Soaked was copyrighted very recently (this year) for release by Muse (or something like that, it has most recently been copyrighted this year anyway). So it could possibly appear on the single.

Interesting! I didn't think they could release it themselves once they'd sold it. Soaked is beautiful.:happy:

It wouldn't really be an extra for many of us but I think it shows off another side to Muse and it's heaps better than Adam Lambert's version.

Also people are complaining about no B-Sides. Does WKW not count as B-Side?

The problem there is that it was originally not intended as a serious release and so Muse were okay about the fact it was leaked online. Using something already available for free as a B-side is a bit of a rip-off.

On NME TV, the video shown for Resistance uses the album version of the song, with a shorter outro, but everything else as it should be. And apparently the Canadian MTV site was showing a full-length one too... Could it be that the radio edit was just geared towards the US audience?

The problem there is that it was originally not intended as a serious release and so Muse were okay about the fact it was leaked online. Using something already available for free as a B-side is a bit of a rip-off.

On NME TV, the video shown for Resistance uses the album version of the song, with a shorter outro, but everything else as it should be. And apparently the Canadian MTV site was showing a full-length one too... Could it be that the radio edit was just geared towards the US audience?

They're playing the 'short' radio edit on Radio 1 a lot. So I think that is the proper edit.

New Born has a full length and radio edit video so it is standard practice.

No, it doesn't, because it was given as a free download previously, and it isn't even proper Muse.

Who Knows Who

Thanks. Who Knows Who is a completely different case from Soaked though isn't it? As it was a Muse collaboration rather than one that is on someone else's album. Though presumably as Matt still has the copyright for Soaked, Muse can choose to record or perform it if they want?

Really? I haven't heard it...:$

Link?

Check Muselive;):p

Thanks. Who Knows Who is a completely different case from Soaked though isn't it? As it was a Muse collaboration rather than one that is on someone else's album. Though presumably as Matt still has the copyright for Soaked, Muse can choose to record or perform it if they want?

Sure, spot on. And indeed Muse will have the rights to both songs, so they can to with them whatever they like.

Its also a fucking cheek that Warner think they can get away with charging fans for songs they know we already have.

Who Knows Who was leaked on purpose, and the state of the Uprising 7" is still in demo quality. While its a good song (I believe) it really could of done with a proper mixing to actually make it worth reselling.

Soaked being a "B-Side" on Resistance is a joke aswell, Warner know we all have it anyway for free otherwise it would have neither been validated on Muselive and they'd never of put it on the Warner/Chapell site and allowed people to get round the 30 second preview.

Either way to put both songs on a single release and not mix them properly (its not like Muse even really have to be there for it) is tragic misuse of Muse material and a rip Off. Yet another nail in the coffin to future Muse besides.

Archived