Alysum

There isn't a protective layer over the solder. But you could easily burn out some components or tracks if you're not carefull with the soldering. By the way, B5k isn't enough. I've heard that replacing the pot with a different brand alters the FF. You need to get an exact replacement. Which I think was from Mouser electronics in the states.

If you didnt buy it from America, I don't see why you're not sending it back to where you got it from. If you did get it from America, then I guess you do have a problem. Although i'm just sending mine to the US. Parcelforce was very expensive when I got a quote online (about £35) so I'm just going for post office 'International Signed For'. They can fill in all the customs documents for me too :D

why don't you just get them to send you a new pot? solding it in doesn't look hard, i asked zach if the circuit was heat sensitive or anything and he said it should be fine, i don't think it will be at all difficult.

if put in my request for the new pot to the repairs email address, i guess they'll send it out next week, free of charge :)

Guest because
why don't you just get them to send you a new pot? solding it in doesn't look hard, i asked zach if the circuit was heat sensitive or anything and he said it should be fine, i don't think it will be at all difficult.

if put in my request for the new pot to the repairs email address, i guess they'll send it out next week, free of charge :)

good idea.

But i'm a clumsy fucker with the soldering iron. :D

haha yeah but its literally a quick heat up the solder to free the old pot, pull it out, slide in new one, heat the area which you're going to solder then dot the solder on and hey presto. hopefully the replacement pot won't be dodgey aswell :indiff: maybe if i change the battery a thrid time it'll start working like magic!

you getting one sent out also? its quite bad how many people on this message board alone have had their stab pots dying... a bit of a let down on a £200 pedal really. ah well the customer service is top notch, at least they aren't being twats about it :)

you getting one sent out also? its quite bad how many people on this message board alone have had their stab pots dying... a bit of a let down on a £200 pedal really. ah well the customer service is top notch, at least they aren't being twats about it :)

And it should teach you that you should have bought a Fuzz Probe instead :LOL:

the wierd thing is i hardly use the stab knob, only for changing the settings, i don't use it for messing with ocsillation or anything like that, i use the guitar volume for that or just use my whammy so its not like i've abused the stab til it burnt out or anything haha. my main concern is that the current going through the dodgey pot is making the sound noisey because theres a lot of background noise sometimes, i know thats the deal with fuzz factories but i have a feeling its worse than it could be. i was looking at this on musictoys earlier, makes the FF better than the probe (well as good maybe) but its an extra $99

Third Hand

i was tempted but i think it was be a novelty that i wouldn't really make much use of but would be handy for changing whammy mode, delay stuff, phase speed etc so maybe... haha dammit getting tempted now!

Wouldn't actually make it as good as, definately not better.

You'd just benefit from being able to control the Stab knob with your feet, Wah pedal style. If you've ever used a Zvex Probe pedal, you'd realise its nothing like that to use and you can do some pretty interesting stuff with it.

i already have the marshall 100w TSL, and a big muff so i already have 4 channels. just looking at some of the peoples gear on this MB they tend to focus on the effects rather than the amps. i mean sure you guys have the FF and i don't, but wouldn't you rather have a 100W head rather than a crappy MG series? IMO

Wouldn't actually make it as good as, definately not better.

You'd just benefit from being able to control the Stab knob with your feet, Wah pedal style. If you've ever used a Zvex Probe pedal, you'd realise its nothing like that to use and you can do some pretty interesting stuff with it.

Fo' Sho the probe is seriously different than that, it'd be good for doing bellamy esque stuff though.

i already have the marshall 100w TSL, and a big muff so i already have 4 channels. just looking at some of the peoples gear on this MB they tend to focus on the effects rather than the amps. i mean sure you guys have the FF and i don't, but wouldn't you rather have a 100W head rather than a crappy MG series? IMO

I don't get it, lots of people have really good amps and not a FF, your post is pretty pointless. Have you ever noticed the price difference between a FF and a TSL?

of course i have, but why have a small amp that will sound like shit with a FF than a bigger amp that will sound amazing with the FF. i'm sure people here do have better amps so stop trying to make me sound like a dumbass. all i'm saying is people should get a better amp and not be focused on pedals. trust me i would know i have like 21939823 and right when i got my amp i sold most of them (except for the remaining 7)

Archived