it's also a middle aged woman fad i hear.

I dont recall any 35 year old women obsessing over Edward Cullen and procclaiming Twilight as their bible while dressing up in goth outfits and filling their faces with make-up.

This is completely off topic, but when I was listening to 'Take a Bow' I thought they should rename the song 'Dear Stephanie Meyer'.

It was done in California this past April.

I agree.

This made me think

Neeeutron Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Neeeutron STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

ColliSION! SION! SION! SION!

:facepalm:

:LOL: winnn!

This is completely off topic, but when I was listening to 'Take a Bow' I thought they should rename the song 'Dear Stephanie Meyer'.

oooo burrn.

This is the Muse board, when aren't we off topic? :LOL:

:LOL: I've missed you Taylor.

Yeah, it actually has been. No one brings up any good "counterarguments" to rebuttal that statement. Other than Muse "being better" than Twilight or Twilight being a "teen fad"

Muse aren't better than Twilight now to be honest.

You've obviously not been listening to what any of us have been saying, and thus are hardly going to change anyone's opinion.

Thanks for the link; here's my translation [with lots of editing after the post]:

Muse Fans Rebel Against Twilight

Even on Muse's own website, their fans are rebelling against the band's recent service to the Twilight series and that of the band's new single, a love theme called "Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)".

It may be a conflict of interests with the fans on the part of their label's discography, but as I understand it, the top priority of Muse's management is to achieve as much commercial success for Muse in America as they have in Europe.

Muse has just concluded a successful tour in America, but in arenas, not stadiums. They need a new hit in the 'States, and the means that will get them there would appear to be this starry theme from the new soundtrack from the third film in the Twilight saga.

This has both its pros and cons. As the group has been around for fifteen years now, this [film association] is simply too juvenile for them -- for their true style, their true significance as a band and for their career trajectory.

Muse -- and above all, Matt Bellamy -- have invented a new style you could call "Rock Plus," with elements of electronica and trance, which demands more from people than simply liking the film saga. But greed will pillage and loot.

The song, from what little of it I've heard, was recorded in January, when Muse was offered the opportunity to collaborate on the Clash of the Titans soundtrack, although that collaboration never jelled. The song was recorded in Matt's private studio in Lake Como.

Thanks. I think this is a good argument actually disregarding the mistake at the end. I agree with the points made that the film series is really rather downmarket and unsuitable in relation to Muse, but things are never black and white. Often there are balances of considerations and I doubt the association will do them harm.

And yeah, I can watch anyone play piano a long time, but Matt especially. :happy:

Even though he's not the greatest pianist in the world, but he's... I love him lol.

I think it's because when Matt plays he appears to be really feeling what he's playing and somehow that appears to affect the way it sounds as well. I'm no expert but he appears to me to play sensitively. When the stuff he plays is played by someone else, it loses some of it's impact.

Muse aren't better than Twilight now to be honest.

You've obviously not been listening to what any of us have been saying, and thus are hardly going to change anyone's opinion.

what :LOL:

get over it guys there's nothing you can do :rolleyes:

and yay can't wait until 17th :D:awesome:

I don't like twilight saga, the first movie is awful, I never seen New Moon but if the song is good, i don't care about being in Eclipse :p

i love how some people bash twilighters based on the premise that they'll 'love' muse just because it's connected to twilight... yet... they're the same who already think the song will suck simply because it's connected to twilight.

double standards FTW!

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

i love how some people bash twilighters based on the premise that they'll 'love' muse just because it's connected to twilight... yet... they're the same who already think the song will suck simply because it's connected to twilight.

double standards FTW!

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

Well spoken! I totally agree.... :LOL:

This made me think

Neeeutron Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Neeeutron STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

ColliSION! SION! SION! SION!

:facepalm:

I love you. :LOL:

it's also a middle aged woman fad i hear.

Unfortunately. :stunned: I've met more middle aged Twilight fans than teenaged ones.

:LOL:

I think it's because when Matt plays he appears to be really feeling what he's playing and somehow that appears to affect the way it sounds as well. I'm no expert but he appears to me to play sensitively. When the stuff he plays is played by someone else, it loses some of it's impact.

:yesey:

One of these days I'll reply with more than just emoticons.

Archived