No offence :), but I'm sick of hearing this.

Why can't I expect an album in the same style as the album I love so much?

It's still the same band isn't it? So, I understand the disappointment from fans.

We have the right to expect the same style. If the band changes too much, old fans go away and you get this border between old fans and new fans. I'm sure Muse is aware of that, but I really don't understand why they keep on going like this, why would a band want to devide their audience?

Being under the Warner's rules , they know they have to sell and expand their public .

Matt has never used the word "cheesy" so many times as he's been doing recently with some tracks and riffs of The Resistance , and now with this new song , so he's perfectly aware of the work he's doing .

This song is intended to go straight to the heart because that's the place where it's come from and we have to understand its context .

No offence :), but I'm sick of hearing this.

Why can't I expect an album in the same style as the album I love so much?

It's still the same band isn't it? So, I understand the disappointment from fans.

We have the right to expect the same style. If the band changes too much, old fans go away and you get this border between old fans and new fans. I'm sure Muse is aware of that, but I really don't understand why they keep on going like this, why would a band want to devide their audience?

they make the music they want to. they dont make it to keep you happy. its fine that your disappointed but to say you "have the right to expect the same style" like its more about you than it is them is just ridiculous.

dont reply. not looking in this thread :phu:

http://www.teentoday.co.uk/article/muse-neutron-star-collision-leak-000/

Quote article "Muse have taken the best elements from a heap of songs on their last album, The Resistance - Guiding Light, Resistance, United States of Eurasia " :noey:

thrown them in a pot with a few pinches from preceding album Black Holes and Revelations Take A Bow, Knights of Cydonia

Sounds about right.

they make the music they want to. they dont make it to keep you happy. its fine that your disappointed but to say you "have the right to expect the same style" like its more about you than it is them is just ridiculous.

dont reply. not looking in this thread :phu:

Muse can make what they like. That's what bands do.

However, it is perfectly reasonable for someone to expect songs/albums based on a similar style to what the band had put out in the past, and be disappointed when that doesn't happen. But apparently on here that is being elitist and unreasonable. Do love this place, it's a great insight into social phenomena.

This happened with Supermassive, and even TIRO before it. Hell even Uprising divided responses. For the record I like all three of those songs.

Agreed too.

This song is pretty good, it's a bit of fun. One track isn't going to worry me about the future for Muse. I fucking loved The Resistance. Everyone on here just facepalming about 'the death of Muse' are just... sad fucks. Sorry guys, but people change. Bands change. I'm just glad I change too.

What needs to be realised is, Muse on their day are practically without peer.

Muse making crap like NSC puts them below hundreds of artists of a similar ilk who make much better songs of this fashion. If the self-parody vibe wasn't so strong, you'd say it was just a typical coffee-table luvvie style song, but those artists don't tend to do it as a piss-take.

That's worrying.

Off course they do what they want. They don't have to do it all for the fans.

But I'm just saying it's normal to expect certain things.

And about those low/high expactations. Even with low expectations it can be verry disappointing, cause you always want your favourite band to make the music you love. Logic, isn't it? :)

I had low expectations for NSC, still it 'hurts' to hear it isn't what you want from the band.

Fans like me just always hope for a return to the roots. Just because we think that was the greatest Muse ever. People who got to know Muse (or started to like them) with BH&R of TR will have different opinions, that's also perfectly normal.

I'm a bit embarrassed that people I know who know I like Muse but haven't heard of them will hear this on the radio and think 'so that's the band she's always going on about'.

I'd be happier if this was buried away on an album/b-side where no-one but Musers would hear it.

Same here! Except with my dad. My dad's always made fun of me for my taste in music, even though he's never really listened to anything. If he hears this, I'll have some explaining to do! :(

I've listened to it now a few times, and I just can't see any good in it at all. It's all the worst elements of TR rolled into a song. It doesn't flow, lyrics are dreadful, and it sounds like a mess.

I know bands have to evolve, I know this, I fucking LOVE Radiohead, and they have evolved so much over the past 15 years it's untrue, but while they have evolved they still managed to stay heartfelt, musically amazing. I really disliked TR because it sounded like Muse weren't even trying, and were aiming to become some kind of Queen MKII. I listened to OOS the other night for the first time in a long time and was blown away by how amazing it is, an how much effort seemed to be placed into it. It's like all the effort has dissipated like snowflakes in the ocean, amirite?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the amount of moaning about a silly pop ballad shows the amount of stupidity of people in this board. The fact that is on the Twilight soundtrack already tells you the song will be another 'Starlight' type of song. I personally didn't have high expectations about it.

Now, I'm not saying that if you disliked the song you are stupid (as I said, everyone has an opinion) but the fact that people see this as the end of Muse is ridiculous.

They've recorded over 100 songs, and they are willing to put a headstone on the band for 1 song.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the amount of moaning about a silly pop ballad shows the amount of stupidity of people in this board. The fact that is on the Twilight soundtrack already tells you the song will be another 'Starlight' type of song. I personally didn't have high expectations about it.

Now, I'm not saying that if you disliked the song you are stupid (as I said, everyone has an opinion) but the fact that people see this as the end of Muse is ridiculous.

They've recorded over 100 songs, and they are willing to put a headstone on the band for 1 song.

Again, missing the point. It's not like people were completely satisfied with recent Muse developments and then suddenly this comes out and they don't want anything to do with the band, for some people the downturn has been in full motion for a while. The next single was going to be critical, if it was a rocker like US or MK then some people's faith may have been restored and hopes slightly raised for the next album, the fact it is this glittery cheesefest means that some people are no longer optimistic about Muse's future output. Sure if you've liked the recent stuff but not this then it's no big deal, it's just one song, but for others it is a genuine feeling of 'this song is also really bad, I'm no longer excited about what they do anymore'.

I've listened to it now a few times, and I just can't see any good in it at all. It's all the worst elements of TR rolled into a song. It doesn't flow, lyrics are dreadful, and it sounds like a mess.

I know bands have to evolve, I know this, I fucking LOVE Radiohead, and they have evolved so much over the past 15 years it's untrue, but while they have evolved they still managed to stay heartfelt, musically amazing. I really disliked TR because it sounded like Muse weren't even trying, and were aiming to become some kind of Queen MKII. I listened to OOS the other night for the first time in a long time and was blown away by how amazing it is, an how much effort seemed to be placed into it. It's like all the effort has dissipated like snowflakes in the ocean, amirite?

+1

Hrm, I do admit to listening to OoS and Hullabaloo last night, and being blown again all over again at how chilling and incredible it was....

but I still like NSC, albeit for different reasons and not as much. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

:facepalm: It's not about the one song, its been the build up to it, The Resistance, mention of Matt saying the new album he'd like to do more Undisclosed Desires type songs... and lets not forget their live show is beginning to stagnate too with their same setlists, and shows that are now entirely based around production of lighting and visuals and not the music.

Hrm, I do admit to listening to OoS and Hullabaloo last night, and being blown again all over again at how chilling and incredible it was....

but I still like NSC, albeit for different reasons and not as much. I don't think that makes me a bad person.

Who do you think would claim otherwise?

:facepalm: It's not about the one song, its been the build up to it, The Resistance, mention of Matt saying the new album he'd like to do more Undisclosed Desires type songs... and lets not forget their live show is being to stagnate too with their same setlists, and shows that are now entirely based around production of lighting and visuals and not the music.

Exactly this. I think for a lot of people it seems to be a final straw thing.

I know bands have to evolve, I know this, I fucking LOVE Radiohead, and they have evolved so much over the past 15 years it's untrue, but while they have evolved they still managed to stay heartfelt, musically amazing.

Oh please! Radiohead is Radiohead and Muse is Muse.

Why should all bands take the same musical path?

Archived