Yep, he's been on twice (so far, 50 mins in). The first time for about 4 seconds talking about how lead singers can be seen as confident or arrogant and he hopes he's the former.

The second one they showed a bit of Muse at Glastonbury (where Matt had the white coat on) and he talked about how lead singers can go a bit off the rails like in Spinal Tap and they showed of clip of that (where the guy gets picky about how the meat doesn't fit in the bread for his sandwiches).:)

They've shown a lot more of Sting, Siouxsie and Iggy than Matt.

How many minutes in is the second clip?

I thought that was a bit crap actually. Not particularly deep. Just about the stereotype of a frontman. I don't think I learnt one thing!

Though I did think Matt was talking about himself when he said about the ham not fitting the bread until I read this thread! :chuckle:

I reckon Matt probably said a lot more, and was a lot more enlightening on what it's like to be a frontman, than what they put in.

Umm I'm sure he said a lot, but not sure about the enlightening part. :p

Tbh, there were more important/iconic people than Matt, it doesn't surprise me he wasn't in it for long..

I think Matt's a great frontman, but yes, there's so many other good ones as well. It's hard for me to judge a lot of them, since I'm obviously not able to see people like Mercury or Cobain live.

I think Matt's a great frontman, but yes, there's so many other good ones as well. It's hard for me to judge a lot of them, since I'm obviously not able to see people like Mercury or Cobain live.

Yea, so do I, he's pretty decent. I wasn't putting him down or anything :LOL: But with a show like this they are going to focus on the icons.

Umm I'm sure he said a lot, but not sure about the enlightening part. :p

I usually find what he says pretty open and enlightening, but anyway they did the programme how they wanted, less of an exploration of the "DNA of a rock band" as promised, rather a lot of soundbite stuff everyone knows already.

Maybe it will be better next week or it will just be a load of stuff about the huge ego of the guitarist and tell us he plucks strings and stuff.

I usually find what he says pretty open and enlightening, but anyway they did the programme how they wanted, less of an exploration of the "DNA of a rock band" as promised, rather a lot of soundbite stuff everyone knows already.

Maybe it will be better next week or it will just be a load of stuff about the huge ego of the guitarist and tell us he plucks strings and stuff.

Have you ever been on stage in a band?

It is horrible being in front of people knowing they are judging you. When I first started playing them I'd almost be throwing up beforehand and not able to talk to anyone afterwards and the only way to deal with it is just to be arrogant, actually believe you are that fucking good.

i wanna be in a band :(

You are :awesome:

It sort of made me want to be in a rock band again.

Archived