My opinions have nothing to do with Glasto, sorry to say...hope nobody minds the derail...:$

1) I don't think Take a Bow is that good.

2) It's okay that Muse made a bad album--if you consider TR to be a "bad album".

Musicians make bad albums. Epic, legendary musicians have made "bad" albums and they are no less epic or legendary for having made them. Muse is no exception to this. They're not infallible or untouchable, they just happened to put together an album that missed the mark with some fans...and that's okay. The fact that TR isn't universally embraced doesn't mean that the end is nigh. It just means Muse will have more critics to answer with album number six.

3) Oh, and going back a few pages about :dom: and his drumming...he's not John Bonham, Keith Moon, Neil Peart, or Ginger Baker...but he more than gets the job done and Muse wouldn't be Muse without him.

I agree. But TR is not a bad album, it's amongst their best.

I agree. But TR is not a bad album, it's amongst their best.

I think TR is a good album, but not one of their best, even though I did think it was their best when I was first getting into it. The tracks aren't that bad, but I simply don't think it is as good as some of their others. The only tracks that really stand out to me are Exogenesis, USoE, and to an extent, UD.

Musicians make bad albums. Epic, legendary musicians have made "bad" albums and they are no less epic or legendary for having made them. Muse is no exception to this. They're not infallible or untouchable, they just happened to put together an album that missed the mark with some fans...and that's okay. The fact that TR isn't universally embraced doesn't mean that the end is nigh. It just means Muse will have more critics to answer with album number six.

This is all perfectly correct, but you'll notice that the moaning here indicates that people are staying on, despite their obvious disappointment. If they'd given up, they'd leave.

I think this will be Muse's last tour, and they will split up in 2011. I reckon Chris will want to spend time with his ever-growing family because he's spent so much time out on tour in the last 5-10 years. The other two might decide to carry on with Morgan on bass, but I dunno.

I thought they had one more album left in their contract...

I thought they had one more album left in their contract...

I think I've read that too... It might even be two more albums but I'm not sure. From everything they've said in interviews, they seem to really enjoy what they do and - unlike a lot of other bands - seem to get along and enjoy each other's company as well. I'd be shocked if they broke up. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a fairly long break from touring though... They've been on the road almost constantly for quite a while.

This is all perfectly correct, but you'll notice that the moaning here indicates that people are staying on, despite their obvious disappointment. If they'd given up, they'd leave.

Right, and I'm not saying that people are giving up in droves or anything, just that there are fans who are dissatisfied with what they think is a "bad" album, and that it's okay if Muse did make what they (the fans) believe is a bad album. I've no idea if that sentence made any sense at all. :happy:

Also, I agree with those who have said Chris will be the first to leave, simply because he has (or will have) five children and that requires a different lifestyle than Chris currently leads with the band.

Muse still aren't a major success in America and probably never will be. They missed their chance years ago when Origin wasn't released in time in the States.

It reminds me of Placebo who never managed to become a big act in USA but I think they (Placebo) dropped the idea of topping U.S. billboard long ago when they understood they had to tour endlessly over there and completly change their music styles (marketed to be Emo as f*** and write more Electro-Disco-Dance-whatever-stuff oriented) to appeal American people (I mean they changed for the worst for the last 3 albums but it's not enough bad to top the American Billboard :LOL: ) .

Bear in mind a lot of boardies know each other (I've met loads of them!) so will indeed stay on to continue these relationships in Banter.

Fact is there are some who have given up on Muse and have sold their gig tickets.

I think this will be Muse's last tour, and they will split up in 2011. I reckon Chris will want to spend time with his ever-growing family because he's spent so much time out on tour in the last 5-10 years. The other two might decide to carry on with Morgan on bass, but I dunno.

I think this will prove to be the case too which is one of the reasons I've gone mad and bought tickets to so many Muse gigs this year.

I'll have seen them seven times this year after the Wembley gigs and wouldn't be at all surprised if Wembley will be the last gig at which I see them in their present form.

It reminds me of Placebo who never managed to become a big act in USA but I think they (Placebo) dropped the idea of topping U.S. billboard long ago when they understood they had to tour endlessly over there and completly change their music styles (marketed to be Emo as f*** and write more Electro-Disco-Dance-whatever-stuff oriented) to appeal American people (I mean they changed for the worst for the last 3 albums but it's not enough bad to top the American Billboard :LOL: ) .

I guess so, though Placebo never really seemed like the type of band that would hit it big in the States anyways. A lot of factors prevented that from happening in my opinion.

And Matt mentioned that Black Holes and Revelations was the middle of their career but who knows.

You could wrtite a book on what Matt has said and has turned out to be complete bullshit :LOL: He said they were able and looking forward to playing EVERY song from The Resistance live, they still haven't played two tracks from it, have barely played another and took a few months to play MK because it was 'too hard to play live' :LOL:

Right, and I'm not saying that people are giving up in droves or anything, just that there are fans who are dissatisfied with what they think is a "bad" album, and that it's okay if Muse did make what they (the fans) believe is a bad album. I've no idea if that sentence made any sense at all. :happy:

I've not been satisfied with 3 of my 5 Muse shows since Black Holes was released but I don't think that they've had a genuinely 'bad' album, just a couple of inconsistent ones. If I thought the album was crap I wouldn't have gone but increasingly they seem to prioritise the songs I'm not keen on as each album passes which is saddening, they still make some great music, they just don't like it or don't want to be associated with it. And I've loved 2 of the 5 shows so they still can pull it off at times

The first time I took a break from Muse I found out they aren't as good as I always thought they were. :LOL:

Sometimes it refreshes the songs so you start appreciating the ones you overplayed, but other times you start to realise some of it isn't that special at all. Goes both ways really I find. I haven't listened to Muse for ages in any sustained way

Are you serious?? Or you just like to scare the hell out of people (speaking only for myself here)?

Like was said above they have another album in contract so i am not thinking they are going to slpit before that.... Or i hope so

And to the person that said they would go on without Chris (too lazy to find the quote now that i'm already writing--'), it just wont be Muse!!! Yes Morgan is an important part, but to me Muse are and will ever be Dom, Matt and CHRIS!

And they seem to get along very well so i hope they dont split soon,just give me a few more chances to see them live before the end!!!

But also have to admit that they going to all the places they have never gone in '11 is suspicious... Hope not though!!

And they seem to get along very well so i hope they dont split soon

I don't think Chizzle was suggesting they'd split due to problems within the band.

Chris has an ever-growing family and one has to assume that as the children reach a certain age that it will no longer be possible for them to follow him all over the world, therefore Chris may have some serious soul-searching to do.

I don't think Chizzle was suggesting they'd split due to problems within the band.

Chris has an ever-growing family and one has to assume that as the children reach a certain age that it will no longer be possible for them to follow him all over the world, therefore Chris may have some serious soul-searching to do.

Indeed. That does make sense.

Right. :yesey:

Though I don't think it would necessarily be a breakup...might have a long hiatus, one more album and tour then be done. Or so I think.