Do all students at RJ take 4H2s?

And how is it? I qualified but didn't opt for 4H2 because I was intimidated...now I regret because the 4H2 classes did very well I could have been influenced by them to study harder...oh well.

Not everyone takes 4H2. People who don't do well enough for the Promotional Exams in J1 have to drop a subject to H1, or be retained. And it happens more often than the school would like to admit - I think it's a Rafflesian trait to procrastinate -_-" I can't really compare with any H1s since I don't take H1, but from what I've seen from the H1 syllabus, taking H2 was definitely worth it because lots of stuff from the H1 syllabus, especially for Math and Biology, are really nothing new at all. It's all stuff we've learned from secondary school, so there wouldn't have been much challenge at all.

Not everyone takes 4H2. People who don't do well enough for the Promotional Exams in J1 have to drop a subject to H1, or be retained. And it happens more often than the school would like to admit - I think it's a Rafflesian trait to procrastinate -_-" I can't really compare with any H1s since I don't take H1, but from what I've seen from the H1 syllabus, taking H2 was definitely worth it because lots of stuff from the H1 syllabus, especially for Math and Biology, are really nothing new at all. It's all stuff we've learned from secondary school, so there wouldn't have been much challenge at all.

Oh. Thanks for enlightening me. Do you know how much I hated Biology? It's soooo in-depth and gave me a headache. And I hated all that biodiversity stuff, it's actually quite interesting but the syllabus made it as interesting as my toenail. I actually gave up on that topic and when it appeared as a structured question in the A's I almost had a stroke.

By the way we Singaporeans should hurry up and post so that we can start a new thread..."Singapore" as a thread name is a bit dull. No offence to the threadstarter, but looking at the other countries' threads, it's pretty plain.

How does SINGapore For Absolution sound like? Sorry for all that verbal diarhoea but I'm a bit stressed here, with university applications (gasp!) and all that...

Oh. Thanks for enlightening me. Do you know how much I hated Biology? It's soooo in-depth and gave me a headache. And I hated all that biodiversity stuff, it's actually quite interesting but the syllabus made it as interesting as my toenail. I actually gave up on that topic and when it appeared as a structured question in the A's I almost had a stroke.

Why'd you take it if you hated it so much? I mean, I hate Physics, so I dropped it as soon as I could. Would have thought you would drop whatever subjects you hated as soon as you stepped into JC... I took a gamble on Economics because I got persuaded (read: blackmailed) into it. But I made sure I had interest in the rest of the subjects I took XD

By the way we Singaporeans should hurry up and post so that we can start a new thread..."Singapore" as a thread name is a bit dull. No offence to the threadstarter, but looking at the other countries' threads, it's pretty plain.

How does SINGapore For Absolution sound like? Sorry for all that verbal diarhoea but I'm a bit stressed here, with university applications (gasp!) and all that...

It's sad that we have one and only one thread thus far... (as far as I can see). And I frankly can't believe that there really are that few Muse fans in Singapore. So someone prove me wrong please?

Why'd you take it if you hated it so much? I mean, I hate Physics, so I dropped it as soon as I could. Would have thought you would drop whatever subjects you hated as soon as you stepped into JC... I took a gamble on Economics because I got persuaded (read: blackmailed) into it. But I made sure I had interest in the rest of the subjects I took XD

In my secondary school, Bukit Panjang Government High, Secondary 1 and 2 science was split up into Chemistry, Biology and Physics. We learnt the basics of what we were going to learn in Sec 3 and 4 (we didn't use the textbooks at all). In sec 2 streaming I failed my Physics module and passed the other 2, and I knew that I had no talent in Physics. So I opted for the Bio stream(Only the best students could take triple science, so even if I liked Physics, my grades wouldn't have allowed me to take triple science).

And I loved the O level Bio syllabus. It was completely different in JC. And I couldn't take Physics because I didn't have the prerequisite and I hated it. So I was basically stuck with Bio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol and it's about to be changed into a health thread soon...

I'm sorry to bring this up, but I was wondering how's the sg govn handling the possible swine flu outbreak?

If things will indeed be under control, I'll be heading to the Beerfest Asia held next to the Singapore Flyer this weekend (Can't wait! - not for the beer though lol for Vertical Horizon :] ) Unfortunately things aren't looking too good right now as my parents are rather reluctant to let me travel and spend time in a crowded area... what more with Vertical Horizon & crew coming from US! I'm hoping they do not get quarantined or anything :eek:

This thread IS too quiet. I just hop over the causeway and lurk in the Malaysian thread. They are way more action-packed. And just look at our recent posts. Talking about education. So typical of Singaporeans. Haha.

:LOL: typical singaporean first question when you meet others: what school do you come from? and for guys: what platoon? :happy:

Singapore is a real nice place!:happy:

:happy: agreed! i can't wait to go back (: oysterommmmmlette!

Singapore is a real nice place!:happy:

I don't think so. While I appreciate that it is a safe, clean country and all that, the pace of living is extremely fast. If you don't have a university certificate that's probably the end of the line for you (in most cases. Even graduates have trouble getting jobs).

And I absolutely hate the lack of nature and attractions...Singapore really is small. Sure, we are clean and modern and all that...but Singapore bores me. :( I don't understand why tourists come here. It's a place for education and work, that's all.

I don't think so. While I appreciate that it is a safe, clean country and all that, the pace of living is extremely fast. If you don't have a university certificate that's probably the end of the line for you (in most cases. Even graduates have trouble getting jobs).

And I absolutely hate the lack of nature and attractions...Singapore really is small. Sure, we are clean and modern and all that...but Singapore bores me. :( I don't understand why tourists come here. It's a place for education and work, that's all.

Was curious of what it's like that's why I went there.Umm yeh...lack of nature..being occupied now by the lots of buildings on there...but most countries are like that nowadays.Sentosa was great.I luv the cable car:LOL: There's a construction going on in there and its said to be Universal Studios..the first in SouthEast Asia,me thinks..something to look forward to for tourists.Just like you said,it's safe,clean and modern..reasons that's why tourists come in there...add up the weather(for some people that is).Tourism's good though.Probably fast-paced for you because you live there,hehe!But I think it's alright.The only thing I didn't like was the train system..or maybe I just suck at trains:LOL: (HongKong's train system is a lot easier...I love HK!)I will probably get to understood it when I come back!:p*hopefully soon*

Is education on there expensive? (say for post-grad)..just curious

Was curious of what it's like that's why I went there.Umm yeh...lack of nature..being occupied now by the lots of buildings on there...but most countries are like that nowadays.Sentosa was great.I luv the cable car:LOL: There's a construction going on in there and its said to be Universal Studios..the first in SouthEast Asia,me thinks..something to look forward to for tourists.Just like you said,it's safe,clean and modern..reasons that's why tourists come in there...add up the weather(for some people that is).Tourism's good though.Probably fast-paced for you because you live there,hehe!But I think it's alright.The only thing I didn't like was the train system..or maybe I just suck at trains:LOL: (HongKong's train system is a lot easier...I love HK!)I will probably get to understood it when I come back!:p*hopefully soon*

Is education on there expensive? (say for post-grad)..just curious

hello you guys we should talk more! surely there must be more singaporeans on here? ):

did anyone actually manage to go to that fort canning concert by the way? i'm kinda gutted that i wasn't that into them at that time :$ not to mention i had my A's that year as well, plus busy ccas so i probably wouldn't have had the time but still.. that's probably the nearest i'll come to seeing Muse live ):

personally i find singapore's pace just right really (: i came from hongkong and it's way faster there. i like it but singapore's just right, now that i'm studying in melbourne it's so slow :rolleyes:

sorry i can't help you with tertiary education in singapore, seeing as i'm studyign in aussie. (: but yeah singapore's transport system is pretty much similar to hongkong's, just that they have more dedicated services seeing as it's so huge (; all the mini vans and all.:happy:

hello you guys we should talk more! surely there must be more singaporeans on here? ):

did anyone actually manage to go to that fort canning concert by the way? i'm kinda gutted that i wasn't that into them at that time :$ not to mention i had my A's that year as well, plus busy ccas so i probably wouldn't have had the time but still.. that's probably the nearest i'll come to seeing Muse live ):

personally i find singapore's pace just right really (: i came from hongkong and it's way faster there. i like it but singapore's just right, now that i'm studying in melbourne it's so slow :rolleyes:

sorry i can't help you with tertiary education in singapore, seeing as i'm studyign in aussie. (: but yeah singapore's transport system is pretty much similar to hongkong's, just that they have more dedicated services seeing as it's so huge (; all the mini vans and all.:happy:

I didn't see Muse in Singapore...it was in HongKong that I get to see them:happy:

Agreed...HongKong's more fast-paced really compared to Singapore.But yeh Singapore's alright..would be nice to come back again.It's that slow in Melbourne?

No worries bout the education system hun...I was just giving it a thought of what's it like to study in there;)

• 1 month later...
Mind me, but which blue building? There's a lot of changes over here. Landscapes gets kinda complicated. :LOL:

The centre, is the town area. Skyscrapers, shopping malls, etc. it's where most of the energy comes from.

i think its the maybank building? the big fat one

i want a muse shirt!!!

oh where can i get a muse poster, i want one in my room

far east sells them dear (:

its a weird named shop, and its real small, like half the usual size of the shop

unfortunately i forgot the effin name, but imma get back here when i see it again

they sell band shirts, and they sell alot of muse ones, even the jacket too (:

posters i-have-no-idea-where-to-buy

but i got the tour poster form when they came here 2 years ago. i tuck it in my closet to protect it from my cats..

they have an uncanny ability to pull them down D:

far east sells them dear (:

its a weird named shop, and its real small, like half the usual size of the shop

unfortunately i forgot the effin name, but imma get back here when i see it again

they sell band shirts, and they sell alot of muse ones, even the jacket too (:

posters i-have-no-idea-where-to-buy

but i got the tour poster form when they came here 2 years ago. i tuck it in my closet to protect it from my cats..

they have an uncanny ability to pull them down D:

:eek: the singapore thread is still alive! funny how nobody ever posts here :LOL:

about muse shirts, maybe peninsula plaza has them as well? they have lots of those band tees, but then they're fake. D:

i cant believe i posted 3 times teehee.

i just joined the forums cos of what happened this morning

wee, anyone heard it too?

omgah i flipped in the bus and started SMILING and everyone started staring blerdy hell.

dan & young in the morning in 987fm (vendetta was missing), and it was their "today in history" section. then they were like "its rock legend Matt Bellamy's birthday today! He turns 3-1"

i smiled like a doo-dum, then they played a snippet of starlight. bleargh i wanted supermassive.

yeah i thought of a way of starting this thread again.

How did you get to know about MUSE?

What the first song you heard?

anyway i guess i'll start (:

THE DAY OF ENLIGHTENMENT (did i spell that right?)

heard supermassive on radio, it was the "new this week" part.

gosh i fell-IN-LOVE. requested for it like 3 times

then i went to my friends and said "you know MUSE?!!"

and they were like 'WHO?!"

so yea, practically no one knows them then, it was like 2 years ago.

but now, im in ngee ann and once in awhile i see awesome people wearing muse tees (I WANNA KISS THEM) and theyre mostly guys for some weird reason. plus they have BH&R and HAARP in the music library. i feel loved (:

:eek: the singapore thread is still alive! funny how nobody ever posts here :LOL:

about muse shirts, maybe peninsula plaza has them as well? they have lots of those band tees, but then they're fake. D:

yeaap theyve got some too (: YES I SHALL REVIVE THIS THANG! its easy to fake a muse top, just smack the logo, a few birds, and put absolution small small. HEHE

:eek: they did? i can't believe they actually know his birthday! :awesome:

hehe yes that's true, i used to get so many band tees from there. but have since stopped wearing them :happy:

Muse have become quite big in singapore recently, i remember my friend discussing starlight three years ago :happy:

dan & young in the morning in 987fm (vendetta was missing), and it was their "today in history" section. then they were like "its rock legend Matt Bellamy's birthday today! He turns 3-1"

i smiled like a doo-dum, then they played a snippet of starlight. bleargh i wanted supermassive.

yeah i thought of a way of starting this thread again.

How did you get to know about MUSE?

What the first song you heard?

anyway i guess i'll start (:

THE DAY OF ENLIGHTENMENT (did i spell that right?)

heard supermassive on radio, it was the "new this week" part.

gosh i fell-IN-LOVE. requested for it like 3 times

then i went to my friends and said "you know MUSE?!!"

and they were like 'WHO?!"

so yea, practically no one knows them then, it was like 2 years ago.

but now, im in ngee ann and once in awhile i see awesome people wearing muse tees (I WANNA KISS THEM) and theyre mostly guys for some weird reason. plus they have BH&R and HAARP in the music library. i feel loved (:

WHYWHYWHY WASNT I LISTENING TO 987 AT THAT TIME :(((((((((((((((

Any idea if i can hear a clip of that anywhere?

Day of Enlightenment: Went for a concert/gig/talentime at my bro's sch in 07

First Song: Hmm. Hysteria or Plug in Baby. Both songs were played there.

After that, it took some time, but im hooked now :)

but tbh, getting a little bored... once in a while i will suddenly have a "craving" to listen to one of their songs (today its fury ^^) , but I'm really looking forward to new material!

And i do hope their resistance tour comes to Singapore again! I got to know them only in the July of the year they did their first and only (so far) gig here :(

Anyway, when they next come to Singapore (early next year, i hope?), where would you like to see them?

I've never been to a gig, so anyone that been to fort canning, how was that?

I think the atmosphere would be great, but then again if they go to somewhere like Victoria Concert Hall... HMM THAT'LL BE INTERESTING.

It'll be rude for him not to play the beast! ^^

Yikes am I posting too much? Someone talk please! Tell me I'm not alone in this deserted place!

Anyway, was just thinking - on which radio station would I most likely get to hear Muse? I've never heard them on the radio but I've seen Muscle Museum on MTV Asia once!

And we've missed it this year, but there's always next year. and the next. and the next.

Next year, on Mattday, lets all call in and dedicate songs on the radio. If we have enough people, let's get the radio to play the whole of "The Resistance". Each person one track, one by one. I wonder how would the station respond? ^^ Maybe they will not accept dedications for the rest of the day :)

Tim

Archived