Yes and no. i would never kill the man, I have too much love for him. That said I really want somwthing different in the fall. Just a one or two song difference would make all the difference in the world.

You should've signed it "Love, Seth" and put xoxox :happy:

You could threaten to shove the megaphone in assorted places rather than beating him to death with it.... but then, you never know, he might like the sound of that :erm:

I see where you're coming from but at least that won't have an impact on the end result. If they're picking out 1 or 2 songs from the poll in addition to what they already have on the setlist, then it should be fine too. Err.. as long as they don't end up saying "we're gonna play Starlight twice!!" yuck

I agree with your idea for the voting. I think thats what they'll probably do anyway in all honesty.

I figure that is what they'll do also, like if #1 is starlight they're not going to say "OK We'll play that one! :awesome:", they'll pick something else from the list

I just think that if they took the obvious ones off the list they might get a better idea of what sorts of rarities people want to hear.Everyone knows more people are going to be familiar with the singles, so those are going to get votes from n00bs. If they removed them they could get a better idea of what non-singles people were aware of and wanted to hear.

but either way, here's hoping we get some good stuff out of the deal - at the least hopefully can has proshots of teh rareunz? :supersad:

It does if they're recorded! That's why I'm hoping for, good proshots of rare songs. :)

I just hope they follow through. Tori Amos had a poll very similar to this for her 2003 tour. She had some pretty oddball choices (just like Muse does.. I mean Interlude, really?), but I think at the end of the tour she really only did like 3 or 4 songs from the whole list (other than the songs that she had already been playing, just like Muse have the option to vote for) :LOL::facepalm:

Still it will be very nice for them to pull out some old gems and get them recorded, even if not professionally. And it'll be a good warm up for the Fall US shows!!!

I figure that is what they'll do also, like if #1 is starlight they're not going to say "OK We'll play that one! :awesome:", they'll pick something else from the list

I just think that if they took the obvious ones off the list they might get a better idea of what sorts of rarities people want to hear.Everyone knows more people are going to be familiar with the singles, so those are going to get votes from n00bs. If they removed them they could get a better idea of what non-singles people were aware of and wanted to hear.

Or maybe they included the popular songs because they really want to see how many votes they get. Perhaps they were curious to see if Feeling Good is really as despised as it appears. :chuckle:

Well, yeah, but I mean it'd be more useful if it applied to the autumn US dates (which STILL haven't been announced) :p

But it gets our voices heard. I only voted for festivals, thinking they're more likely to be shared/released to us. (Aren't they??)

I voted for a few that weren't exactly my top faves, but looked likeliest to win. But most were my personal faves. Go Darkshines! And Megalomania! :D

Dear Matt,

I am your biggest fan, but I have to say if you don't mix up the setlist a little next time you are in the US I will have to beat you to death with your megaphone.

Sincerly,

Seth

PS

Will you sign my labcoat?

:LOL: nice one, you should send it to him on myspace.

Archived