Alysum

hmm yeah i think thats how mine used to be but now it seems to oscillate the whole time over the guitar playing also. maybe its something to do with the battery... damn buying a big box of cheap batteries off ebay :LOL:

Its not the battery, thats something to do with your guitars, as the FF only oscillates over the guitar playing if the volume control is turned down...

ok its the same on a jackson 7 string, an ibanez rg, a fender mex strat and a shitty encore strat copy... i don't think its guitar related... guess i should probably change my battery perhaps... haze can you give me a setting that you'd use for a nice smooth sounding fuzz where the guitar cuts through the oscillation then i'll try it on mine and see what the result is... thanks :)

ok its the same on a jackson 7 string, an ibanez rg, a fender mex strat and a shitty encore strat copy... i don't think its guitar related... guess i should probably change my battery perhaps... haze can you give me a setting that you'd use for a nice smooth sounding fuzz where the guitar cuts through the oscillation then i'll try it on mine and see what the result is... thanks :)

Well I can't as your FF sounds well and truly fucked and you should really be sending it to Zvex to have a look at it.

Basically that shouldn't happen at all, regardless of how the battery is.

So I can't give you any settings, as they won't work (I can get the Groove sound easily, in fact any Muse sound is easy to achieve)

I have one questino for phil, on the High Compression setting on your fuzz factory, do you hear any noise dont touch anything metal on your guitar. I had the same problem as you did and the solution was that i didnt wire my MB properly.

is the fuzz factory suppose to keep oscillating? like i use the stab knob etc etc.. for the PIB intro then play it but afterwards if i muted my guitar.. is it suppose to keep the osciallted note or not?

If its set to oscillate, then yes, it will oscillate if you stop playing.

Is it just me or do some people get the impression people on here really don't know how to use their FFs (Then they all say they are not Matt Wannabe's :rolleyes: ) you should have done more research into FFs before you wasted money on one and then started asking silly questions about it.

Sorry if that sounded arrogant or like I'm big-headed or whatever, but it just seems that way to me at times, which is quite annoying considering I've repeatedly said to do some major research into them, try one out before you buy etc etc

And as always no-one ever listens :indiff:

If its set to oscillate, then yes, it will oscillate if you stop playing.

Is it just me or do some people get the impression people on here really don't know how to use their FFs (Then they all say they are not Matt Wannabe's :rolleyes: ) you should have done more research into FFs before you wasted money on one and then started asking silly questions about it.

Sorry if that sounded arrogant or like I'm big-headed or whatever, but it just seems that way to me at times, which is quite annoying considering I've repeatedly said to do some major research into them, try one out before you buy etc etc

And as always no-one ever listens :indiff:

..well this is a thread ALL about FF.. so why not ask people about fuzz factorys that's what this thread is for

..well this is a thread ALL about FF.. so why not ask people about fuzz factorys that's what this thread is for

Because most of it has already been covered at some point, its just going round in circles, gets tedious repeating the same thing over and over again. The only interesting thing at the moment is Phill's FF, just interested in whats wrong with it.

Because most of it has already been covered at some point, its just going round in circles, gets tedious repeating the same thing over and over again. The only interesting thing at the moment is Phill's FF, just interested in whats wrong with it.

i don't know about anyone else but i don't feel like ready 100 pages and wasting my time when i can ask a simple question and get a simple response.

i've read most of them because i did have a problem, no one aswered though, i don't really thinks it's a big deal to ask a question that's already been asked because there's so much it's hard to look at every question.

I have one questino for phil, on the High Compression setting on your fuzz factory, do you hear any noise dont touch anything metal on your guitar. I had the same problem as you did and the solution was that i didnt wire my MB properly.

i'll try that out and let you know

nope no noise on high compression.

man that chick on desperate housewives is hot haha...

ok back on topic, its strange, if i leave a note sustain for a while it take over the oscillation but on fast riffs where the note doesn't sustain then theres a constant "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" noise behind the notes... i'm pretty sure the aren't usually like that... maybe i'll ask on the ZVEX forums...

But Haze's point is that people are asking simple questions that had they done some simple research before jumping in and buying, they'd know the answers to.

But there's the Zvex board, Harmony Central, sound clips on Tone Frenzy, the Zvex site...

But the problem is that they don't ask before they buy, thats my whole point, otherwise I wouldn't have said that I get the impression that people don't know how to work their FFs, just hear Matt Bellamy uses one and go out and buy it, then ask questions to why they don't sound like Matt Bellamy.

Well here's a fucking news flash for you, Matt Bellamy rarely use his FF, just for the Groove, Eternally Missed, I'm starting to get the impression he doesn't even use it for the studio version of PIB, just the noises at the start, not the main riff, as I was using a DSL100 the other day, if you want the Muse sound, thats how to get it, the FF doesn't do Muse, just one or two parts of songs, its the DSL100 that'll get you every other Muse sound (Except Absolution stuff, but Absolution is generally pretty crap, so who cares about sounding like that album)

But there's the Zvex board, Harmony Central, sound clips on Tone Frenzy, the Zvex site...

But the problem is that they don't ask before they buy, thats my whole point, otherwise I wouldn't have said that I get the impression that people don't know how to work their FFs, just hear Matt Bellamy uses one and go out and buy it, then ask questions to why they don't sound like Matt Bellamy.

Well here's a fucking news flash for you, Matt Bellamy rarely use his FF, just for the Groove, Eternally Missed, I'm starting to get the impression he doesn't even use it for the studio version of PIB, just the noises at the start, not the main riff, as I was using a DSL100 the other day, if you want the Muse sound, thats how to get it, the FF doesn't do Muse, just one or two parts of songs, its the DSL100 that'll get you every other Muse sound (Except Absolution stuff, but Absolution is generally pretty crap, so who cares about sounding like that album)

yeah man exactly it's all the friggin DSL. i have the TSL and use the lead channel and it's amazing. i'm not sure but i think he also uses it for some part of micro cuts cause he does the stab thing before the end there. the only question i have is.. when turning the stab and getting the specific note then playing a riff.. right when you mute the strings and don't play anything is it suppose to keep ringing and sustaining even if you're not touching the guitar?

i'm sure that's why you build a cut off switch huh?

son of a bitch haha. but yeah dude DSL100 = all of his distortion (well diezel now) i even posted my settings in the FX thread to give pointers to people.

yeah man exactly it's all the friggin DSL. i have the TSL and use the lead channel and it's amazing. i'm not sure but i think he also uses it for some part of micro cuts cause he does the stab thing before the end there. the only question i have is.. when turning the stab and getting the specific note then playing a riff.. right when you mute the strings and don't play anything is it suppose to keep ringing and sustaining even if you're not touching the guitar?

i'm sure that's why you build a cut off switch huh?

son of a bitch haha. but yeah dude DSL100 = all of his distortion (well diezel now) i even posted my settings in the FX thread to give pointers to people.

Yeah, the FF does do that, and my kill switch doesn't help much :LOL: but I haven't got it perfectly wired, what you need to do to get rid of the oscillation, is just turn your volume control to zero, gets rid of it.

I was a little dissapointed with the DSL, thought it would have more bass to it than it did on the lead channel, the clean channel is so much bassier, its quite annoying trying to get a decent balance.

Hi, I was just wondering if there was anybody here on this board that has a Fuzz Probe. I'm looking at how they work, as i'm planning to build a phaser which is controlled by a theremin (I also want to build a probe!). I have a technique which I'm planning to prototype soon, but I wanted to see how Zach has done it.

If anybody would be so kind as to mail me a photo of the Probe board, front and back, I'd be eternally grateful. If I get it working, I'll also make that person a second copy, either in pedal form or to fit in their guitar for cost price.

Thanks guys,

*j

Just had a look inside, both circuit boards are glued down (There's one for the FF and another for the Probe). I don't really fancy pulling the thing apart as I need it to work for tonight :LOL:

Also in the Probe circuit, Zvex uses some IC, its a 16pin one (8 on both sides, so I think thats a 16 pin IC :confused: ), but Zvex has sanded down the top of it where the name of the IC is printed, so you can't tell what it is, and then there the usual resistors and capacitors and a couple of trimpots.

But its just working out what IC he has used and how the circuit is laid out.

There's also a Vactrol on the FF board, but no indication of what type it is.

Archived