Matt needs to play the piano intro again. No excuse for him not doing it.

Like that one time they played Sunburn with Morgan playing the piano, it wasn't right, Muse realised it and never did it like that again

I agree matt should play the piano, but i think morgan should definetely play piano in sunburn as the song does contain a considerable amount of guitar, of which would only sound and look right if matt plays it. just my opinion

I agree matt should play the piano, but i think morgan should definetely play piano in sunburn as the song does contain a considerable amount of guitar, of which would only sound and look right if matt plays it. just my opinion

The fully piano version of Sunburn is one of my favourite live things ever. The way Matt does the guitar solo on piano just makes the song for me. However, I'm not a fan of the full guitar version so it just depends I suggest.

As for the Antwerp error, I'm sorry, I knew it was that part of the world :LOL:

I truly don't think it's RIP New Born intro time yet. They had to do it this way for this tour because of the stage setup and I think without the towers Matt might play it again someday.

But they've done it with shows without the pillars since and it's still not being played by him.

But they've done it with shows without the pillars since and it's still not being played by him.

Yes but they were small gigs and they probably didn't get time to rehearse it the right way. It's also possible that Matt playing the intro would mean changing the click track or something (I don't know too much about musical techie stuff....I'm just guessing here) which they didn't have time to change and probably just used the latest one from the tour.

I am feeling kind of glad, and maybe a bit lucky that I'm still really a "new" fan, and I missed the old crazy days. I've got the bootlegs of old shows, but no real memories to compare with.

So, every gig I see will be compared to MSG 2007, and that was a pretty f*cking amazing gig; I'd bet even old-time fans would agree.

I'm looking forward to anything and everything they could possibly play next March. :D

Personally I didn't even freaking notice whether Bellamy played it or not when I saw them live. I was too distracted by the groovy introduction of descent which I'd probably care more for whether or not Bellamy played the piano intro. It's not until people pointed it out on the forums that I actually found out about it, and I still don't give a damn really. It's not even the highlight of the song and Matt still did the guitar transition. Atleast the piano intro is played and I thought that's what really matters.

I don't even see what's so special about it. As I said on the controversial opinions topic, people who are really that bothered are quite the nitpickers, and personally whatever little part of the piano intro that actually mattered, if it ever did, was more than made up with United States of Eurasia and Cave.

tl;dr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHptG35EWU

also loltags.

Again, I think we really have to protest, because it begins like that, and after we won't have anymore New Born, or Morgan will play Plug in Baby intro.

When Matt played the piano while singing, we recognized that it was Muse. Now, it gives me the impression that it's a band who do a cover.

Again, I think we really have to protest, because it begins like that, and after we won't have anymore New Born, or Morgan will play Plug in Baby intro.

When Matt played the piano while singing, we recognized that it was Muse. Now, it gives me the impression that it's a band who do a cover.

Wow... one intro is not that serious. Protesting won't make Matt play it anyway. :LOL:

Then I say again, I think the actual point is stage setting. Although the screen and looking is good, the most important thing is music. Whilst Matt is trying to bring a kinda pop stars stage, they limit various things. But they can't help doing that, in some degrees, because they are becoming bigger and bigger.

Beermats work.

I wrote on a Beermat:

'Dear Mr Bellamy.

You recently wrote a really good song called MK Ultra but you never play it live. Instead you play Guiding Light, which is a bit rubbish. I am concerned'

This got thrown on stage at the O2 on the 13th November. On the 14th November, Muse played a gig in Antwerp, where they played MK Ultra and dropped Guiding Light :awesome:

AHAHAAA. That is genius. Well done.

I love MK ULTRA!

I read somewhere, probably musewiki, that glasgow was meant to be the debut performance of MK ULTRA. But they decided not to ) :

I was at Glasgow. Gutted man, gutted.

Ok, not quoting here because there are too many and I'm tired. But to everyone pretty much in general:

Yeah, that transition is absolutely iconic. It's electrifying. But when everyone heard the piano intro being played at the O2, everyone screamed just as loud in excitement as they've always done at previous Muse gigs I've been to. And Morgan was playing it. So to me, there really wasn't much of a difference.

I guess I have to think of them as human (sometimes); I put myself in Matt's shoes, and think 'I've been playing this fucking intro, pretty much the same, for EIGHT YEARS. Let's jig it around a little this tour'. Hey, fine by me. And The Resistance is cracking, whereas Black Holes wasn't; Clunge has said somewhere else on this board that the new record's 'goose-pimply', which I think pretty much sums up what I think of the whole thing.

And my crack about there not seeming to be any people rooting for Muse on here: it was just a little crack. Honestly though, in the past six months Muse don't seem able to do much right and mostly wrong for many, many people on this forum.

They really are the best band we have right now, popularity singularly spruced from their artistic integrity and doing - basically - what the fuck they want. If they want to play New Born differently, they'll do it. If they want to play Guiding Light, they'll do it (unfortunately. Hmpff).

But hey. I'd put the O2 13th Nov. gig in my top 5 Muse shows.

I'm really hoping that they play New Born at BDO, with Matt on the piano. I've always looked forward to seeing NB live and it'd be disappointing if he didn't play the intro, especially since it's gonna be my first Muse gig :(

Hell yeah. Although I think we're almost guaranteed New Born, I doubt he'll go back to the intro. Which sucks, but I think I'll get over it extremely fast :awesome:

Archived