gigs with 200 people inside a house?!? We'll have some fucking pics please else it never happened.

Is the drummer loud? Are the drums loud enough IE does the kick go as loud as you want the guitars to go? Can the bass be heard over the drums at the volume you're talking about with just his combo?

Basically, you need to figure out what you need to put through the PA. If it's just vocals, that's easy. Anything powerful enough would do. For gigs with 200 people outside you'd need a good 500W at least IMO. Having said that there's no way you could do an outdoor gig without a mic on the kick drum.

It would also be wise to either get a PA with a decent EQ or get a rack mounted graphic EQ - so that you can cut feedback frequencies.

Haha I'll try to get someone to take pics.

The gig will be outside, and yeah, I agree. The kick drum should definitely have a mic on it. I'm thinking of going with this PA:

Behringer UB2442FX

I'm trying to keep it under $1,000.

And sorry for the late response. I hadn't checked this specific thread in awhile.

• 2 months later...
Hey Guys,

I want to get some individual effects and even though I've looked through group test to review etc, I'm still none the wiser as what to get..

I am looking for delay, overdrive, and phaser (plus any other ones if you're that excited about them ;)

cheers

Deluxe Memory Man FTW!!:D

Also , just generally, I highly recommend all Death by Audio pedals, especially the Supersonic Fuzz Gun--by far the most versatile fuzz I know of, especially since it has a gate on/of switch. You can go from a nice distortion to full-on Plug in Baby with the flick of a switch :D

who's used the marshall vintage modern, and what sort of sounds is it good for?

It's basically an old school Marshall JMP with the two channels hardwired and a master volume, so you can do the all on 11 thing with some control over the volume and roll back the guitar volume for cleans.

Bit harsh in the mids though compared to old JMPs, could be the speakers or something though.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm looking for a new delay pedal...I have my vintage DMM that I love, but I need something with tap tempo, and I don't want to majorly mod it (I am going to have Analogman work their magic on it though). I got the Vox Time Machine to solve this problem, but I don't love how it sounds, and that combined with it's relative lack of features and power consumption (I can go through one 9V in around 45 minutes), I've decided to look for something else. I'm thinking maybe a Line6 DL4 or EHX Deluxe Memory Boy (the one that does tap, triplets, etc.) because I love that DMM sound, but I'm still thinking...ideas? :$

BUMP

guys, I got myself like 1000 euros, a bit more actually, to be myself a new guitar. Would like either a Les paul or Telecaster style guitars with good powerful (passive) pickups, fat gibson Neck is a turnoff by the by.

Anything I should look at?

ESP LTD EC1000 is too metal :p or else I would've gone with something like that.

Playability and reliability are most important, humbuckers kan be replaced.

BUMP

guys, I got myself like 1000 euros, a bit more actually, to be myself a new guitar. Would like either a Les paul or Telecaster style guitars with good powerful (passive) pickups, fat gibson Neck is a turnoff by the by.

Anything I should look at?

ESP LTD EC1000 is too metal :p or else I would've gone with something like that.

Playability and reliability are most important, humbuckers kan be replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220662778242

and get some more appropriate pickups.

no?

Can't argue with a Tele. Look for a PRS SE Singlecut too. They are excellent for the money.

***New Suggestion***

Check out these pedals if you get the chance.

http://www.rockettpedals.com

I love my Flex Drive, it's my new favorite OD pedal. It's NOTHING like a Tube Screamer, and covers ground from a clean boost to a light fuzz.

JT

***New Suggestion***

Check out these pedals if you get the chance.

http://www.rockettpedals.com

I love my Flex Drive, it's my new favorite OD pedal. It's NOTHING like a Tube Screamer, and covers ground from a clean boost to a light fuzz.

JT

Wasnt the flex drive designed by that dude from Wampler effects?

The flex drive is based on their own Ecstasy drive, or so I have heard.

Either way, Rockett pedals and Wampler effects are shit hot FX, i wouldnt complain with any of them. I'm currently GASing over the Black 65. Just sounds so... BIG!

Great suggestion Impulse, i'm with you on that one.

I'll have to check on the Wampler connection. I didn't know about it until now. A friend suggested the Flex Drive to me, he's one of their beta testers and this guy has monster chops and tone so I took the suggestion.

I haven't played the Wamplers yet. They're on the list of things to try, but that list is so long I don't know if it will ever get done.

JT

tempted, but I really want to get as much worth for the money as i cang et with like 800 euros the least, i can settle for less pricey, but I'd rarther pay more for an even better guitar, ya know what I mean?

Though that Tele looks sexy as fuck.

Keep saving and get Hooglebug to make you one ;)

Keep saving and get Hooglebug to make you one ;)

Haha, yeah that was on my mind some time ago, but I've been saving mone for some time now, and I really want a new guitar!

I'm considering buying a Fender tele '72 with humbuckers and replacing the humbuckers with some that have more balls, (I really like the bare knuckle miracle man, or maybe something with alot of midrange to make my marshall JVM growl more ;))

I'm considering buying a Fender tele '72 with humbuckers and replacing the humbuckers with some that have more balls, (I really like the bare knuckle miracle man, or maybe something with alot of midrange to make my marshall JVM growl more ;))

Good shout, New reissue or vintage?

Good shout, New reissue or vintage?

New reissue, that + new pickups would probably be below 1000 euros, which is nice ;)

that is, I hear they have good playablity, still looking for a place that sells them (in the netherlands)

hmm good point, might do that later on, (or just do it as well while i'm at it)

Though don't know if it's really nescessary, or put some Gotoh's on it?

Hey, its your guitar, only you know what you want/need.

Personally though i'd go the whole hog if i had the £££ a Tusq nut and either HAPs or Locking tuners. But... Thats me! There isnt really need as it doesnt have a vibrato, so you can always save your £ sor something more important.

my $0.02

Hey, its your guitar, only you know what you want/need.

Personally though i'd go the whole hog if i had the £££ a Tusq nut and either HAPs or Locking tuners. But... Thats me! There isnt really need as it doesnt have a vibrato, so you can always save your £ sor something more important.

my $0.02

Ho much does a Tusq nut affect the guitar actually?

Ho much does a Tusq nut affect the guitar actually?

To be honest I really doubt anyone could really tell any tonal difference between a plastice nut and a tusq one, but there definitley is an element of tuning efficiency improvement. On my guitar when it had a plain plastic nut it would often ping when tuning as the G and B got stuck in the nut (though that probably has more to do with slot size and thing up a gauge...) but I've never had any problems with a graphtech nut.and tuning is super smooth. For the fiver they cost, you may aswell :happy:

Archived