USoE is shit. MK Ultra is bland. Uprising is dull. Supremacy is annoying. Unsustainable is irritating.

Undisclosed Desires is better than all of them.

And so is Endlessly.

What the actual fuck.

Big Freeze is MotP 2.0 and almost as good.

It's almost offensive how wrong this is. Map is a very melodic song that evokes some feeling of sadness and is legitimately a good song, whereas Big Freeze is just Matt pretending to be that cunt from U2 Bono.

It's almost offensive how wrong this is. Map is a very melodic song that evokes some feeling of sadness and is legitimately a good song, whereas Big Freeze is just Matt pretending to be that cunt from U2 Bono.

Comparing those incredible vocals to Bono is offensive :noey:

A song has sequenced delay = it's map 2.0

Forget about everything else of course

Yeah forget that they have a similar lyrical theme, or a similar melody in the chorus, or that they have a similar tempo, or that they're written in similar keys.

"Lyrical theme"?

MotP is about heartbreak, BF is about a struggling relationship. Arguably the latter is a more mature version of the former.

And of course they both have those fucking astronomy metaphors.

Also I don't really hear the similar melody in the chorus.

They have pretty much the same notes...

Edit: http://picosong.com/CBYy/

Edited by Espectro Cuatro

Big Freeze has the lyric "...clouds of gas". It therefore cannot be good by default.

BF isn't even 1% of MotP. It's a c-side, at best, like Guiding Light and Exo-Politics.

I forget just how shit Muse can be at times.

Big Freeze has the lyric "...clouds of gas". It therefore cannot be good by default.

BF isn't even 1% of MotP. It's a c-side, at best, like Guiding Light and Exo-Politics.

I forget just how shit Muse can be at times.

Exo politics is a good song though.

Exo Politics is a fantastic song as is City of Delusion

Feeling Good was a great cover (although live it declined majorly to the point of why keep it around)

Undisclosed Desires is actually a decent song

Hate This & I'll Love You is blegh

Follow Me was awesome live

They may be back-to-back on BH&R but the gulf in quality between EP and CoD is probably the largest of any two Muse songs on any Muse album.

CoD I'd put right up there with their absolute very best. It's brilliant in every respect, it shows of Muse's versatility in just five minutes, not unlike B&H does.

It has some of Matt's best vocals and string-work, Chris' bass fits so well, as does Dom's drumming and it's also a bit different as it has a mariachi vibe, plus trumpets, and is one Muse's rare acoustic moments.

I was fortunate enough to see it live twice on the BH&R tour and it blew me away.

EP leaves me utterly cold. I hated it when I first heard it in 2005 and it's still among my absolute least favourite Muse songs to date.

I find Exo-P pretty good, though I never listen to it alone.

BH&R in general is a fantastic album. In terms of individual song quality I usually toss up between Abso and OoS, but as a start-to-finish listen, BH&R has to be my favourite, precisely because it has songs like Soldier's Poem, Exo-P and Hoodoo. I never stop and think "damn I want to listen to Exo-Politics now," but in the context of the album it is brilliant.

Honestly, for me BH&R works best as a complete album (with the possible exception of Absolution, which I rarely listen to despite the quality of the songs because the production puts me off), even if it isn't their best collection of songs, and despite the huge shifts in tone and genre throughout.

Re Exo Politics: It isn't interesting enough to hate.

I find BH&R impossible to listen to in full, frankly.

Starlight, Soldier's Poem, Invincible, Assassin (album version is shiiiite) and Exo-Politics kill it dead.

Shame, because the rest is immense.

If BH&R had run:

Take A Bow (w/ live outro)

Map Of The Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Assassin (Debase)

City Of Delusion

Hoodoo

Knights Of Cydonia

It would be the best Muse album by far.