have this live? or guiding light?

and don't pick cake cause there is no eddie izzard/church of england element going on here. :p

Agreed.

I get the feeling lyrics as butt-numbingly lame as "We'll Die Together" are elements that having an outside producer no longer brings to the band these days. I think any producer worth his weight would've said "yo Matt, you gotta do at least 1 rewrite on that..."

Here's hoping they bring back Leckie or someone for the NEXT album.

They've gone pop, theyre sellouts! Blah blah...

This song is written for a cheesy teen-y love story film. Of course its going to have cheesy teen-y love story lyrics, if it didnt, it wouldnt fit the purpose properly.

I would hope all the muse songs from now on arent all like this, but whether you like the song or not you have to agree it does its job well.

Hopefully they can write some thriller or western soundtracks now. Please.

ah but based on what you've heard...would you rather have this live? or guiding light?

and don't pick cake cause there is no eddie izzard/church of england element going on here. :p

now, when you put it THAT way, about the guiding light thing... excellent point. lmao.

and :LOL: on the eddie izzard reference.

This song is written for a cheesy teen-y love story film. Of course its going to have cheesy teen-y love story lyrics, if it didnt, it wouldnt fit the purpose properly.

I would hope all the muse songs from now on arent all like this, but whether you like the song or not you have to agree it does its job well.

The job it's doing is for a horrible film nobody wants. It doesn't make the song any better.

It isn't for fuck sake! They're just using it for Eclipse, but they didn't write it for it.

I hate it though

But most other Twilight songs aren't fueled with cheese. It's not a necessity for appearing on the soundtrack.

**THIS**

EXACTLY. it's for a teen, love story. this doesn't mean this is all that is going to come from Muse from now on. BESIDES...every song that you hear on a cd gets totally reworked for the live performances and that's when their true talent really shines through, what with extra riffs and jams etc...

Muse wants to put on amazing live performances and that is one thing that they do awesome and no one can argue with that fact.

Seriously, the band has been around for 10+ years, and it's not because their sound has stayed EXACTLY the SAME...it's because it evolved and changed and grew. And they experimented, which is what this whole Neutron Star Collision can be seen as...an experiment and take in a different direction. Neutron Star doesn't DEFINE Muse and it SHOULDN'T...they are just doing something different and I think that's a true artist. one who doesn't put out the same things over and over again, but someone who doesn't mind risking it to try something new.

sorry for the ran...it was an accident :D

Even if they wrote it specifically for a film then if they're not happy with that musical direction then they shouldn't have publicised it. Unless they're only in it for the money.

So either a) Muse are now a band primarily in writing cheesy love songs and occasionally throw in a riff or a piano piece

or

b) They're sellouts doing it for cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZ86GYoxE0

now, when you put it THAT way, about the guiding light thing... excellent point. lmao.

and :LOL: on the eddie izzard reference.

glad you got it. :awesome:

The job it's doing is for a horrible film nobody wants. It doesn't make the song any better.

now you know that's not true.

you and i and several hundered other muse fans may not want it but... :LOL:

i'm going to listened to soaked now. good thing i'm not lactose intolerant :awesome:

Archived