Ehh, look at it this way- They had to drop something so that they could put Bliss in there. But I don't understand why it had to be New Born...It's a crowd favourite :(

Why does anything have to be dropped?

Can't they just play 24 songs a night?

But if New Born is stopped live for a while it'll come back sounding even epicer. ;)

KoC isn't that good as the last song on the setlist I thinks it's better early on in the set list like in Haarp and citizen erased would be a great closer.

Yes for Koc. No for CE

Knights should either open or close the main set.

CE should lead into the piano section.

Stockholm Syndrome should close. (and bliss and showbiz should close the encores)

Although I adore NB so so much, I agree that maybe a break from that song would be better. Maybe the band can think of better and cooler ways to play the song when it returns.

Or if they do decide to relegate it to "non-regular" song zone, then when they play it during special occasions or special gigs etc it would be much more epic. Like if they were to play a Showbiz song now.

"Muse stuns crowd by playing classic"

I'm having trouble figuring out how I used to listen to Muse so much...it just doesn't compute. I mean, I got my last.fm last May, and according to that (though it might be incorrect) I've listened to Muse just over 2000 times.

I've just looked through my iTunes and there's a total of 5 songs by them I've really listened to in the past two months.

Probably a bit controversial over in this section of the forum at least...

For the next tour it's time to retire KoC or at least move it to opener again. It really can't go in the middle of a setlist, I guess it could could close the main set and an album 6 song could close the encore. We need a new godly rock song, Resistance was far too lacking in the rock department.

For the next tour it's time to retire KoC or at least move it to opener again. It really can't go in the middle of a setlist, I guess it could could close the main set and an album 6 song could close the encore. We need a new godly rock song, Resistance was far too lacking in the rock department.

The only places KoC can go in a set are opener, closing main set or the show. Maybe open an encore too. I think MK Ultra, Plug in Baby and Take A Bow are all better openers.

Agreed. Put Knights of Cydonia on rotation with another awesome closer (Stockholm Syndrome/Take a Bow etc) and when it doesn’t close the show, close the main set. Plus, I think they should stop playing Man with a Harmonica. It’s fantastic and all, but it has been played constantly for the last two years and it’s getting a bit old tbh. But seeing as they hardly ever change the setlist, this is highly unlikely to happen.

take a bow and apocalypse please are the best openers

uprising was just meh

For some reason I would be interested to see or to have seen uno open a set, i just think the scratchy intro and powerful bassline would set the crowd off

Take a Bow is a bit of an anticlimax closing the show.

Knights of Cydonia must open, close or not be played at all.

Uprising isn't the best opener, although I can't see it sounding very good midset either, I don't know.

Unnatural Selection should open some shows.

MK, US, KoC and Uprising should rotate opening the show.

Muse DO sound a bit like Radiohead. I had In Rainbows on and my friends and my dad all thought it was Muse.

I don't know who this a compliment to and who it's an insult to, LOL.

Personally, I barely hear it, but to the untrained ear, I don't think it's entirely untrue like we all say it is.

To the untrained ear it may sound similar, but then that's the key word - untrained.

But they still sound alike in some respect, is what I'm trying to say, you know?

'Cause everyone is always like "aaaaah no, how could anybody even think that?" when at a glance (well, an audio version of a glance) they sound alike.

But they still sound alike in some respect, is what I'm trying to say, you know?

'Cause everyone is always like "aaaaah no, how could anybody even think that?" when at a glance (well, an audio version of a glance) they sound alike.

Well yes, because they're voices are somewhat similar - not "pure" singing voices but with very refined and heavily utilised falsetto. And voice is the first thing people notice, however it's not the most important aspect of a musician.

For Now:

Take a Bow should open the main set and lead into Hysteria and then Dead Cuts.

Time is Running out > Plug In Baby > KoC should close the main set.

Encore 1: Exogenesis > Showbiz + ashamed

Encore 2: Apocalypse Please > Bliss (ext.) > Stockholm Syndrome