Every country has their share of good and bad.

We are modern and efficient, but as pandorasboxers (sorry I don't know your name) said, it's such a concrete jungle. Sometimes I just long for some old world charm or forest etc... It's like everybody is in a hurry, no one takes time to smell the roses.

• 1 month later...
I'm taking it this year. I assume you got your A Level results? How'd you do?

OK. I studied really hard. Really. But the papers were hard. I was expecting Ds and Es everywhere. But I got ABC for my 3 H2s. Better than expected, but still not ideal. I expected a C for Chemistry but got an A, and vice versa for Biology. And a D for Math but I got a B.

So I was pretty much ambivalent. No chance of getting into Accountancy.

Where are you studying anyway?

OK. I studied really hard. Really. But the papers were hard. I was expecting Ds and Es everywhere. But I got ABC for my 3 H2s. Better than expected, but still not ideal. I expected a C for Chemistry but got an A, and vice versa for Biology. And a D for Math but I got a B.

So I was pretty much ambivalent. No chance of getting into Accountancy.

Where are you studying anyway?

That sucks... I'm studying in RJ... damn stress now that seniors have gotten such good results... but I think the bad grade for Bio was kinda expected since the Bio paper pretty much killed everyone last year from what I heard :/ Did you take H1 Econs?Which JC were you from? And what are your plans now then?

That sucks... I'm studying in RJ... damn stress now that seniors have gotten such good results... but I think the bad grade for Bio was kinda expected since the Bio paper pretty much killed everyone last year from what I heard :/ Did you take H1 Econs?Which JC were you from? And what are your plans now then?

OMYGOD WE HAVE A GENIUS IN THE SINGAPORE THREAD.

You are from RJ? That's awesome. I was from from JJ...*feels inferior* but for the record my raw L1R5 was 11....hahaa. Bet you got a single digit.

I did not take H1 Econs. I wanted to but BCM/E wasn't available in my school.

And about the Bio thing, you are right. even friends from AC and VJ found it hard, Paper 2 at least. KILLER.:mad: But I was very confident of Papers 1 & 3.

Enough of me! How are you coping with Rafflesian J2 life?

All so smart taking As.

Me only a student at TP.:(

What course are you taking? By the way just because you're in poly doesn't mean you're not as smart as JC people. I went to JC because I still did not know what I wanted to do with my life. My cousin took the poly route and now she's in NUS;)

OMYGOD WE HAVE A GENIUS IN THE SINGAPORE THREAD.

You are from RJ? That's awesome. I was from from JJ...*feels inferior* but for the record my raw L1R5 was 11....hahaa. Bet you got a single digit.

Haha...*flushes* No lah, I'm no genius. I came from RGS, so I get direct admission into RJ. -_-" I screwed up pretty badly for Promos last year through, so I'm kinda worried about whether I can catch up this year haha.

Enough of me! How are you coping with Rafflesian J2 life?

*grins* Life at Raffles is pretty brilliant. I can't really imagine studying anywhere else... the culture is very strong, and that if nothing else binds every single Rafflesian together haha. But that also makes things much more stressful on us... it's not easy living up to the name of being a Rafflesian... everyone expects like straight As and when you don't achieve that, the feeling of failure and disappointment is much worse than the scolding you get from your parents.

I'm year 2 in media communication technology once school starts in april.

I been wanting to go poly since sec3 + i got 20 for my Os.

Don't put yourself down - Poly students can also make it as long as they work hard XD Hard work always pays off ;) I have friends from RGS who decided to go Poly instead of coming RJ with us. It's just two different routes in education.

Don't put yourself down - Poly students can also make it as long as they work hard XD Hard work always pays off ;) I have friends from RGS who decided to go Poly instead of coming RJ with us. It's just two different routes in education.

I agree with you. Hard work always pays off whether you are in poly, JC or even ITE.

Apart that,

Looks like there's only a few SG muse fans here.:stunned:

I agree with you. Hard work always pays off whether you are in poly, JC or even ITE.

Apart that,

Looks like there's only a few SG muse fans here.:stunned:

A few Singaporean fans who actually visit the boards and post, that is.

I was lurking here for a very long time.

And hard work does pay off....most of the time.

Well, sometimes you just need to start the ball rolling, right? XD Not many of my friends hang out in forums anyway, so... *shrugs*

Oh, I was just browsing through the American Idol website - One of the top 13 finalists, Allison Iraheta, put this as her favorite quote:

I will never let you go, if you promise not to fade away.

I was just like, OMG, and LOL when I read that. Most of the others listed quotes by other famous people, or like, one liners by their favorite artists. But she listed lyrics from Starlight! XDXD That just made me like her even more XP

Haha yay, the thread lives!

Nah, that's not bad at all. My brother got like ACC. And a D for GP. He could've gotten straight As if he worked hard lor. :indiff:

Haha...*flushes* No lah, I'm no genius. I came from RGS, so I get direct admission into RJ. -_-" I screwed up pretty badly for Promos last year through, so I'm kinda worried about whether I can catch up this year haha.

*grins* Life at Raffles is pretty brilliant. I can't really imagine studying anywhere else... the culture is very strong, and that if nothing else binds every single Rafflesian together haha. But that also makes things much more stressful on us... it's not easy living up to the name of being a Rafflesian... everyone expects like straight As and when you don't achieve that, the feeling of failure and disappointment is much worse than the scolding you get from your parents.

Damnit, should've worked harder in primary school and gotten into RGS. :LOL:

Random question, is the band in RJC good?

Random question, is the band in RJC good?

Which band? Haha... I have a high standard when it comes to music, so honestly speaking I think our bands are either not very good, or the audio quality in the places I've heard them perform in really sucks that badly. Accoustics in RJC sucks. So whenever I hear any of our bands playing, the sound balance is always off, and the singers usually leave much to be desired for coz the mikes are not meant for singing into. We have good players, definitely, but when you put everything together, it all comes crashing down -_-"

Which band? Haha... I have a high standard when it comes to music, so honestly speaking I think our bands are either not very good, or the audio quality in the places I've heard them perform in really sucks that badly. Accoustics in RJC sucks. So whenever I hear any of our bands playing, the sound balance is always off, and the singers usually leave much to be desired for coz the mikes are not meant for singing into. We have good players, definitely, but when you put everything together, it all comes crashing down -_-"

Lol, I mean the symphonic band. I hear that RJ's paying more attention to music, accepting many MEP students and players from the SYO. I'm thinking of DSA-ing, you see, just as a back up in case my grades can't cut it. But I don't want to spend another two years of my life playing in a crappy band. :noey:

Lol, I mean the symphonic band. I hear that RJ's paying more attention to music, accepting many MEP students and players from the SYO. I'm thinking of DSA-ing, you see, just as a back up in case my grades can't cut it. But I don't want to spend another two years of my life playing in a crappy band.

Hm... I think we're not too bad. Mostly, like I said,we have good players XD I think our percussion is especially good coz of Ura. Our conductor is quite legendary with the Rafflesian symphonic band members haha. What instrument do you play?

Hm... I think we're not too bad. Mostly, like I said,we have good players XD I think our percussion is especially good coz of Ura. Our conductor is quite legendary with the Rafflesian symphonic band members haha. What instrument do you play?

Ura?

Haha, well I'm from percussion! :D Though not a very good player, I don't mind learning stuff. Do you take physics? Haha, cos I think my grandmother's godson teaches there.

Ura?

Our conductor. He's authentic Japanese-born Mr Ura, and he's conductor for all the Raffles schools (RGS, RI, RJC) symphonic bands.

Haha, well I'm from percussion! Though not a very good player, I don't mind learning stuff. Do you take physics? Haha, cos I think my grandmother's godson teaches there.

Nope. I take BCME all at H2.

Our conductor. He's authentic Japanese-born Mr Ura, and he's conductor for all the Raffles schools (RGS, RI, RJC) symphonic bands.

Nope. I take BCME all at H2.

Do all students at RJ take 4H2s?

And how is it? I qualified but didn't opt for 4H2 because I was intimidated...now I regret because the 4H2 classes did very well:( I could have been influenced by them to study harder...oh well.

Archived