Which Muse song or riff makes your head stand on end whenever you hear it?

MattB47

Take a Bow. I dunno why, but I've recently bumped it to my second favorite song. The guitar is really simple, but with all the arpeggios and stuff it sounds really cool. Weak, I know, but it's so good. Plus the really high note and harmonies at the end. :yesey:

totally love that song too gah! get's me every time. That and hoodoo. :happy:

I love that scratching noise at the beginning of Hyper Music, I can't for the life of me know how Matt did it.

Its Matt just scratching the strings with his pick with distortion turned on. But yeah, it is a good intro.

I love that scratching noise at the beginning of Hyper Music, I can't for the life of me know how Matt did it.

I think I now the bit your talking about. You can get the sound by scratching the pick sideways along the E,A and D strings.

Mmmm Hoodoo...just fell in love with that one a couple of weeks ago. 'Tis beautiful, I never realized. Stupid KoC distracting me while listening to BH&R.

Yea I know what you mean. In my case it was TaB that distracted me, but after awhile I just put the cd on repeat and eventually listened to every song! xDD

It's hard to do that sometimes, so I have to trick myself into doing something while I listen so that I'll be too distracted to change to a song I'm addicted to at that moment! ^^

It's a nice trick, works every time and I use it for every cd I buy! :LOL:

Yea I know what you mean. In my case it was TaB that distracted me, but after awhile I just put the cd on repeat and eventually listened to every song! xDD

It's hard to do that sometimes, so I have to trick myself into doing something while I listen so that I'll be too distracted to change to a song I'm addicted to at that moment! ^^

It's a nice trick, works every time and I use it for every cd I buy! :LOL:

'Tis a good idea. I will try it whenever I decide to relisten to Showbiz and see if I like any of the songs on there anymore. :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

From Wembley 2007:

-Riff at the end of Blackout makes me want to melt into a puddle

-Riff right before the bridge in Hysteria

-Intro to Invincible

-All of Stockholm Syndrome kicks serious ass (the last "I wish I could!" definitely gives me goosebumps! Not to mention his mad riff skillz at the end! I could honestly go on and on about this song...)

-Sing for Absolution (I shiver just thinking about it)

Others:

-Glorious

-KoC - Especially when he first starts singing "No ones going to take me alive..."

-Darkshines -His voice is so damn sexy in this song, espcially during the verses

-Unintended

-Sing for Absolution (again)

-Fury intro and solo riff (f**king sick! {the good kind!})

...to name a few... :\mm/:

stockholm syndrome outro

pre-time is running out riff - wembley 07

blackout riff - wembley 07

all of bellamys rage against the machines riffs e.g. maggies farm after MoTP

invincible solo ftw

piano thing i believe its called

osaka jam/drum n bass

the last part of citizen erased...

Wash me away

Clean your body of me

Erase all the memories

They will only bring us pain

And I've seen, all I'll ever need

the way he sings and everything...just perfect.

it gives me goose-pimples everytime i hear it

(can you say that?:LOL: sorry fpr my english;))

• 2 months later...

Archived