Thats actually really pissed me off that someone has had the nerve to stoop as low as ageism, just because I like the cheesy lyrics.

I am 17 and what is this?

People are retarded, it happens. They'll get it over it.

Re. the piano outro being "Adagio Sostenuto" -- are you guys referring to the second movement of Rachmaninoff's Piano Conc. No. 2? I don't think that's it -- are you sure it's from that?

Lol at all the ppl on twitter who saw the trending topic and thought there was an exciting astronomical event going on :LOL:

Heck, it's bigger than that; it's a new Muse song! :LOL:

I misheard the fuzzy lines in the 2nd verse as "Hell, the preachers they can pray/crow [??];/The droplets can re-cloud/Then they'll dissipate..." -- which I think I prefer to the real lyrics. Oh well.

[spoiler=today's lolzing of Doris]y9ynH.jpg

XGCix.jpg

rZHSW.jpg

Z44Og.jpg

oLkOE.jpg

ck511.jpg

Have to agree with this

At first i didn't like citizen erased, or megalomania, or anything on showbiz except for muscle museum and showbiz

How wrong i was :D

This.

The best Muse songs are growers.

Anyway, this song is awesome.

The guitar work is sexy, it has falsetto and there's some lovely piano. Win in my books.

I am sorry, but when you have listened to a song that just came out today 47 times to try to figure out whether you like it or not, we have a name for that, its called obsession

Or maybe people just like the song. I know its a very difficult concept to understand.

Have to agree with this

At first i didn't like citizen erased, or megalomania, or anything on showbiz except for muscle museum and showbiz

How wrong i was :D

I didn't like Citizen Erased much, or Megalomania, Ruled by Secrecy, Micro Cuts, the second half of Showbiz, and I thought Dead Star was overrated.

So very, very wrong.

The song isn't bad. It's really catchy IMO and has guitar and piano, the lyrics though are just a little crappy. But for a song for Twilight I wouldn't expect more and I think I would much rather hear this live than GL.

Some people need to take a step back and listen to other bands instead of listening to the same damn band for 10 years and forcing themselves to like everything they release.

Woah..hold on there buddy. I haven't posted on this thread yet, but this was NOT needed. It may be your opinion but don't assume that people are FORCING themselves to like this song. And I, for a fact, listen to bands other than Muse. To assume that other people don't is just ridiculous. If you think we're forcing ourselves to like this song than aren't you jsut doing the exact same? Forcing us to NOT like it?

Neutron Star Collision is ONLY saved by the crazy ass music.

The lyrics are so bad. SO bad. I mean... I get that it's FOR Twilight, which means being really open and bleeding hearted with out a lot of artistry is you know, the "style."

Come on Matt. Really? Ah whatever. The feeling of the song is fantastic. I just wish it didn't sound like Matt was taking himself so seriously. Hopefully he's not. Muse will lose so much credibility in my mind if they start taking themselves really seriously.

It's got to be better live than Guiding Light' date=' surely.[/quote']

I has to be better, it has to be better, it has to be better...

*rocks back and forth*

I has to be better, it has to be better, it has to be better...

:p

Come ride with me

Through the veins of history

I'll show you how god

Falls asleep on the job

And how can we win

When fools can be kings

Don't waste your time

Or time will waste you

No one's gonna take me alive

The time has come to make things right

You and I must fight for our rights

You and I must fight to survive

I thought those lyrics were terrible when I first heard them.

Sure they are sandwiched between an orgy of guitar orgasms and a fuck-off riff, but the principle is still the same. :p

Woah..hold on there buddy. I haven't posted on this thread yet, but this was NOT needed. It may be your opinion but don't assume that people are FORCING themselves to like this song. And I, for a fact, listen to bands other than Muse. To assume that other people don't is just ridiculous. If you think we're forcing ourselves to like this song than aren't you jsut doing the exact same? Forcing us to NOT like it?

Or more like forcing you to realise you are forcing youreselves to like it.

what a sentence!

As a supplement:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/01/090126112313.htm

According to a new study in the Journal of Consumer Research, people who deliberate about decisions make less accurate judgments than people who trust their instincts

And to be honest, I believe it's true, I've never really liked a song I didn't like at first.

Neutron Star Collision is ONLY saved by the crazy ass music.

The lyrics are so bad. SO bad. I mean... I get that it's FOR Twilight, which means being really open and bleeding hearted with out a lot of artistry is you know, the "style."

Come on Matt. Really? Ah whatever. The feeling of the song is fantastic. I just wish it didn't sound like Matt was taking himself so seriously. Hopefully he's not. Muse will lose so much credibility in my mind if they start taking themselves really seriously.

+1. I really do like the music, the piano is lovely. But the lyrics? :noey:

I MUST buy the piano sheet music as soon as I can find it :ninja:

So, the usual "Muse have sold out and gone mainstream" "They've always been mainstream" "This song is shit and will only be liked by twilighters (Still don't know or care what they are) and crazy obsessive fans" "The only people who hate it are whose who are living in the past and just want OOS over & over, I've listened to it 50 times in the last hour and it's amazing".

This isn't going in the set lists is it??

Of course... they need more songs on the setlist for the stadium gig and that will work fantastically between Guiding Light and Feeling Good.

Archived