Like you said, both tracks need to be the same volume to eliminate placebo effect. Is there a better technique than normalising?

My understanding is that vinyl artifacts might interfere with the peaks etc. and make the vinyl result quieter.

Not really, would need to be involved right through the entire process/have access to all that to truly conduct a scientific test.

Not sure what you're trying to say there about vinyl. If vinyl interferes with transients/peaks, then it is either compressing or distorting them, the former allowing for more gain and the latter will add harmonics, increasing the perceived volume.

Vinyl has difference characteristics to digital/tape, so what is required for loudness is different. Things like the shorter the track, the louder the record can be.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this one is controversial but stil:

Wembley 2010 isn't that good of example for second night syndrome.

I'm pretty sure the people who only went on the first night will disagree. Hell, I was at both nights and I disagree as well.

It's a good example but people overexaggerated the hell out of the first night's lack of quality.

NSC + B&H + IBTY + SP vs. Bliss + Map + MK Ultra + Citizen Erased + Ruled By Secrey.

I thought NSC was badass live during the TR tour. Butterflies is always cool and I'm a big fan of IBTY live as well. I also enjoyed Soldier's Poem the two times I saw it. That said, the performances were miles apart. The only song that was performed better on the first night was Resistance.

It was on the second night that they actually made an effort and they were on fire throughout the entire gig. Second night had the best performances I've ever heard of Bliss and Take A Bow. Hell, even KoC stepped up a bit. Not to mention that the setlist was infinitely better from the point of view of someone who doesn't like NSC, SP or IBTY live (like I do).

EDIT: Also, the second night wasn't plagued with New Born. That's always a plus.

They were two very different types of gigs.

Night one felt more casual, relaxed and easy going. Like a pop concert almost. The performance was more for 'fun' than as a serious awesome live rock band.

Night two was the other side of things. For the hardcore fans who want to see nothing but pre-TR songs played live. The performance was generally tighter and the show, as a whole, just felt more like a rock show.

It really was night and day if you were going for a rock concert but I wasn't expecting much Night 1 so I loved it.

Night 1 had its moments, B&H is always badass and NSC is fun, of course Wembley 2 is with Earls Court probably the best muse gig.

My bet is we will never see it properly released, i think instead of filming it, they messed with the 360 cameras and the final product isn't what they expected.

My bet is we will never see it properly released, i think instead of filming it, they messed with the 360 cameras and the final product isn't what they expected.

We won't see it live because they are dumb. People would literally throw money on that shit. It's nothing but spite towards their fanbase.

Eh, I enjoyed that night and I was there. It didn't touch Reading 2011, though.

Reading and Leeds were both grossly overrated. I enjoyed seeing OoS just as much as anyone else, but at the same time, the second night at Wembley 2010 was probably the better overall gig.

We won't see it live because they are dumb. People would literally throw money on that shit. It's nothing but spite towards their fanbase.

No what i meant is the gig is unreleasable, not for the fans, of course, but for the general market.

Film a gig for a release is expensive, you have to add more camera angles, make the post production and add overdubs if needed. If i'm not mistaken, for the Wembley gigs they only had the usual crew, with cameras for the big screens and nothing else. In these case, they usually record only what the screen shows, that means a video with almost non presence of the bassist and the drummer, wrong angles, very few audience shots... that kind of things. Compare it with HAARP or Rome. with a lot of camera angles, shots of all members of the band, general venue shots, excited members of the crowd...

Is just specualation, but i think they filmed the Stade de France gigs with real film cameras for a proper Blu Ray release and Wembley with 360 cameras for an online release, then the whole Reading & Leeds thing happened and they decided they will did a film of that instead, but the BBC never sell the footage to them, so they were stuck with the 360 footage of Wembley and Reading, unreleaseable for the general public in a traditional way (DVD/Bluray).

Maybe if we are lucky someday we'll have the audio of Wembley and the film of Stade de France.

wat

:LOL:

Horrible grammar aside... what you don't understand? I'm basically saying they never wanted to do a proper release of Wembley 2010, like the HAARP gigs or Rome, for example, and we will be lucky if they decide to release the audio.

I would want to know what Muse have in their archives.

I'd probably take Brisbane 2 over Wembley 2.

Yeah, the gig that everyone said was shit (despite the setlist). At least Wembley 2 was actually good.

No what i meant is the gig is unreleasable, not for the fans, of course, but for the general market.

Film a gig for a release is expensive, you have to add more camera angles, make the post production and add overdubs if needed. If i'm not mistaken, for the Wembley gigs they only had the usual crew, with cameras for the big screens and nothing else. In these case, they usually record only what the screen shows, that means a video with almost non presence of the bassist and the drummer, wrong angles, very few audience shots... that kind of things. Compare it with HAARP or Rome. with a lot of camera angles, shots of all members of the band, general venue shots, excited members of the crowd...

Is just specualation, but i think they filmed the Stade de France gigs with real film cameras for a proper Blu Ray release and Wembley with 360 cameras for an online release, then the whole Reading & Leeds thing happened and they decided they will did a film of that instead, but the BBC never sell the footage to them, so they were stuck with the 360 footage of Wembley and Reading, unreleaseable for the general public in a traditional way (DVD/Bluray).

Maybe if we are lucky someday we'll have the audio of Wembley and the film of Stade de France.

This entire post is a crapload of nonsense.

They don't need a proper release. It wouldn't be a smart move anyways since it's a 3 year old concert and counting.

It's not a problem, some old gigs have charm, i'm thinking in Earls Court, Wembley Arena 2006 and that Wembley 2010. They could sell them as ''legendary shows of Muse finally available'''

Might as well make a quick edit and let the fans and attendees have it.

You mean like Seattle? That will be wonderful, but that mean zero profits.

Unless it was more than one gig, and it got some massive promotion I don't see an old gig being profitable

LIVE BOX SET THEN! :awesome:

London Astoria 2000

London Arena 2001

Earl's Court 2004

Wembley Arena 2006

Wembley Stadium 2010

Stade de France 2013

Zepp 2013

I think they could market, and maybe even profit off of, an "anniversary collection" of gigs from different years.

Of course, if they *did* market it, I feel like it would be along the lines of "Starlight '06-'13" and "a visual history of Feeling Good live," instead of what we want to see.

And, of course, there's the huge issue of actually profiting off of those gigs if they didn't resign with Warner.

I feel the best thing to do would be to release footage for fans, and not some "official" release; the self promotion alone would be worth it.

Controversially: I really don't think I'd buy a purely audio release...