Alysum

i just picked up the vexter series today.. i kept trying to get different tones from it.. it's hard to figure out but it seems like it's easier with 2 people. i tried doing the whole oscillate thing but i couldn't get it going. all i could get was what sounded like matt before PIB during earl's court. that annoying sound unlike the original he always does. any suggestions on doing say... using the stab.. and comp to make it "pitch-shift" i want to use my delay with it.

thanks

i.e your stab control is fucked :LOL: or your not olding the strings while youpiss aroynd with it.

drive should always be half wih no gate

anyone know if the silver manson has the vol, gate and drive settings all set inside the guitar. right now i have vol up a little, no gate, and drive at 12 oclock. i used my delay to make the oscillating sound but does it keep oscillating once you stop picking. that's normal right? also why would matt use the comp control too? stab's so much better.

i'm not playing very loudly, my strat is shielded and hardly feeds back at all unless i'm trying for feedback, the battery has been in a month or so, its not even the oscillation, i don't really care about that, its just general noisey rattling kinda sounds in the background when i play, not sure if its just picking up a lot of picking noise from my pick... maybe my pick-up is too close to the strings...

i'm using a ibanez rgr370dx (i think thats what it is haha can't remember the number stuff off hand)

a mex strat

a laney 65W solid state amp,

a DOD EQ

both guitars have MM motherbuckers on the bridge, the noise is the same on all pick ups on both guitars. thats with all other electrical devices in my room turned off aswell.

on the plus side i had a mail from Zvex repairs, they forgot to send the pot :indiff: but they are sending it tomorrow :)

sorry for such a long post

ok so i've been messing with my fuzz factory tonight and i've realised (apart from the stab movement) its not so bad, the only thing is it sounds a bit harsh to the ear with the stab maxed, so i drop the stab and its a nice smooth fuzz, but then it starts oscillating like a bitch (yeah i know thats what the fuzz factory does) so i bring up the comp to cancel out the oscillation and i want to keep the same smooth fuzz as before but then once the comp is up enough to stop the oscillation its a real decaying crackley fuzz... my question is does anyone have a good setting for nice smooth fuzz without oscillation or a setting where the oscillation is easily drowned out by the actually playing because i'm not a huge fan of the oscillating to be honest...

no my pickups are wired fine, its the same even with the standard pick ups and everything, no they aren't active either... its pretty strange, on the demo video's etc and for instance the clips Jaicen posted on the home made thread, his fuzz doesn't have the same harsh edge as mine but there doesn't seem to be any oscillation either...

ok so i've been messing with my fuzz factory tonight and i've realised (apart from the stab movement) its not so bad, the only thing is it sounds a bit harsh to the ear with the stab maxed, so i drop the stab and its a nice smooth fuzz, but then it starts oscillating like a bitch (yeah i know thats what the fuzz factory does) so i bring up the comp to cancel out the oscillation and i want to keep the same smooth fuzz as before but then once the comp is up enough to stop the oscillation its a real decaying crackley fuzz... my question is does anyone have a good setting for nice smooth fuzz without oscillation or a setting where the oscillation is easily drowned out by the actually playing because i'm not a huge fan of the oscillating to be honest...

:LOL:

You'll never get it, if you want that sound, you should have bought a Big Muff

:LOL:

noooooo dammit, i keep looking at big muffs and thinking yeah but i shouldn't spend more money on pedals... surely the FF can do something like the big muff...

using the groove as an example (and no i don't just wanna be matt :LOL:) he has a nice smooth FF sound there without the oscillation, thats the sort of thing i'm looking for. theres some stuff where the harsh high gain is cool, but i like the lower gain smooth fuzz but the oscillation seems to over power my guitars sound...

noooooo dammit, i keep looking at big muffs and thinking yeah but i shouldn't spend more money on pedals... surely the FF can do something like the big muff...

using the groove as an example (and no i don't just wanna be matt :LOL:) he has a nice smooth FF sound there without the oscillation, thats the sort of thing i'm looking for. theres some stuff where the harsh high gain is cool, but i like the lower gain smooth fuzz but the oscillation seems to over power my guitars sound...

He does the whole using the comp to gate the sound thing. I don't get how you could have a problem with it, it sustains for an age before it goes nuts.

Archived