Which would you think is better?

Marshall JCM 600 head or Peavey 5150 combo?

I'd like versatility and a good clean channel, which the 5150 lacks in from what I heard.

You want a peavey classic for good clean. Guitarist from Biffy Clyro swears by it. Actually my valveking combo does a good clean tone but its gain channel is mushy (a fault of the speaker I'm told). I can't remember where I heard it but I recall transformer problems with the JCM600, which considering the model wouldn't be an easy thing to replace.

Don't really like Peavey amps, but the classic series are good.

Nothing wrong with a good Marshall at all...

it seems that most of the amps I prefer are made in England (Marshall, Orange, Hiwatt, etc)

Only American amps I've ever liked are probably (very few) Mesas and some older Fenders.

on a side note, tell me about 'the sweet', Haze - I still can't decide on a fuzz pedal. :(

Can anyone recommend a decent compressor? If you say Boss CS-3 I'll slap you.

I've looked at the Carl Martin compressors but I'm not sure if they're for me. Maybe a Alesis compressor would work out but I'm only compressing a guitar signal so I don't think I'll need it.

No price set so just throw me some ideas.

Everyone used to wank over the Keeley. I never really liked it.

I'd be more interested in a multiband but I have no idea if there are any in guitar pedal format...

I MAY GET A KEELEY COZ MATT HAZ WUN ITZ SEW COOL WEN I COMPRESS MAI FUZZ FACTORY.

lol but seriously, I can't think of any compressors that aren't either going too completely destroy my signal with compression that's a bit too heavy even on minimal settings.

I use a Digitech bass comp, and I've never had any problems with it. It has low and high band tone controls, with a crossover knob as well. And you can get one for about $40-50. Doesn't color tone at all as far as I can tell. Has both wet and dry outputs. Solidly built. Did I mention it's cheap as hell?

Archived