:facepalm:

that is all...

As someone screwed over in Charlottesville with what I think was the same setlist you guys got, and a band that left immediately so they could get to NOLA, I'd like to also lodge my complaint :phu:

You know things are bad when teh duck... The nicest, most diplomatic boardie... has a complaint.

I is sawwy ducky.

I think we got more energy than what you guys have described, but otherwise, yeah. Safe setlist, good musically, awesome crowd/floor. What makes it worse is that we were the "night 2" of the night 1/night 2 scenario.

Damn. :noey: But that's good that the energy was there.

I'm not as mad about Sac anymore, since Voodoo was a pretty decent show to leave off on, even if it was short (CE+MKU). But if Sac was my only show, I'd be pissed!

:facepalm:

that is all...

As someone screwed over in Charlottesville with what I think was the same setlist you guys got, and a band that left immediately so they could get to NOLA, I'd like to also lodge my complaint :phu:

Oh, I didn't even notice it was same. Must be as Shiner says below people were happy with the energy. But yeah, :facepalm:

I think we got more energy than what you guys have described, but otherwise, yeah. Safe setlist, good musically, awesome crowd/floor. What makes it worse is that we were the "night 2" of the night 1/night 2 scenario.

You know things are bad when teh duck... The nicest, most diplomatic boardie... has a complaint.

I is sawwy ducky.

Truely!! I like Duck's atttitude very much.

Damn. :noey: But that's good that the energy was there.

I'm not as mad about Sac anymore, since Voodoo was a pretty decent show to leave off on, even if it was short (CE+MKU). But if Sac was my only show, I'd be pissed!

Happily it ended well for you, Jessica. For me, I resort to the quite excellent Oakland show 6 months earlier to remember how good they can be and it's not personal and I relapse into fan mode again :LOL:

I'd say we should make a scrapbook ;)

And when I say 'we' I mean other people, because I can't be bothered :chuckle:

a crapbook, you mean? ;)

I is sawwy ducky.

aww I've had my fair share of setlist beef over the last year :chuckle: I went ballistic when I saw that they played CE at Voodoo... i was actually quite furious :$:LOL:

Man are we really calling Bliss, B&H and Sunburn rarities?

Well, how do you define rarity? Sunburn was played, what, twice in the last year? I think that qualifies it as rare. B&H and Bliss were played a couple more times in festivals, but each has been played only 2-3 times in arenas so far this tour.

B&H and Sunburn weren't played at all in the US, and there were something like 40gigs total.

So, yeah, maybe in the past they wouldn't be thought of that way, but in this, the new normal, I think they qualify as rare!

Oh, I didn't even notice it was same. Must be as Shiner says below people were happy with the energy. But yeah, :facepalm:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the same setlist. 15 songs with no US. There was perhaps more energy than Sac, can't say having not been to both, but I don't think there was as much as at previous gigs I went to. :erm: The thing is, there were 2 shows before and 1 show after that all got something "special", then ours was not only short as heck (as many on this leg were), but was bog standard...

It wasn't all bad, but for me, it wasn't a good note to end on... I left thinking I shoulda gone to NJ... or at least Raleigh.

It's like a final of a football competition, you pay so much money for something potentially brilliant, but your team isn't up to scratch. You watch in agony as the performance lessens. You're so close, but miss out on the trophy.

Everything gets worse before it picks up again, let's hope this is the same.

However, I will still buy tickets, because no matter how bad or good the setlist is, I always have a good time, even if I am a little disappointed. At least we know they are capable of brilliant setlists, it's just appalling that they haven't treat countries equally.

aww I've had my fair share of setlist beef over the last year :chuckle: I went ballistic when I saw that they played CE at Voodoo... i was actually quite furious :$:LOL:

:LOL: everyone is entitled to a beef moment or two. but you handle stuff really well. your attitude is ace.

/stuff that should be in your love boat.

and i remember the voodoo gig. i was high on morphine and mad. lmaooo.

All I was refering to is that you've supported a band that have got so far, and you've paid to watch them, but their performance isn't upto scratch, and you're disappointed by the result.

Yeah but the difference is that Muse CHOOSE to be shit, most teams have off days. No football team WANTS to lose. :LOL:

All I was refering to is that you've supported a band that have got so far, and you've paid to watch them, but their performance isn't upto scratch, and you're disappointed by the result.

Not really, since their bad performance doesn't have to be because of them. It's not like they CHOOSE to lose.

There are quite a few that will settle for a draw though :LOL:

Settling for a draw and setting out to get a draw are two different things. I never want to draw, I always want to win but sometimes, when you are playing shit or are playing a better team, it's best to play safe than throw it all away.

Basically, Muse are far too conservative, they need to be more aggressive and field an attacking set list.

Settling for a draw and setting out to get a draw are two different things. I never want to draw, I always want to win but sometimes, when you are playing shit or are playing a better team, it's best to play safe than throw it all away.

Basically, Muse are far too conservative, they need to be more aggressive and field an attacking set list.

They are basically Italian football, without the tactics.

Defensive, slow and boring.

You know I think you'll never be happy I mean, many of you people are always complaining for at least one thing... Tonight is a perfect example : if there's no rarities enough, you complain, if there's rarities, you complain.. In any case, you complain !

So.. Yeah it's annoying you know but I don't care, it's your problem after all and relativizing a bit, I think it takes all sorts to make a world..

There's no doubt it's good to have people who complain but you know there's a way to do it, a fair and respectful way which is unfortunately not yours. And it's not by complaining aggressively and angrily that you'll change something coz nobody'd like to hear such things.

Think about it..

And I take an advance on your answers by adding that it's too easy to say I'm an asshole just because I disagree with you (rightly) and that you have the right to say what you want.. We can say things but the most important thing is to say it without disrespect.

You know I think you'll never be happy I mean, many of you people are always complaining for at least one thing... Tonight is a perfect example : if there's no rarities enough, you complain, if there's rarities, you complain.. In any case, you complain !

So.. Yeah it's annoying you know but I don't care, it's your problem after all and relativizing a bit, I think it takes all sorts to make a world..

There's no doubt it's good to have people who complain but you know there's a way to do it, a fair and respectful way which is unfortunately not yours. And it's not by complaining aggressively and angrily that you'll change something coz nobody'd like to hear such things.

Think about it..

And I take an advance on your answers by adding that it's too easy to say I'm an asshole just because I disagree with you (rightly) and that you have the right to say what you want.. We can say things but the most important thing is to say it without disrespect.

Who's being disrespectful and who are you to say that we are wrong?

Think about it..

That made no sense.

Please read arguments before trying to judge anyone. No one likes ignorance.

it's not like we would have complained of ALL the shows would have gotten this treatment...or maybe we would. But are you really suggesting that there is nothing wrong? That there really isn't anything TO complain about? People are getting screwed, and by giving ONLY tonight a good setlist proved that.

Disrespect? Look at Muse for disrespect. They go on autopilot for over a hundred shows and only start getting creative at the tail end. People have been wishing and asking and in some cases VOTING to hear these songs and they decide to just start playing them in the last 5 shows of the tour. That's disrespect.

*edit - and on a side note, it's not like they only had time to rehearse these songs in the last month they've had off from touring. None of these are songs that haven't been played at some point on this tour. This whole tour is fucking rubbish.*

Disrespect? Look at Muse for disrespect. They go on autopilot for over a hundred shows and only start getting creative at the tail end. People have been wishing and asking and in some cases VOTING to hear these songs and they decide to just start playing them in the last 5 shows of the tour. That's disrespect.

:yesey:

It's especially ironic since the polls were only for the European shows.

Archived