Oh my :chuckle:

The first two Muse albums weren't even released in the US originally. It was Absolution that got them into the US by which time they were already big enough to be playing arenas in Europe...

Showbiz was released in the U.S. at the same time as everywhere else. :p

yeah he's probably just thinking :erm: when can i start banging my head? now? no? how about now? :supersad:

And when he thinks Matt and Dom aren't looking, he secretly starts banging his head, but then gets whipped by DOMinatrix, followed by a 'bad Chris! No headbanging in our radio-friendly tunes!' :LOL:

Whatever, the rest of the point still stands...the person who I quoted was completely wrong in his assumption that the US "got" Muse before the UK.

Like I said, I believe that person was referring to the fact that it was a record label in the US who first payed any attention to Muse. But I would say France may have "got" Muse first. I really don't think the US has "got" Muse even today.

I think there are a select few. But we didn't get them until Absolution. Even then, the overall majority have no clue who they are. Even now. Whenever I mention going to a Muse concert I get the same reaction:

Who are you seeing?

Muse.

What kind of music do they play?

Rock/pop.

Can you repeat the name again?

Muse.

Nope, never heard of them.

Oh.

And you pronounce it like "songwriter's muse/Zeus' daughters/musings/any other muse definition?"

Yeah. Same thing. Same word.

Ah. Well, have fun at the show.

Will do...:rolleyes:

I get the same thing when I mention Coldplay except people are like" Ohhhh....yeah...Colplday. Oh my god I looooove them and that song "Clocks".

You have no idea how much this pisses me off! It's like, don't act like you're an ultimate fan or you love a band just because you know a couple of their mainstream hits! garrrhhfs;glkmlm

yes...more lyrical recycling :erm:

i wonder if the snowflakes hitting the ocean are turning to dust? :shifty:

He could have gotten the same point across with the snowflakes using another body of water.... snowflakes in a pond, snowflakes in a lake, snowflakes in a mud puddle, snowflakes in a swimming pool, snowflakes in a birdbath.... ;)

i actually don't mind if this song gets alot of attention and people end up not liking it... more fans would just mean bigger venues which usually means not as satisfying concert experiences =P

heh yeah, i had thought of that too :shifty:

But the problem is, the type of people I'd want to be at a gig with are the ones who are most likely to be turned off by it and the ones who make for boring moshpits full of people staring blankly when New Born is played are the ones most likely to enjoy it** :erm:

** disclaimer: by this i mean people who haven't heard muse before this song, this is not a judgement against any people who are already fans who may like the song ;)

WTH?! There is going to be a video? Man,:indiff: who wants to bet that it'll have twilight clips on it. &^&*%. Being positive...at least we have a new song.

niall said the 20th i believe.

:LOL:

:awesome:

i wonder if the snowflakes hitting the ocean are turning to dust? :shifty:

He could have gotten the same point across with the snowflakes using another body of water.... snowflakes in a pond, snowflakes in a lake, snowflakes in a mud puddle, snowflakes in a swimming pool, snowflakes in a birdbath.... ;)

has to rhyme tho dux

snowflakes in some lotion. :awesome:

Archived