I thought we got confirmation from Matt that it was a personal song? :wtf:

Ohhhh....ok my bad I missed the memo (ok but now seriously he wrote a personal song....then wasted it on a crappy vampire flick soundtrack? Riiight...) but anyways - I don't know, for me despite everything else it just has the certain "guilty pleasure" feel about, because it is cheesy, and normally I just don't want to like cheesy songs, but I do :LOL:

I really don't think the lyrics are that awful as much as I just find they don't resonate with me. I'm not in love. Arguably never have been. I do think the lyrics are over the top and bit cheesy, but my guess would be Matt was/is well aware of that. I think that's a part of being human, that little period when you're over-the-top, cheesily enamored with someone, and you can't imagine it ending. I'm OK with someone writing a song in that state of mind.

I'm with ya on that. :)

Why is everyone so afraid to like it? :LOL:

I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks, but I dread this getting lots of radio play and people I know hearing it and saying "so yeah, I heard that new Muse song. So, um, that's your favorite band? :erm:" And me having to defend them! "No really, their other stuff's real good!"

If this song ever grows on me, it will only be because of my Muse goggles. If it were any other band, or my first exposure to Muse, no way. It's not even "funny" in the way I think IBTY and USoE are. It's too serious. :( And cheesy. And I actually like GL!

I'm not, I just think it's utter tripe and from one of the best bands in the world I expect much better. This point also goes for The Resistance as an album. Must do better next time.

100% agreed.

Need. Outside. Producer.

I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks, but I dread this getting lots of radio play and people I know hearing it and saying "so yeah, I heard that new Muse song. So, um, that's your favorite band? :erm:" And me having to defend them! "No really, their other stuff's real good!"

If this song ever grows on me, it will only be because of my Muse goggles. If it were any other band, or my first exposure to Muse, no way.

I agree. :$

"Neutron Star Collision" >>>> "I Belong To You"

In my opinion.

WHOA NOW! Lets not get too crazy here now.:wtf:

If this song ever grows on me, it will only be because of my Muse goggles. If it were any other band, or my first exposure to Muse, no way. It's not even "funny" in the way I think IBTY and USoE are. It's too serious. :( And cheesy. And I actually like GL!

I've gotten over that concerned radio play stage because Uprising, Resistance, KoC, and Starlight really don't do them any justice at all. I've just kind of started agreeing with everyone who says "Oh, Muse suck." You're not going to convince them anyways.

Oh come on, snowflakes in an ocean? :LOL: I can't take that seriously at all.

Since Matt wrote it after breaking up, is it possible he's being ironic with the lyrics? Yeah, that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I like it, and I'm glad they released it. I'd like it even more though if I didn't know what Muse are capable of. It's a bit sad not to see them live up to their potential. I don't mind that the style is different from their old songs, but nothing about the song is even original. Whatever, I've had it on repeat for a while now, it's way too catchy. It's good enough to go on my ipod, I don't mind a bit of cheese! :D

Well no, me neither. But I have a feeling Matt is serious. It's not campy like "Our ancient heroes are turning to duuuusst." It's just kinda lame.

I've had trouble taking Muse seriously lately. It seems like everything they come out with is a joke now, so I've started taking it like that. It helps me enjoy the songs more! :LOL:

There are nothing wrong with the lyrics.

Some people need to... zip it.

I think the lyrics are sweet and very sad knowing the circumstances.

This song is really good! :fear:

Yeah, actually. That part in a relationship where you talk about your future... i.e. if you'll be forever. And what if you both mean it at the time, but grow apart? Or something changes? Yeah, the lyrics are cheese. But... meaningful cheese. In context to the rest of the lyrics, the chorus makes sense now.

There are nothing wrong with the lyrics.

Some people need to... zip it.

I think the lyrics are sweet and very sad knowing the circumstances.

This song is really good! :fear:

Yeah, I feel kinda bad even saying negative things about the lyrics after hearing Matt talking about writing it. :supersad:

I've not been on for ages and only heard about this through the grapevine, but is there going to be a video for this song?

And if so, does anyone know the air date??

Yeah there's a video and I thought I heard it was the 20th? Don't listen to me though, I'm WAY beyond uninformed about dates. :LOL:

I've not been on for ages and only heard about this through the grapevine, but is there going to be a video for this song?

And if so, does anyone know the air date??

Well, you should visit more often. :phu:

But yeah, the 20th. Maybe. I think. :p

Archived