Slightly delayed response, but I thought it was an average show, and not just cos there was hardly any Bellamy. It seemed to focus, as most rockumentaries do, on 'the bands of rock history'. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but it just made it too samey. They could have branched out and focused a bit more on the present day lead singer and how they vary to the 'classic' rock legends. And even the so-called legends weren't all there. Freddie Mercury made a passing appearance; hardly a strong focus. And the likes of Robert Plant, Axl Rose and even Morrisey were pretty much ignored.

But those guys aside, it would have been a more interesting watch if there were more modern-day bands' singers. I would have liked to see what they made of Pete Doherty, Billie Joe Armstrong, Johnny Borrell, Jack White. Even Marilyn Manson would have been an interesting take - like a contemporary Alice Cooper (who got too much screen time, as did that guy from Kiss :LOL:.)

I know they can't fit every frontman, but it needed to have a bit more balance and less extra band members... they'll likely get their own slot as it's a six-part series :p.

Still, it was interesting in parts. A couple of things I did learn is that Matt''s Spinal Tap obsession keeps on growing and that freudian psychoanalysis can be thrown into any ol' debate (this week - horny rockers). :awesome:

Well The Prisoner finished 5 minutes ago and I take it Matt hasn't been on yet?

Perhaps he'll be on near the end like last week? If at all...

Yep, you haven't missed him. They showed a few seconds of Muse playing in the opening credits (same as last week) but that's it.

Archived