Muse - Under Review

Discoprincess32

Looks like an unofficial DVD to me hence why they are not usual the official Muse logo on the cover. Wouldn't be the first one anyway.

I read in NME magazine that they are releasing an 'On the Road' DVD

All that Chris mentioned was that if they were to make another DVD they wanted to go down the line of an "on the road" style of documentary not that it is def. happening.

Sorry if a thread for this already exists, did search, couldn't find one.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/02/08/muse-under-review-on-new-dvd/

To compliment with what will be a busy 2010, the creators of The Resistance/Coachella’s 2010 Saturday headliner, aka the band called Muse, has announced plans for the release of a documentary DVD. Due out on March 23rd (via Sexy Intellectual/MVD Visual), Under Review looks at “Muse’s full career, from the early days to it’s current global success, and uses rare performance and interview footage of the group, contributions from their closest colleagues and from those who have witnessed and written about their journey.” Included will be the rare photos, news reports, and footage. “The finest documentary to date on this extraordinary band,” they say.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/feb/08Muse_Under_Review_Coming_To_DVD.shtml

This film looks at Muse's entire career, and by using rare performance and interview footage of the band, contributions from their closest colleagues and from those who have witnessed and written about their journey, plus seldom seen photos, news reports, scene shoots and a range of other features, creates the finest documentary to date on this extraordinary band, the music they make and the lives they lead.

Includes exclusive interviews with former manager Safta Jaffrey, legendary producer John Leckie, band engineer Ric Peet, video director Mat Kirby, official biographer and NME writer Mark Beaumont and many other close confidantes.

What turns a good band into a great one is usually just the right mix of downright dedication, damned hard work and a special kind of talent which allows for the creation of music that will touch multiple generations.

This is certainly the ingredient list which Muse have employed while creating a sound and image that has captured a fan-base larger than that of just about anyone else around at the moment.

Direct Link to Purchase:http://www.seeofsound.com/p.php?s=SIDVD554

I saw a thread about this but thought it was an unofficial DVD. Does this mean it's official? Sounds brilliant but I'm wondering why nothing has been said in Muse News.

Nope it is definitely unofficial.

If it was official it would be published by Warner, not "Sexy Intellectual" :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this DVD today and really wish I hadent. The interviews (in some parts) were very vague (by the mixers etc and when they're talking for more than two minutes they kept putting up the same pictures of muse on a loop for a few seconds), it has a cheesy muse cover backing track playing for a majority of the time which gets annoying, there isnt anything exclusive in this, the clips that are few and far inbetween look asthough they've been ripped from youtube and my biggest annoyance is that they've randomly included part of my royal albert hall dvd i edited last year half way through...

I bought this DVD today and really wish I hadent. The interviews (in some parts) were very vague (by the mixers etc and when they're talking for more than two minutes they kept putting up the same pictures of muse on a loop for a few seconds), it has a cheesy muse cover backing track playing for a majority of the time which gets annoying, there isnt anything exclusive in this, the clips that are few and far inbetween look asthough they've been ripped from youtube and my biggest annoyance is that they've randomly included part of my royal albert hall dvd i edited last year half way through...

Seriously, Get in contact with them. If they didn't ask for your permission to use your footage for financial gain, then surely thats in breach of your rights?! get in contact and get it withdrawn!

Just watched the first hour of this tonight. I definitely agree that some of the video clips are bad quality, but I'll be slightly forgiving since the clips I'm referring to were very old footage. I actually thought most of the interviews were fairly interesting, and reflected what a lot of real fans think about the music (as opposed to critics who have heard a single album once and call them Radiohead). It was quite accurate too, which is refreshing from an unofficial documentary. I don't think it's anything mindblowing, but it's worth a watch. My dad's reviewing this for an online magazine-- I'll post a link to it when it's up (probably in a week or so).

• 3 weeks later...
Just watched the first hour of this tonight. I definitely agree that some of the video clips are bad quality, but I'll be slightly forgiving since the clips I'm referring to were very old footage. I actually thought most of the interviews were fairly interesting, and reflected what a lot of real fans think about the music (as opposed to critics who have heard a single album once and call them Radiohead). It was quite accurate too, which is refreshing from an unofficial documentary. I don't think it's anything mindblowing, but it's worth a watch. My dad's reviewing this for an online magazine-- I'll post a link to it when it's up (probably in a week or so).

+1

I read your dad's review and thought it was spot on. I had very low expectations for this so I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy it. I liked putting faces to names in the "Out of this World" book and I thought it was very informative about the band's early years and especially the making of Showbiz and OoS. There were also several old photos that made me :LOL:

Archived