Again, I think we really have to protest, because it begins like that, and after we won't have anymore New Born, or Morgan will play Plug in Baby intro.

When Matt played the piano while singing, we recognized that it was Muse. Now, it gives me the impression that it's a band who do a cover.

Why the fuck would Morgan play the PiB intro? Its on guitar...

I agree with all of the above. The suspense before the riff was awesome.

And with the all time low comment, definitely. Its all rehearsed and choreographed like a pop concert. Except if you want that done really well go to a pop concert. I saw Miley Cyrus a few days ago and that was pretty epic in terms of set design and organisation, and the rehearsal times for it must have been immense. Next to that Muse's show looked kinda amateur and unorganised, beyond the pretty displays.

The reason Muse are good live is there music and energy as a three piece band pulling of these massive sounding songs. Leave the lighting and the gimmicks to the pop acts please.

I used to love waiting for the riff to kick in after the piano, it was like Bellamy knew we were all waiting for it and drew it out at times because of that reason. I guess I am over it now though, I don't think he'll play the intro again. I also think Bellamy has got really bloody lazy as of late, his ego seems to have exploded and he seems to think he can do as he pleases. Which in reality, he can.

Comparing with other gigs I have been there, Pink is fantastic live. I could tell how much work went into the stage set up, the set lists, it was literally perfection. Everything I could ask for in a gig. Muse have gotten sloppy...actually, for some reason I think it's just Bellamy who has gotten sloppy.

I agree with this.

I noticed on the first night at the O2 how fake (?) and overly rehearsed everything seemed. On the second night it seemed a lot more like a gig, I don't know if it was the dropping of Unintended (which basically hinged around everyone getting out their lighters) and Feeling Good (with its big visuals of a bee) and replacing them with Cave and MK Ultra which were just essentially one colour scheme of lights and images of the band on the screens (not to mention far more high-tempo), those changes just made it seem more like a gig.

I agree with you on the o2 gigs. Hence why the band only recieved 2 stars out of 5 for that first night - totally justified in my opinion. We all had a right lol at it but tbh I was dissapointed for them although at the same time glad someone had the balls to take them down a peg or 2.

Anyone who was at the Dublin gig on the 6th November will in the most part agree with what a fantastic gig it was. So much energy, fun, the band seemed to be having a ball. The atmosphere was electric. It was my favourite gig of the whole tour. Simply brilliant.

Beermats work.

I wrote on a Beermat:

'Dear Mr Bellamy.

You recently wrote a really good song called MK Ultra but you never play it live. Instead you play Guiding Light, which is a bit rubbish. I am concerned'

This got thrown on stage at the O2 on the 13th November. On the 14th November, Muse played a gig in Antwerp, where they played MK Ultra and dropped Guiding Light :awesome:

Don't you dare take credit for that! :LOL:. We were the ones who threw the first beermats bitching about GL and requesting MK on the night of the Dublin gig. That took place on the 6th November, with MK soundchecked at the next gig in Glasgow.

Beermats work guise! :awesome:

Don't you dare take credit for that! :LOL:. We were the ones who threw the first beermats bitching about GL and requesting MK on the night of the Dublin gig. That took place on the 6th November, with MK soundchecked at the next gig in Glasgow.

Beermats work guise! :awesome:

Yeah but when I do it, they change things immediately. You still had to wait for them to play MK Ultra and even longer for Guiding Light to go :p

• 1 year later...

New Born has may good aspects to it, like the delicacy of the intro, going in to a boombastic guitar riffage..a great album and concert opener.. another song slam dunked in the bin. :stunned:

less stadium gigs more small venues please!

Last time they played New Born was back at the end of last year, and he wasn't playing it then. Who knows if he'll start again, really hoping he does.
During the arena gigs they kind of do have an excuse, especially when it is played which is usually third or forth in the set, and is when they first make contact with the stage... but if they don't go back to classic Matt piano into guitar, I will be disappoint. Very, disappoint.

Ok it sucks a bit lol but to me, the eviction of New Born itself REALLY sucks... Maybe it was not as intense as before but it's still really a fuckin' amazing song live and it still creates big sensation + it's a Muse mythical song like Bliss etc ..

They really should not drop it out :-( But it seems that's the way it's gonna be ...

• 4 weeks later...

I've said it many times - this and the fact that Butterflies and Hurricanes and Bliss are not so often played, it the biggest mistake of Resistance tour...

I guess that Matt thinks the piano isn't that attractive - but it's one of typical things about Muse - piano songs...

But I guess the new arrangement is more because of the accidents, bad guitars etc., than performance...

Archived