Bloody dire is what it is. I'll steal a line from Simon Pegg here and say it's been edited with a pair of dick scissors.

Tempo of the video doesn't match the song, timing is all off on the crowd singing along clips, the WORST song to release as a single with a live video...hardly shows them off as a decent live band. Like Olly said the typography at the start is shit. Urgh this stinks of Warner's dirty involvement somehow.

I get that he's busy but I'd have rather waited for Kirk to put out a video than put up with something this crap. And this isn't criticism for criticism's sake, I'm narked because it just shows how little justice Muse are getting when it comes to the commercial side of things.

URGH

I don't mind that its a video promoting the whole gig performance rather than the song itself. Thats what these sort of videos tend to do anyway isn't it? I can't see where they would have got the time to make a video themselves too. Much prefer that they had a Christmas over the break and spent the rest of it practising all those lovely golden oldies they have been playing recently.

Saything that, it certainly screams a rushed job. The first 20 seconds or so of them walking down the corridor is cheese personified too.:LOL:

Yee, a video of this nature would make far far far more sense for a song like MK Ultra where rapid cuts between footage and even gigs would be off less detriment to the sentiments of the song.

Completely agree.

I like the idea of this video but I'm not too sure if Resistance was the best song for it.

Yeah that Dead Star video is up there as one of my favourites, can't imagine that sort of pace with Resistance though.

I actually hope it gets played in some clubs though, i'll sing the fuck out of it and look like a pleb. It's the more enjoyable single release from TR imo

My brother has heard the remix being played in a few of the clubs he has been too, he said it goes down a storm. I can't wait to hear it when I'm out, I'll have a rave.

That's also the first time I have watched the Dead Star video, awesome stuff. That's how it should be done.

First day for the video of Resistance and the negative mood already takes over the forums with barely any signs of excitement.

You can't expect every single person to like it, can you? We are all different and have different taste we can't all like the same thing. From what I have read there has been as many post praising it as posts criticising it. Each side is entitled to post their opinion.

First day for the video of Resistance and the negative mood already takes over the forums with barely any signs of excitement.

Why do you keep pointing this out? Are you trying to start beef? Honest you're as bad as Carrie sometimes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and as Laure said its been almost 50/50 - some like it, others don't. What's the big deal?

You can't expect every single person to like it, can you? We are all different and have different taste we can't all like the same thing. From what I have read there has been as many post praising it as posts criticising it. Each side is entitled to post their opinion.

Really? I've seen more negative comments 'though. If only there was an equal amount of people who like this and people who don't. I came here to get excited about the new video and immediately bumped into the negative vibes which made me feel like this. I am able to enjoy the video and the music despite all this 'though.

Really? I've seen more negative comments 'though. If only there was an equal amount of people who like this and people who don't.

Why do you want people to like it?

If they don't then you aren't going to change their minds.

Yeah, I agree, no good. Resistance lended itself to a video with a storyline, not a live one, it doesn't work. For something like Unnatural Selection or USE it would have done very well. As long as the video itself looked decent, which this doesn't. And what's with crowd noises in the pre chorus and chorus?

And the fact they've balloons in there say this to me: "we record lots of Muse's live performances, here is a short clip with the new single instead of the audio you want to hear".

TR is an awesome album with absolutely dire singles.

I wonder, should we praise Muse even if they just...makes a video of snow falling for 4 minutes? Because it's MUSE DAMNIT!

Or should we demand more from a band as big as Muse? The video feels like a 30-minutes job, it's pretty much crap if you ask me.

That's what the fans keep doing: demanding more and more.

Muse IS trying to keep up with you. They probably didn't have time to make a proper storyline video because they want to concentrate on the live shows to make your wishes come true. They need to make one sacrifice to make something else work better in this case.

Archived