I'm not so up to date on Muse stuff as I used to be. Fail. Was this written specifically for Twilight then? Or was it one that was stashed away somewhere..

It seems to be debatable. But this is from January:

And since she's such a "nice lady", her favourite rock gods have agreed to have a crack at writing the theme for the film of her third book, which is due for release later this year. "They want us to do the main song for it, which I think we're going to have a go at and see what it's like," drummer Dominic Howard said in his dressing room before the Gold Coast show. "But you know, they might hate it."

I kind of like it so far. Stuck on my brain already. And I love Matt's voice! It sounds very powerful.

But yeah, the lyrics are cheesy and meeeeeeeeh, but I hope the whole song will make up for it.

And btw, do we hear an "oocean" in the beginning? :awesome:

It seems to be debatable. But this is from January:

But this is what Dom said in March

As for the original tune in question, which remains untitled, Howard says it would have fit Eclipse like Edward on Bella -- even though it wasn't directly inspired by the books or movies.

"It was a love song, so it’s a personal song, and it wasn’t really to do with the films. But it was sounding good," he says.

Muse still plans to release it, says Howard, even if you won't hear it on the Eclipse soundtrack. (Maybe you can just play it over the make-out scenes once the flick hits DVD.)

I kind of like it so far. Stuck on my brain already. And I love Matt's voice! It sounds very powerful.

But yeah, the lyrics are cheesy and meeeeeeeeh, but I hope the whole song will make up for it.

And btw, do we hear an "oocean" in the beginning? :awesome:

I hear oocean too, for a moment I thought of US and was like :wtf:

:LOL: at the way he sings "Love is fowever"

But this is what Dom said in March

Yeah, I saw that too. I'm thinking they wrote it FOR the movie. You know, something that would fit, but it wasn't INSPIRED by the movie. There's a difference I think. But I dunno... they do tend to be vague and change things around. I know at one point the deal was off and they said they're release it anyway.

That sounds absolutely horrible.

Sounds like someones taken The Killers even further back to the 80s.

Resistance also sounded shit from a 30 second preview and ended up not too bad (but still not great)

When do we get to suffer the whole thing?

Well, considering every article written about the song and even the main page of the Muse website says May 17th. So I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say.....May 17th?

Archived