Which Muse song or riff makes your head stand on end whenever you hear it?

MattB47

The big fat thrusty riff on Hysteria as the chorus ends.

Space Dementia; the piano rolls (for want of a better word) do it for me; the drama of it all!!

The piano, especially how it fades away at the end of Ruled by Secrecy

The bit where the guitar kicks in big time on New Born

The riff on Plug in Baby; just a classic, what more can be said?

The woozy introduction to Sing for Absolution

All of Stockholm Syndrome and Supermassive Black Hole

I could go on and on and on and on.......

My absolute number 1 would be the screams from Shrinking Universe ex aequo with Hate This & I'll Love You.

The guitar outro of Cave gives me shivers everytime. The live outro from the extended version of Bliss.

The outro of Muscle Museum. Blackout, Hyper Chondriac Music with the "I don't love you" part. Darkshines, Showbiz.

oh yeah, all the riffs from New Born... aahhh!! from the piano to the transition to the angry riffs... ooooh!!! :D

the start of stockholm syndrome, and also all the spanish-esque guitar-ness in Uno? like, after they sing the chorus for the first time... oh my god!!!

Needless to say, the two best intro riffs of any song are those of Stockholm Syndrome and Bliss.

INTRO riffs, mind you. Not riffs played in any random period during the song, so New Born doesnt fit into the category.

And no, PiB just doesnt make the cut. PiB's riff is good, but by no means excellent. The riff stands out, when compared to that of other bands but it is NOT the best Muse riff. I daresay its not even their top 5 best riffs.:eek:

When the whole song breaks down to just a synth pattern and matts vocals:

"No ones going to take me alive..."

Im getting shivers just writing it. I think its INCREDIBLY effective! :D Only the live version tho....the studio doesnt do it for me....

Definitely! That synth pattern, especially with the guitar effects, just before Matt's vocals never fails to send me chills...it's inexplicable...I don't know if that's the same part you're speaking of, but at any rate, it's powerful.

The synths in their songs often have a similar effect for me: when reversed in Endlessly beginning at 2:39, when ascending/descending in Starlight, especially when played at the lower end of the keyboard, in Take a Bow, of course, in Bliss...There are others...

in this thread I have listed others, also with guitar... Citizen Erased (especially the guitar slide at 3:48...love it)..whoa, speaking of CE, funny coincidence, just as I was typing this, my music library (set on random) played it...neat. Anyway, moving along...the piano intro to Newborn, the guitar solo to Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, Hyper-Chondriac Music, the piano in the Hullaballoo version of Screenager, etc...

How I adore this band...

Needless to say, the two best intro riffs of any song are those of Stockholm Syndrome and Bliss.

INTRO riffs, mind you. Not riffs played in any random period during the song, so New Born doesnt fit into the category.

And no, PiB just doesnt make the cut. PiB's riff is good, but by no means excellent. The riff stands out, when compared to that of other bands but it is NOT the best Muse riff. I daresay its not even their top 5 best riffs.:eek:

You speak sense :)

I saw you'd posted and immediately knew you'd said something like that. :LOL:

But yeah, the citizen erased solo, hysteria solo, and bliss throughout... and probably some others that escape me at this hour make my hairs stand on end.

Phwoar.

(Y)

hi I'm new:)let's see...EVERY SINGLE SONG!!expecially:

map of the problematique..the song that has started my obsession 4 muse...the intro...oh-my-god!!

falling away with u...the chorus...no words to describe it!!!

stockholm syndrome..I wish I cooouuld!!always makes me shiver!!

starlight...near the end..

muscle museum...AWESOME

new born...when the piano stops and it begin to rock!

supermassive black hole...uuuuh...u set my soul alight...matt is sssoooo sexy when he sings that!!!!!!!

Archived