Alysum

Just had a look inside, both circuit boards are glued down (There's one for the FF and another for the Probe). I don't really fancy pulling the thing apart as I need it to work for tonight :LOL:

Also in the Probe circuit, Zvex uses some IC, its a 16pin one (8 on both sides, so I think thats a 16 pin IC :confused: ), but Zvex has sanded down the top of it where the name of the IC is printed, so you can't tell what it is, and then there the usual resistors and capacitors and a couple of trimpots.

But its just working out what IC he has used and how the circuit is laid out.

There's also a Vactrol on the FF board, but no indication of what type it is.

hmm it might even be a programmable picaxe chip?! :unsure: tat woudl mean you'd need to somehow link the chip up toa pc with the right software and get the basic code into a document to work out what it does.

haha zvex has no idea what could be wrong with my FF, he said if a new stab pot doesn't sort it then i'm gonna have to send it to his repair guys to take a look at... i think i might be able to live with out it for a bit now that i have my sansamp :)

The fuzz factory is such a strange pedal... if you want to emulate Matt Bellamy's sound then it actually isn't that good. However, if you love Hendrix and psychedelic 60's stuff, it's amazing. Pretty much the perfect pedal for creating your own fuzzy sound. It's not too difficult to work out how to use it as long as you go by the sound of the pedal when knobs are in certain positions, rather than just setting knobs to 3 o'clock etc. For example, a good setting for me is having the drive on full, then adjusting the stab so that it squeals, then turn the comp until it sounds like someone hawking up phlegm. Then adjust the gate till the squealing just about stops, and it crackles like a geiger counter. Also, for clearer chords, if your bridge PU is highish output, lower your guitar volume pot until the sound of the FF changes, its quite noticable. This seems to add more bite and clarity to the sound. I don't understand why MB has a motherbucker, it doesn't complement the FF at all.

I love my FF :D . It's the only pedal I need. Only get one if you write songs yourself and want to use it for your own purposes, rather than just covering muse songs. It's too good for that.

its also dies really easy which is nice... haha, nah i love my fuzz factory but it has slowly gotten worse as i've had it (nothing to do with batteries) and now its pretty much un-useable so maybe its time it paid a visit to Dr ZVex...

Yeah, I had to send mine off to the US to get it repaired. Dust from halls of residence in uni interfered with the insides, I reckon. Got charged £30 in customs charges for it on the way back though, which shouldn't have happened. Zvex is a really nice person to deal with though. He gives you free stickers and badges :) .

Ooh and also, an FF in combination with a Hiwatt custom wah and a killswitch can sound exactly like an analog synthesiser. It's cool how it reacts weirdly to certain pedals in a a chain.

Try doing that with Pinch Harmonics: Have the pedal closed, play the harmonic, then open up the wah, really weird (If the wah is before the FF) I think I have tried with a Kill Switch as well. Got to love the FF for its weirdness.

I do agree with the whole not buying one to get the MB sound, you won't get it with one of these, just one or two of his sounds.

Zvex sent me a T-Shirt, some badges and stickers because he never signed my Fuzz Probe :D

hey, i am interested in buying a fuzz factory. What i really want is for it to be built into my guitar, so i can fiddle around with it without needing to bend down and do it, i was thinking of just gaffa taping it just behind my bridge on my guitar, then going from there. But i think that it would look right twatty and would be much to large, so i was just wondering, is it possible to take all the components out of the fuzz factory, and put it into a guitar?

hey, i am interested in buying a fuzz factory. What i really want is for it to be built into my guitar, so i can fiddle around with it without needing to bend down and do it, i was thinking of just gaffa taping it just behind my bridge on my guitar, then going from there. But i think that it would look right twatty and would be much to large, so i was just wondering, is it possible to take all the components out of the fuzz factory, and put it into a guitar?

just buy an ipod holder or something similar and put in there so its on your waist and mess about with it :LOL:

Why would you waste the money buying a boxed Fuzz Factory and then putting the circuit inside your guitar. What a waste of a box. Plus, common sense will tell you that of course you can take the circuit out of the box. Mansons, myself and a few others didnt use black magic to get our FF's into our instruments (although I didn't buy a boxed FF).

Why would you waste the money buying a boxed Fuzz Factory and then putting the circuit inside your guitar. What a waste of a box. Plus, common sense will tell you that of course you can take the circuit out of the box. Mansons, myself and a few others didnt use black magic to get our FF's into our instruments (although I didn't buy a boxed FF).

You mean you :eek: RESEARCHED :eek:

No, thats not even research lol. It's something anyone can work out on their own. There are only two possibilities:

a) you get shipped the circuit only

b) you take everything out the FF box

both of those are working solutions, except the first one now since Manson's have to do the installation too.

No, thats not even research lol. It's something anyone can work out on their own. There are only two possibilities:

a) you get shipped the circuit only

b) you take everything out the FF box

both of those are working solutions, except the first one now since Manson's have to do the installation too.

I mean you not using black magic :p Or they could give Jaicen an email?

You have to bend down to change settings on every other pedal you use. If your going on that idea, then really you need to have every pedal your ever going to use built into your guitar.

If you don't like bending over, you should have bought a Probe instead.

You have to bend down to change settings on every other pedal you use. If your going on that idea, then really you need to have every pedal your ever going to use built into your guitar.

If you don't like bending over, you should have bought a Probe instead.

Or just put it on a table/ ontop of your amp.

you know just for kicks i'm going to ask this but anyone in here that uses the FF for shows, do you turn the volume up on the FF first or do you use your volum of the clean first then match it with the FF. i did the whole matching thing and yeah haha feedback woo. but i turned the drive down so it won't do that. stupid FF and it's hardness finding a right sound with a tube amp.

you know just for kicks i'm going to ask this but anyone in here that uses the FF for shows, do you turn the volume up on the FF first or do you use your volum of the clean first then match it with the FF. i did the whole matching thing and yeah haha feedback woo. but i turned the drive down so it won't do that. stupid FF and it's hardness finding a right sound with a tube amp.

Never had a problem, but mines set to boost the volume and generally scare people a tinsy bit, can't remember where its set, not looked at my Fuzz Probe's knobs for about 6 months.

Archived