Eh. I don't like songs played over-tempo. It makes them sound rushed, you don't get the sense of scale, buildup and tension, and you don't enjoy the good bits as much when they're shorter. It's not hugely important on CE... however on very old versions of Space Dementia, it was miles too quick.

The nature of being on stage if you nearly always play everything faster as you're completely on edge, trying to not make mistakes and all that.

Criticising a band for trying too fast is utterly stupid as it really can't be helped as the musicians often think they are playing at the correct tempo and often to the crowd, it doesn't feel that fast... only watching it later when you're sat down. :)

So, you think Muse are more awesome than Nickelback. So you're saying that Nickelback are still awesome?

Hmm, you're right! I should change it to

Muse sucks, Nickelback rocks

...is completely the opposite of what I think.

The nature of being on stage if you nearly always play everything faster as you're completely on edge, trying to not make mistakes and all that.

Criticising a band for trying too fast is utterly stupid as it really can't be helped as the musicians often think they are playing at the correct tempo and often to the crowd, it doesn't feel that fast... only watching it later when you're sat down. :)

Oh, I get that. But compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6CpJ3-BzNA

to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkgC88ZvPak

It's a really, really, really minor thing (all of 20 seconds difference in a 6 minute song), but I'm a perfectionist :p

There's perfectionism, then there's plain retarded ;)

Heh, probably. It's more of an intuitive thing. Should probably just ignore it tbh. I just think the first one sounds really good, but the second one is truly epic.

Heh, probably. It's more of an intuitive thing. Should probably just ignore it tbh. I just think the first one sounds really good, but the second one is truly epic.

You're watching videos back from the comfort of your home, being there is a totally different thing.

I did get to see these songs played live and it honestly didn't feel fast at the time, looking back now, it was, but you can't criticise a band for being caught up in the moment, if a band played at the "correct" tempo, they are not playing with passion.

MOTP,Hoodoo and TAB are the three best songs from BH&R.

Remixes are crap.

1. Replace one of them with KoC, and I agree.

2. Aye, but Resistance (Tiesto Remix) is surprisingly decent.

Anyway, I take back my comments about MK Ultra. It is now my third favourite song on the Resistance:

1. Overture

2. USoE

3. MK Ultra

4. UD

Guest hysteriaaah
Nickelback is more awesome than Muse

...is completely the opposite of what I think.

I know a girl who is apparently a big fan of muse. That made me want to be friends with her. :D

But then I heard her other favourite band was Nickelback. :noey: :noey:

Oh and I change my mind about the worst song on Showbiz thing. Fillip is actually half decent. Overdue is definitely the worst. :p

Yeah..Wasn't it about Matt's parents getting divorced?

Agreed. I think Sober and Overdue are tied for my least favourite :p

Sorry to bring up an old discussion but i noticed this thread in my daily rummaging.

Escape had an extra meaning for me as I can relate to it being my parents broke up a fdew years ago when I was obsessed with this song and all their earliest stuff.

It is just one of those songs which is so raw and eomotional and the emotion ciomes out in both the lyrics (which are IMO the harshest lyrics of any Muse song EVER) and the music - I mean that solo.... Phwoar!

T'is :awesome: One of my favourite songs from Showbiz!