Does Soldier's Poem have a bandwagon of hate? 99% of talk I see about it seems to vary from 'meh' to 'decent'.

Songs like NSC, Guiding Light and Big Freeze are comedy bad for me. The 'so awful it's funny and becomes enjoyable' category, as it were. Bit like Nic Cage's Wicker Man.

Plus Agitated would've been more fun an inclusion.

:vomit:

Of all the songs I'd swap onto Showbiz, Agitated would be one of the last. Wouldn't fit at all imo. Spiral Static's a fairer shout though since it was originally supposed to be on the album iirc, even if I find it pretty boring.

Songs like Guiding Light, Soldier's Poem, and Neutron Star Collision are decent and enjoyable songs. A lot of people just like hopping onto bandwagons of hate so they don't feel weird or left out. My opinion of course, no argument required. Thoughtful discussion always welcome however.

I love good pop music. Especially pop artists of today like Marina, Lana Del Rey, Bruno Mars, Adam Lambert etc. A good pop song is a good pop song.

But Muse are very far from what today's pop has to offer. They're occasionally horribly outdated, even to the point where their albums from 15 years ago sound more current.

I think NSC and Guiding Light are perfect examples of that. And I honestly think that a lot of today's hits have more thought and work behind them in terms of melody than some of Muse's singles. Now there's a controversial opinion for you!

Songs like Guiding Light, Soldier's Poem, and Neutron Star Collision are decent and enjoyable songs. A lot of people just like hopping onto bandwagons of hate so they don't feel weird or left out. My opinion of course, no argument required. Thoughtful discussion always welcome however.

I've never understood the hate for Soldier's Poem. I just don't think it fits in the same cheese category as the other two mentioned there, and the harmonies are lovely, even if a complete Beach Boys/Bohemian Rhapsody ripoff. It's one of Matt's nicer vocals as well.

I love the fact that Big Freeze doesn't really get mentioned that much when we're ripping Muse songs to shreds ("Fight (FIGHT!) Or will you show me mercy (ME-URRRR-SEE)!!" etc.) - my personal theory is that it's so bad that a lot of us have subconsciously tried to forget it even exists...

I love the fact that Big Freeze doesn't really get mentioned that much when we're ripping Muse songs to shreds ("Fight (FIGHT!) Or will you show me mercy (ME-URRRR-SEE)!!" etc.) - my personal theory is that it's so bad that a lot of us have subconsciously tried to forget it even exists...

Big Freeze is an awesome song, which has terrible lyrics. Fight me.

On Showbiz I'd have taken out Overture and maaayyyybbeee Sober and put in SS and possibly Recess. Maybe even Con-Science or DWNT?

I know there's that other thread for this but mine is usually:

Con-Science

Uno

Sunburn

Cave

Falling Down

Spiral Static

Showbiz

Host

Recess

Do We Need This?

Muscle Museum (Full Length Version)

Hate This & I'll Love You

Chorus > outro > bridge (that G#5 :awesome:) > verse

Chorus > verse > bridge > outro

I know there's that other thread for this but mine is usually:

Con-Science

Uno

Sunburn

Cave

Falling Down

Spiral Static

Showbiz

Host

Recess

Do We Need This?

Muscle Museum (Full Length Version)

Hate This & I'll Love You

Chorus > verse > bridge > outro

I thought you loved Fillip?!

And no way is the Micro Cuts outro worse than the verse.

I thought you loved Fillip?!

I find Spiral Static kinda dull so I'd probs slot Fillip between Sunburn and Cave. Then maybe move Falling Down between Fillip and Cave, like on the album.

And no way is the Micro Cuts outro worse than the verse.

the verses are amazing tho

Those eerie falsettos, swirling synths and stabbing guitar arpeggios >>> good but fairly bog standard drop D riffage

Who'd have thought a British rock band, influenced by Jazz, psychedelia, electronic music, music concrete, experimental music etc, mashing up personal and political themes to produce concept albums would still be a bit difficult for people in 2016 that they'd right it off as "weird electronic shit"? :LOL:

Kid A starts with a synth keyboard line, surely that's weird electronic shit.

Amnesiac opens with some electronic drum beats :vomit:

In Rainbows' opening is in 5/4! Again, weird pretentious stuff, different for the sake of it.

That's why you should stick to Muse, its not like they've ever used synths, electronic percussion or anything outside of 4/4. Noap.