Just need to get an EQ for the more lead sound tbh. The rhythm sound I've got is exactly what I like. But when it comes to lead it does need a mids boost. Also it'd be nice to get a lot more sounds out of it other then just what I'm limited to at the moment.

whats the deal with this.

the EHX Memory man (analogue delay) is valued at around 200 pounds, and in my opinion, a fantastic pedal at a reasonable price for what you get. however the stereo memory man with hazarai is like 130, PLUS it has a looper and more features. Both are analogue, so whats going on?

Sam - It sounds like you just want the one EQ for solos, but are interested in something more flexible?

I just bought a boss GT6-B for £100. I'm sure you could get a guitar one for not much more. From what I see (not read the manual yet) you could set up as many EQ patches as you want and switch with MIDI.

Is the Boss EQ-20 (or whatever it's called) MIDI controllable?

Otherwise it might be easier to buy a stereo EQ rack, and just use your existing switcher to switch between L, R, and bypass. That'd give you an extra 2 EQ options.

the EHX Memory man (analogue delay) is valued at around 200 pounds, and in my opinion, a fantastic pedal at a reasonable price for what you get. however the stereo memory man with hazarai is like 130, PLUS it has a looper and more features. Both are analogue, so whats going on?

How can the looper be analogue? What has anything being analogue got anything to do with price?

The price they sell pedals at depends on the price it cost them to make it, plus their (EHX and the retailers) standard margins. From this elusive peice of common sense we could deduce that the memory man costs more to make/supply than the mm with hazarai.

Sam - It sounds like you just want the one EQ for solos, but are interested in something more flexible?

I just bought a boss GT6-B for £100. I'm sure you could get a guitar one for not much more. From what I see (not read the manual yet) you could set up as many EQ patches as you want and switch with MIDI.

Is the Boss EQ-20 (or whatever it's called) MIDI controllable?

Otherwise it might be easier to buy a stereo EQ rack, and just use your existing switcher to switch between L, R, and bypass. That'd give you an extra 2 EQ options.

Cheers Tom you're a legend! I think I'll go with the stereo EQ rack. :happy:

To be honest, I don't know enough detail about the actual features, but down to the price difference, I suspect you're wrong. The standard MM is probably a very high quality analogue delay circuit. The MMwH is probably a digital looper with analogue-delay-emulation. The cheap price of chips v the expensive price of high quality analogue audio components.

Obviously I could be wrong as I don't know the details. It could be as simple as.... the MM was made when they bought the metal cases at $20. When they came to make the MMwH they bought a new lot of cases but this time they were $5. The price of MMs will come down when they run out of $20 cases.

Sorry, not very helpful.

The Stereo MM with Hazari is a digital delay ;)

Don't think I've ever seen an analogue delay with a reverse mode, nor a 30-second looper (though there is the Zvex Lo-Fi Loop Junky, which is about 16secs of really lo-fi loopage)

Im looking for something like the memory man, but it seems very expensive. Thats why i was looking at the digital version. Will the harazaisaisaiizizaii* still give me some nice church like reverb and vibrato features?

* who the fuck named that.

it's a delay, it won't do church style reverb :)

and you should have got in there before DMM's started going up in price :p

Im looking for something like the memory man, but it seems very expensive. Thats why i was looking at the digital version. Will the harazaisaisaiizizaii* still give me some nice church like reverb and vibrato features?

* who the fuck named that.

I failed at buying someone's DMM from here. When I went into the shop all their units wouldn't work (srswtf, EHM have a bad rep for this?) so I got an MXR Carbon Copy analogue delay pedal, it's absolutely what I wanted to get, sturdy and works everytime.

However if you absolutely must have the vibe etc... that the DMM also does you don't really have any options.

I failed at buying someone's DMM from here. When I went into the shop all their units wouldn't work (srswtf, EHM have a bad rep for this?) so I got an MXR Carbon Copy analogue delay pedal, it's absolutely what I wanted to get, sturdy and works everytime.

However if you absolutely must have the vibe etc... that the DMM also does you don't really have any options.

i've never seen a dead EHX pedal. they were probs using the wrong adaptor, it needs 24v.

Well... I'd say get a distortion of some kind, because every pedal setup needs a distortion. But whatever you do, don't get a Behringer. It's fucken gay. I'd send you mine for 30pounds. Bit expensive for a doorstop but it is a pretty colour. I don't know how much pedals are there though so I don't even know where to start looking.

Archived